100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Driver Adska is on a distinguished road

Greensmere

If you want a course in great shape, go play Greensmere. You won't find nicer greens in the entire city.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adska
    If you want a course in great shape, go play Greensmere. You won't find nicer greens in the entire city.
    I don't know...

I was at the Marshes on Monday, the greens were fantastic and the rest of the course was really good. Easily the best conditioned course I've played this year.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I don't know...

I was at the Marshes on Monday, the greens were fantastic and the rest of the course was really good. Easily the best conditioned course I've played this year.
    Greensmere on a Monday $34.00

Marshes on a Monday $115.00

Hmm .... Greensmere I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck

Marshes on a Monday $115.00

Hmm .... Greensmere I think.
    For me...

Marshes on a Monday $0.00

Hmm .... Marshes I think
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Big_duck
    For me...

Hmm .... Marshes I think
    Bast@rd!!!
    :reallymad

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Monday at the Marshes was great, and the price was very nice

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Re: my response to Colby, for you ditto :po

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    But you had to ride. I will continue to boycott the Marshes until they allow walkers. The ONLY exception to this is charity scrambles.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    For me...

Hmm .... Marshes I think

NEWMAN!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    But you had to ride. I will continue to boycott the Marshes until they allow walkers. The ONLY exception to this is charity scrambles.
    For the price they paid, I think I would put up with the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    For the price they paid, I think I would put up with the cart.
    Call me obstinate, but I'd actually pass on the free round if it meant riding. I don't have any objection to people who want to ride, I just don't like it.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Call me obstinate, but I'd actually pass on the free round if it meant riding. I don't have any objection to people who want to ride, I just don't like it.
    why?? What is wrong with carts?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    You're obstinate.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    why?? What is wrong with carts?
    Well, I wouldn't pass up a free round because of them, but I also hate playing with a cart because:

1) they cause lost clubs - pull the PW and putter and walk to the green, Chip on, and then forget the PW after putting out. And its not just me - I see it all the time.
    2) they cause bad decisions - see your ball, pull a club and let your buddy take the cart to the other side of the fairway. Get to your ball, and check your lie and line of play and decide you have the wrong club. Forget about ready golf and wait for your buddy to come back? You should, but you don't. You play the wrong club and live with the consequences.
    3) they ruin my tempo - a cart means always rushing aroung the course. I need to slow down and relax. Less adrenaline = better golf shots.
    4) walking is good for me - I'm not exactly the poster boy for Good Life Fitness!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Well, I wouldn't pass up a free round because of them, but I also hate playing with a cart because:

1) they cause lost clubs - pull the PW and putter and walk to the green, Chip on, and then forget the PW after putting out. And its not just me - I see it all the time.
    2) they cause bad decisions - see your ball, pull a club and let your buddy take the cart to the other side of the fairway. Get to your ball, and check your lie and line of play and decide you have the wrong club. Forget about ready golf and wait for your buddy to come back? You should, but you don't. You play the wrong club and live with the consequences.
    3) they ruin my tempo - a cart means always rushing aroung the course. I need to slow down and relax. Less adrenaline = better golf shots.
    4) walking is good for me - I'm not exactly the poster boy for Good Life Fitness!
    These are essentially my reasons as well.

Add to them that it's easier to track down errant shots when you can walk to it in a straight line.

Like I said before, I have no problem with people who want to use carts, just don't force me to take one.

Reason 1 - Easily avoided by paying attention and not being a retard.
    Reason 2 - See above
    Reason 3 - You were one of the people criticizing my stop-over at the 9th, weren't you?
    Reason 4 - Agreed.

Dan
    PS - Don't take me too seriously....
    Last edited by broken27; 05-20-2004 at 04:56 PM.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

ANSWERS:

1. don't forget your clubs.
    2. drive the cart yourself or let your buddy wait for you to hit.
    3. slow down (there is a brake)
    4. I'd walk too, but there aren't enough beer holders in my bag...

I'm just joking with ya Terry.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar

Mont Cascades

Well, went to the mountain course today and was not too impressed. As mentioned by a few on here, the fairways are in 'decent' shape.. but the greens were awful. I used the free green fee from the golf show.. so did not end up having to pay, but.. I did enjoy the scenery however.. and kept up my surprising consistancy, between 79-84 in all rounds this year. Going to try Greensmere next, I think.

