100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Les Vieux Moulins

Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning. Course was mostly dry other than some very thin fairways (a couple of us hitting rocks under the grass in the fairway and rough. The greens were in excellent condition for june. Cant wait to see how fast they run in july. Little windy today so hitting those 147 yrd 3 irons were a blast. :cryin All in all very good first impression.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning. Course was mostly dry other than some very thin fairways (a couple of us hitting rocks under the grass in the fairway and rough. The greens were in excellent condition for june. Cant wait to see how fast they run in july. Little windy today so hitting those 147 yrd 3 irons were a blast. :cryin All in all very good first impression.
    Any deals at the course? They charging full price? Or do they have some "future considerations" deal like a 2-for-1 ticket or something?

I've got mixed opinions about that course, since last year it seemed like they didn't maintain it at all. I enjoy about 2/3 of the holes, but some of them just seem too "artsy" for me. Weird layouts on some.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Dont really know Dan. I am a member of OttawaGolf Club and only paid $18 for today's round.

I thought the layout was pretty nice. Some very interesting holes to say the least. Didnt loose a ball but with the wind you had to use your head a little more. :jitter

Dont really know Dan. I am a member of OttawaGolf Club and only paid $18 for today's round.

I thought the layout was pretty nice. Some very interesting holes to say the least. Didnt loose a ball but with the wind you had to use your head a little more. :jitter
    Well, since that's exactly half the regular fee, I'm going to assume that there's no deals.... :cryin

Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Well, since that's exactly half the regular fee, I'm going to assume that there's no deals.... :cryin

Dan
    There may be deals, but with the Club, the price is usually cheaper anyways
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Not neccessarily. I believe as a member you dont get discounted prices. Its $18 on weekend and $15 on weekday. All year long.

Well, back from a 6.5 hour tour of 36 holes at Dragonfly. Course is in amazing shape, they charge $20 to play all you want... Only a bit of casual water, but that could just have fallen last night.

By far the best course within an hour of downtown Ottawa if you consider their regular price is $34 for all you can play on weekends.

Immaculate greens, relatively firm and fast. Nicely mowed fairways. Not much winterkill.

Awesome day.

Dan

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    Played Nation today, it was like playing Pebble Beach on free beer day compared to Champlain which I played on Thursday. Fairways were firm but not dried out and the greens were coming back to life nicely. The hole on the third seems to have shrunk over the winter though as it did not want to fit around my ball.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar

Dragon Fly

Going to take some advice from Dan and go play Dragonfly today. Hopefully the weather holds up and all is good. Does anyone know what the shape of Mont Cascades is like right now?

Paulio

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Mont Cascades

Quote Originally Posted by Paulio
    Going to take some advice from Dan and go play Dragonfly today. Hopefully the weather holds up and all is good. Does anyone know what the shape of Mont Cascades is like right now?

Paulio
    ...Check the other thread....

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Manderley has fantastic greens this spring. The best shape I've ever seen them in so early, but the course is still pretty wet.

People really do expect a lot in the spring. At first they seem willing to accept whatever morsel of golf that they can get under any conditions. After the first round, they complain about conditions even though it's still very early.

Let's keep the focus on where conditions are perhaps better than expected, and keep critisizms fair. This time of year I expect poor conditions and am thrilled to find the gems that are in better shape.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Manderley has fantastic greens this spring. The best shape I've ever seen them in so early, but the course is still pretty wet.

People really do expect a lot in the spring. At first they seem willing to accept whatever morsel of golf that they can get under any conditions. After the first round, they complain about conditions even though it's still very early.

Let's keep the focus on where conditions are perhaps better than expected, and keep critisizms fair. This time of year I expect poor conditions and am thrilled to find the gems that are in better shape.
    That's why I'm not playing that "first round" for at least another couple of weeks...

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    That's why I'm not playing that "first round" for at least another couple of weeks...
    I thought you didn't play this early because the beer cart "employees" are still all bundled up, if they are out on the course!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank

Actually, Dan from what I've been reading, the only 'expectation' I have seen from people is a little $$ consideration given the conditions.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Played Champlain yesterday and although it was cold and windy, and the greens attrocious, I had a blast. I am a high handicapper but I felt that this year (my second) I am already striking the ball with greater consistancy. Roll on the good weather!

hahaha

this year (my second) I am already striking the ball
    Just teasing on the proper use of "hitting" after just two years.

Took me almost 20 before I was able to use the term "striking the ball" and "me" in one sentence.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Just teasing on the proper use of "hitting" after just two years.

