100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Went to Pakenham this morning and was great. Greens were not bad for time of year and fairways were not that bad either. Little wet under the shoes but overall not a bad walk.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Played Eagle Creek this afternoon, and with the exception of aeration marks on the green, the course is very good for opening weekend. A lot of the fairways are greening up already, and although there are a few mould spots, they were pretty plush already. Carts were out, and the fairways were dry and firm. First time out there since the clubhouse was built. Nice shack!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Nation

Played Nation today, pretty darn good condition, nice and dry. I even got a little sunburn.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road

Prescott

Had 2 rounds at Prescott Golf club (I know, off the beaten track a bit). Remarkably good conditions, particularly the greens which were fairly fast and some tough reads and positions. Course wasn't wet at all (some spongy moments, that's it). And great green fee: $25 (til about May, I hear).

Champlain

Has anyone been here lately? Is it starting to dry up?
    Last edited by Colby; 04-15-2004 at 04:19 PM.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Has anyone been here lately? Is it starting to dy up?
    is it June already Colby??

Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    is it June already Colby??
    I suppose I deserved that one, lol

Have we got a date to watch you and Farzin play yet?
    Colby

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    I suppose I deserved that one, lol

Have we got a date to watch you and Farzin play yet?
    As soon as the course looks as good as his beloved Falcon Ridge!!

Sand Wedge McGavin is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone been here lately? Is it starting to dry up?
    I played it on Saturday and it was still very wet.... and since it rained so much earlier this week, I don't see it getting much better. What I was really concerned about was the condition of the greens. They did not have a good winter/spring. I usually get out early in the season, and this is the worst I've ever seen it. Those greens will not be back to good shape for a long while.

McGavin

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I'm playing Champlain Saturday at 8:07 will report back when I'm done but from what I've read doesn't sound too promising.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl
    I'm playing Champlain Saturday at 8:07 will report back when I'm done but from what I've read doesn't sound too promising.
    Thanks all!
    Colby

Putter steph is on a distinguished road

Casselview

Anyone played Casselview in the last couple days, I got a tee off Sunday morning and was wondering are the fairway still very wet and did they removed all the tarp of the green.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar

Casselview almost inevitably wet at this point...

I played Casselview at around this time last year and it was VERY soggy. I'm told it's built on a clay base and has very bad drainage at this time of year. Unless I hear they are letting carts out anywhere (not just on cart paths) I won't go out because it will be too wet and not much fun.

I like walking but I don't like being wet up to the knees. So when the carts don't sink in, I know I can walk.

Mike

Lob Wedge Noodles is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Cloverdale

Played Cloverdale on Friday. A little soggy but overall not bad. The greens were slow and a little bumpy, but for this time of year in pretty good shape.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Played Manderly with Steve and Colby today, Greens were spectacular for this time of year, fairways a bit soggy and spotty wet, overall better than others so far, No electric cars allowed though. overall rating

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanifi
    Played Manderly with Steve and Colby today, Greens were spectacular for this time of year, fairways a bit soggy and spotty wet, overall better than others so far, No electric cars allowed though. overall rating
    Paid $25 to play Les Vieux Moulins today which was their first day in operation for this year.

Having played there twice in 2003 in Intersectional matches, and not being impressed with the conditioning, particularly the greens, I left pleasantly surprised. The greens were in excellent shape, running about 6 on the stimp, and while they were a little bumpy, who's aren't in April, my four 3-putt, 74 was my fault, not the greens.

The fairways are still very poor, but I understand that they have solved some of their water problems so improved conditioning should occur this year.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Well played Champlain this morning at 8, and it was WET!!! Fairways are soggy, and the greens are rough, but ok. All in all it's playable but not great. 38.00$ green fee plus you get a free weekday round before May 14th.

The hotdogs between 10 & 11 were great!

Ciao,
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek this morning and it was wet but playable. Greens were punched but playable. Glad shoes dont leek.

Oh yeah............. beer was cold too!! Seems like they all have that in common.

