100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Champlain

Just got back from Champlain and it's not that wet anymore.
    Hard day on the putter, with greens that are bad but, one can walk the course and stay dry.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Just got back from Champlain and it's not that wet anymore.
    Hard day on the putter, with greens that are bad but, one can walk the course and stay dry.
    Out playing a course in less than stellar condition , sandbagging the handicap for Sunday
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Not meeeeeeee

Should have been under 80 but with 5 3 putts it was tough going. But other than the greens I was surprised by how dry it was. Well at least in the middle of the fairways and a direct line to the greens. Dan can vouch for that too!!!

Not meeeeeeee

Should have been under 80 but with 5 3 putts it was tough going. But other than the greens I was surprised by how dry it was. Well at least in the middle of the fairways and a direct line to the greens. Dan can vouch for that too!!!
    Did Dan outdrive you all day?

I'm waiting for Talon to open up in a couple of weeks. With a slope of 128 from the whites, that will do wonders for the 'cap
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Not really, but I was a past him a few times, down the middle every time.
    There were many times where he scratched his nose with his middle finger, not sure what that was all about

Could not score worth a damn though, chipping was pathetic, and that's not usually a big deal for me. Oh well, there's always the next round to score well.

but I was a past him a few times
    Did I miss something?

and I had an itchy nose is all..............

Did I miss something?

and I had an itchy nose is all..............
    We all have see that itchy nose every so often, lmao!

How many rounds this year so far... I'm at 25 plus 2 nine holes (counting the 8.5 in Myrtle ) New contract starts next week, so I'll be sloooowing down
    Colby

15 so far :cryin

Did I miss something?
    I think you at least forgot about 18 where you and Farzin had 130 in, and I was at 75. Granted, my tee shot was not really longer, just better (dogleg 18 at Champlain) Never mind about the rest of the hole. I already said I had no short game today

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Rounds To Date

13 to date .... and this is hardly unlucky when one is talking about GOLF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    I think you at least forgot about 18 where you and Farzin had 130 in, and I was at 75. Granted, my tee shot was not really longer, just better (dogleg 18 at Champlain)

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    On Monday Dan took me to Stonebridge, and last week Colby took me to predators. And today we played at Champlain. I must admit these guys have spoiled me, because after playing those coursers I don't have much to say about Champlain. The greens really need to be worked at.
    Steve you know how it feels like when you have 5 three putts in a round now. I often have them as you know. but I had a half decent game today. It was the nicest day out playing golf.
    Dan you still need to work harder on your driver to catch up to some people out there.

Putter sjr is on a distinguished road

Mont Cascades

Played Mont Cascades yesterday and was very disappointed. They are only charging $20 but the greens are in very bad shape. The 9th and 18th (near the clubhouse of course) had some green in them but the rest were almost completely brown. I haven't seen greens that bad (even at this time of year) in years. To be fair, on some greens we had to resort to automatic 2 putts. It 'll be a least another month before we try there again.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    So Cascades greens are bad...how are the greens at:

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,
    Played Emerald Links last Monday, and the greens are excellent. Pretty close to mid-season form. Haven't played Manderley or Vieux Moulins.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Manderley's greens have been great so far this year, but they just punched and top dressed them on the North course, so now that nine is a bit dicey. The greens South and Central are in great shape.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,

Les Vieux Moulins: PERFECT!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    thanks all...

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjr
    Played Mont Cascades yesterday and was very disappointed. They are only charging $20 but the greens are in very bad shape. The 9th and 18th (near the clubhouse of course) had some green in them but the rest were almost completely brown. I haven't seen greens that bad (even at this time of year) in years. To be fair, on some greens we had to resort to automatic 2 putts. It 'll be a least another month before we try there again.
    I played Cascades on Tuesday and I'm playing tomorrow morning (with Broken 27) as well. When I played on Tuesday, the greens were much better than the week before. Granted, a couple of them are horrible right now due to winter kill. I wouldn't say that they are all bad though because that isn't true. To be more precise, #5, #16, and #17 are in bad shape. That's it. Other greens have some spots on them but it's normal for this time of year.

Have you played any other course in that area?? Please enlighten me....

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    A few courses in the area came through the winter unscathed, because of good fortune mainly and perhaps a little from good maintenance.