Took me almost 20 before I was able to use the term "striking the ball" and "me" in one sentence.
    Cheers. I guess those books I read over the winter have taken away the hit/kill the ball reflex!

Also I'm Scottish and didn't we invent the game *joking*

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    The fairways are still very poor, but I understand that they have solved some of their water problems so improved conditioning should occur this year.
    They will have to improve to stay open. Last August the faiways were hard as concrete and the greens awfully slow. Too bad, this is a nice design and theis course has its virtues.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Metcalf - Anyone played there yet?

Hi;

I got a tee off time around noon tommorow, looks like a great day, anyone played Metcalf yet?
    Always look forward to the 10th, either I love it or hate it, depending on what I do off the tee!!!

Rusty

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    Hi;

I got a tee off time around noon tommorow, looks like a great day, anyone played Metcalf yet?
    Always look forward to the 10th, either I love it or hate it, depending on what I do off the tee!!!

Rusty

I played last Sunday (frigen cold), they switched the tees, therefore your 10th hole is now #1 (that par 4 dogleg right). The fairways were ok, not too wet, some of the greens were in poor shape, very slick almost like putting on cement, but all in all, ok for this time of year. Have FUN!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Alljay

let me clarify...

Quote Originally Posted by em69
    I'm confused. You say the course was in decent shape, however you did not see any holes after #13 and the course was very wet. Doesn't sound like it was worth the $29 bones.

Sounds as though they should not have been open if theu y still had tarps on the greens.
    I havent been on the site in a few days, so i missed the question about my post.

What i meant was, the course was in good shape, but a bit damp. Unfortunately, rain hit while we were on the course and we had to call our round at the 13th green. At the beginning of the round, there were some wet spots on the course, but it was very playable. Once the driving rain hit, it became too wet to play (and there was lightening too....). When i wrote the comment, i assumed that everyone would know that i meant that it started to rain, but in hindsight, these posts out-last memories of bad weather.

Sorry for the confusion.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road

Condition at Meadows

Played Meadows today. Only North and West are open, The course is in great condition for the time of the year, specially greens, Not too wet either ,except the ninth hole on the north side which is a bit soggy. Other than the wind every thing else was OK.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Played Pakenham this afternoon. So nice with wind, sun & 26 degrees.

Awesome conditions for this time of year; greens dry & solid, only two small wet fairway areas, Gorgeous Beer-Cart Girl (of course, icy refreshments), fairways greening-up really nicely.
    Several staff hard at work fixing things

All this for $25 & you get a coupon good until May 20th for a 2/1 with cart-rental.....

YIPPEE & Cheers to all

Sand Wedge barcman is on a distinguished road barcman's Avatar
    Has anyone played Stonebridge yet this year? Have a tee off time on Monday?

Andru

Marshes

The Marshes is in great shape for this time of year. No standing water. That I noticed. Greens are fairly nice. A little bumpy and slow but it's barely May so I'm not complaining. This course should be fantastic in 2-3 weeks. If we get some decent weather.

Cheers

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Les Vieux Moulins and Falcon Ridge

I'm playing these courses this weekend, anybody play these courses yet this year? Thanks.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

04-24-2004 04:53 PM
    Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning. Course was mostly dry other than some very thin fairways (a couple of us hitting rocks under the grass in the fairway and rough. The greens were in excellent condition for june. Cant wait to see how fast they run in july. Little windy today so hitting those 147 yrd 3 irons were a blast. All in all very good first impression.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Emerald Links

I played Emerald Links on Monday morning, and the conditions are SUPERB!! No swamps, no brown spots - practically mid-season form. Fairways are like plush green carpeting, and the greens are fast and true. Even though it was raining, the sand in the bunkers was still soft and playable. Also the first time this year I saw a beverage cart on the course (and on a Monday morning too!). Best conditions I've seen so far this year.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road

Thunderbird

I don't know if any of you play the little par-3 courses for your short game practice but the Thunderbird is in great shape. Dry, fast fairways and greens in almost immaculate condition. They also have a $10/round after 7pm special on Saturday nights. (they're lit for night golf) I'm looking forward to spending a few evening there this summer.

cheers,

Kris

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

played Stonebridge Sunday May 9th

Course overall was in pretty good shape. Needs a little greening up and the greens are good but a little bumpy from last falls aeration but all in all, in great shape for May. The good news is there is no fescue at this time of year!

Drove by Emerald Links on the way there. Boy does that look to be in great shape. Very lush for May!

This weekend:
    Sat: Calabogie
    Sun: TBD
    Mon: Hylands

Thread Information