More Answers

ANSWERS:

1. don't forget your clubs ....Oh, NOW you tell me!
    2. drive the cart yourself or let your buddy wait for you to hit. ...and face the Wrath of Karam in the group behind me because of slow play - NEVER!
    3. slow down (there is a brake) ...are you kidding? I don't even WALK slow!
    4. I'd walk too, but there aren't enough beer holders in my bag... ...well obviously you have the wrong bag - check this out: http://www.bogeybag.com/
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

More Answers

ANSWERS:

1. don't forget your clubs ....Oh, NOW you tell me!
    2. drive the cart yourself or let your buddy wait for you to hit. ...and face the Wrath of Karam in the group behind me because of slow play - NEVER!
    3. slow down (there is a brake) ...are you kidding? I don't even WALK slow!
    4. I'd walk too, but there aren't enough beer holders in my bag... ...well obviously you have the wrong bag - check this out: http://www.bogeybag.com/

Pitching Wedge Rye is on a distinguished road Rye's Avatar
    How's Metcalfe's condition? Anyone played it recently?

Lob Wedge duffer69 is on a distinguished road

Could not agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Paulio
    Well, went to the mountain course today and was not too impressed. As mentioned by a few on here, the fairways are in 'decent' shape.. but the greens were awful. I used the free green fee from the golf show.. so did not end up having to pay, but.. I did enjoy the scenery however.. and kept up my surprising consistancy, between 79-84 in all rounds this year. Going to try Greensmere next, I think.
    We played Greensmere on Friday afternoon for $37 with a cart (we took a cart because we all wanted to -- not to add to the ride/walk discussion). The conditions were awesome. Following the round, we decided on where to play on Sunday (as we always do) and decided on Mont Cascades. We love the layout and as you mention, the scenery is quite nice. For $48 with a cart, there are many other courses that we have already played this year that would be worth it. This place was not. I wouldn't even go as far as calling the fairways 'decent'.... you could count on having a crappy lie even when in the fairway. The greens were horrendous. None were putt-able. Either brown, punched, sandy, or in the case where it was actually green -- hairy.

You would think that I would've learned my lesson after playing Montebelo the previous Friday, which was virtually empty. And for good reason.... virtually the same conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer69
    You would think that I would've learned my lesson after playing Montebelo the previous Friday, which was virtually empty. And for good reason.... virtually the same conditions.
    I hope that Montebello improves by Monday, we have 20 guys headed for there Monday AM.
    Colby

Lob Wedge duffer69 is on a distinguished road

It should be

I hope that Montebello improves by Monday, we have 20 guys headed for there Monday AM.
    Given that they would've had at that point, a couple of weeks of what seem to be pretty good growing conditions, it should be much better than it was on the 14th. Which, apparently was the first week they were open. Might be worth a call first.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer69
    Given that they would've had at that point, a couple of weeks of what seem to be pretty good growing conditions, it should be much better than it was on the 14th. Which, apparently was the first week they were open. Might be worth a call first.
    Thanks, I have to call them anyways.
    Colby

Andru
    That's a little extreme. Besides the cart has the GPS. What would be better for your game than perfect measurements. to bunkers,water, greens, pins and instant beer access.

It's true you'll never make anyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    What would be better for your game than perfect measurements. to bunkers,water, greens, pins and instant beer access.

It's true you'll never make anyone happy.
    Instant beer? Is that just a fancy word for American beer? You know, just add water to Canadian beer?

At any rate, instant beer access would make me happier than a in his own filth!

Mmmm.... Instant beer.......

Dan

Boycott all you want, there will always be people to take the tee times that you refuse to sign up for. You are unfortunately missing out on a nice course. I guess that you would boycott Myrtle Beach entirely? There are less than 5% of the courses there that allow you to walk, and never in prime seasons, spring and fall.
    Colby

Thanks, I have to call them anyways.
    Called the course, the temporary green is gone, and things are looking very good. According to the course that is Our Saturday round is Le Maitre and according to the guys who have played it over the last weekend or two, it's in very nice shape!

It's a busy weekend coming up! Fountainebleu and Quatre Domain #2 on Friday, 2 rounds at Le Maitre on Saturday, Manitou and Le Geant on Sunday and Montebello on Monday, Monday night I rest

Good luck to all the OGT guys heading to Royal Papineau!
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    You pig.

Thread Information