Played Mississippi yesterday and it is the worst that I have ever seen it, and yet 4 or 5 greens are perfect. Excluding the last week or so, cold days, cold nights equals no growth, so it will be a few weeks before we start seeing the kind of conditions that we are used to. Even the Hunt Club has a lot of problem areas.

As bad as it is around here, many courses in the Montreal have been devasted again this year. Talked to a couple of guys who played the Quebec Spring Open qualifier at Isle Perrott and the conditions were apparently brutal. Some courses were supposedly totally wiped out. So sad.

All that rain in December and the first couple of days in January followed by the sudden deep freeze, is not healthy for our precious grass, bent or poa annua.

Putter sjr is on a distinguished road

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,
    I haven't played any other courses on the Quebec side yet. I'm playing Emerald Links on Sunday and hear it's in pretty good shape.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,
    The greens at Vieux Moulins are in great shape. Firm, rolling true and pretty fast.

A pleasure to putt on... if you are putting well...which I am not....

GarthM

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    I played Cascades on Tuesday and I'm playing tomorrow morning (with Broken 27) as well. When I played on Tuesday, the greens were much better than the week before. Granted, a couple of them are horrible right now due to winter kill. I wouldn't say that they are all bad though because that isn't true. To be more precise, #5, #16, and #17 are in bad shape. That's it. Other greens have some spots on them but it's normal for this time of year.

Have you played any other course in that area?? Please enlighten me....
    Damn, I guess I'd better get to sleep then.... Hehehe.... Looking forward to it Shtick. Love that course, and am prepared for any conditions imaginable.

Cheers,
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Mont Cascades, where I was fortunate enough to play with "The Shtick" yesterday, was in pretty good shape. Some of the greens were a tad brown, but overall the ball still rolled pretty smooth. Fairways were very nice, and even most of the greens were in good shape.

Only complaint was the bugs, but some spray takes care of that pretty effectively.

Had a great time, look forward to going back!

Dan

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Hautes Plaines

In preparation for a QGA tournament tomorrow I walked Hautes Plaines (the old Dome) this morning. I was impressed with the condition of the greens considering that a lot of local courses have had some difficulty this year. While most of the greens are flat, because they are small, getting close to the flag from awkward lies presents a significant challenge.

The course is not designed for the long hitter but rather for the golfer who has good distance control and whose game emphasizes accuracy over length. The views from some of the tees down 90' to fairways is quite spectacular.

While some parts of a few fairways have taken a beating this year, if you want to play an exciting, picturesque course and are not overly concerned with your score, Hautes Plaines is a good choice.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Mont Ste Marie

Played Mont Ste Marie today, and it was in great condition. The fairways were lush and green - in fact the grass on the some of the fairways could use a good cut in order to qualify as a "closely mown area". The greens were a bit slow and some of them looked like they had been punched about a week or two ago, but they were all in great shape. Overall, the course is much better any others I've seen on the Quebec side right now.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Mont Cascades, where I was fortunate enough to play with "The Shtick" yesterday, was in pretty good shape. Some of the greens were a tad brown, but overall the ball still rolled pretty smooth. Fairways were very nice, and even most of the greens were in good shape.

Only complaint was the bugs, but some spray takes care of that pretty effectively.

Had a great time, look forward to going back!

Dan
    Probably under the influence (...of the new grass or the Shtick). As of May 18th, the greens are still pretty rough with sand and discovered sports. Some have been recently punched and have not much to offer as a rolling surface. On the other hand, the fairways are in superb condition and the "environmental zones" cleaned.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

Upper Canada Golf Course

Has anybody played there this Spring? If so, how are the conditions? I'm playing there this Monday. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 3295
    Probably under the influence (...of the new grass or the Shtick). As of May 18th, the greens are still pretty rough with sand and discovered sports. Some have been recently punched and have not much to offer as a rolling surface. On the other hand, the fairways are in superb condition and the "environmental zones" cleaned.
    Wasn't under the influence until about the 16th hole (but thanks for your expert diagnosis... explains everything! ). There were 3 greens that were in what I'd consider "bad" shape. The rest were just fine, if only in terms of roll-ability. If you're looking for pretty colours, then you'll be disappointed, but if you're looking to make some putts, Cascades is in fine shape.

Dan

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3295
    Probably under the influence (...of the new grass or the Shtick)

Thread Information