I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl
    Well played Champlain this morning at 8, and it was WET!!! Fairways are soggy, and the greens are rough, but ok. All in all it's playable but not great. 38.00$ green fee plus you get a free weekday round before May 14th.

The hotdogs between 10 & 11 were great!

Ciao,
    They didn't have that little shack open when we were there....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar

Talking Mapleview in great shape!

Just got back from Mapleview - it rained all the way there but it stopped as soon as we hit the first tee. The greens are in great shape - not punched and are running at a decent speed and as true as possible at this time of year.

There are a few soggy spots but I'd say it's 80-90% dry.

Definitely worth the drive at this time of year!

Mike

Pitching Wedge spart is on a distinguished road

Greensmere

Played Greensmere today. Front nine very wet, back nine quite dry. Greens very slow
    One temp green. Green fees $35

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar

Nation

Anyone play Nation over the weekend? Looking at going tomorrow.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithsguy
    Anyone play Nation over the weekend? Looking at going tomorrow.
    I played 2 weekends ago, was not too wet. But the thing I wanted to tell you, is they offered us an extra green fee for $8 good until June, pretty good deal and our green fee was only $24.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

6 Iron bbbeam is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Canadian

Played Canadian on Friday - very playable - not too soggy - no temps - some greens still had aeration holes - some didn't but all were playable for early April (just a little slow, so play less break and bang it).

Only complaint may be the full fare (which came with a 2 for 1 coupon to be used before the May long weekend). So really its a 3 for 2 coupon.

BB

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Manerley

The greens at Manderley are absolutely wonderful. They've been mowed three times and it shows. The ball rolls, not hops, to the target when putted. This is preferable to paying an inflated rate to play at a course where the greens are punched, bumpy and uncut.

Alljay

Casselview

I played Casselview on Saturday morning and it was pretty wet in places, but the course was in decent shape for this time of year. Unfortunately, the course got significantly wetter while I was there and I did not get to see any of the holes after #13. The course plays pretty short at this time of year and there were tarps on some of the greens.

Despite the rain, it was a fun round. No carts and $29 per round.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alljay
    I played Casselview on Saturday morning and it was pretty wet in places, but the course was in decent shape for this time of year. Unfortunately, the course got significantly wetter while I was there and I did not get to see any of the holes after #13. The course plays pretty short at this time of year and there were tarps on some of the greens.

Despite the rain, it was a fun round. No carts and $29 per round.

I'm confused. You say the course was in decent shape, however you did not see any holes after #13 and the course was very wet. Doesn't sound like it was worth the $29 bones.

Sounds as though they should not have been open if theu y still had tarps on the greens.

Putter steph is on a distinguished road

Casselview

Played Casselview Sunday and it was not bad for mid april. Power carts were out, no temp and no tarps on the greens. Wet in places but very playable. But most holes had alt tee box.

Quote Originally Posted by em69
    I'm confused. You say the course was in decent shape, however you did not see any holes after #13 and the course was very wet. Doesn't sound like it was worth the $29 bones.

Sounds as though they should not have been open if theu y still had tarps on the greens.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Iroquois

Played Iroquois this morning, and the course was in good shape. Greens and tee boxes were very good - best I've played on this spring. Fairways were a little spongy (resulting a lot of plugged balls), but without any casual water and not many bare spots or winter kill either. Carts were allowed on the course. Some construction of new drainage ditches, etc being done, so just treat as GUR. Weekend green fee was only $20 - great value! Hardly anyone on the course, either.

Passed by Cloverdale on the way home. Haven't played it yet this year, but it LOOKED to be in fantastic condition.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Going out to Dragonfly (near Renfrew) tomorrow. They've been open for 3 weeks and are reported to have the best conditions in the area. To make it even better, they're offering $20 for all you can play.

This course is very well maintained, always cheap ($34 on weekends), and very fun to play. It's well worth the 50 minute drive.

36 holes, here we come!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Thread Information