100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Pitching Wedge Clutch is on a distinguished road Clutch's Avatar

2004 Spring Course Conditions

I played Nation April 09. The fairways were dry, however the thawing created all these little craters in the fairways. I hope they flatten out when the ground thaws.

FYI: They filled in the fairway bunker on 10 with sod, so no need to worry about that pesky hazard.

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    was there a bunker on 10? Never noticed it, must have always gone around or over it ......kidding........good to hear that the fairways are not lakes though......how did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I played Nation April 09. The fairways were dry, however the thawing created all these little craters in the fairways. I hope they flatten out when the ground thaws.

FYI: They filled in the fairway bunker on 10 with sod, so no need to worry about that pesky hazard.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Was at Champlain on Thursday, first day they were open, and it was really tough. Very wet in the fairways, greens patchy and inconsistent. Paid $38 and got another weekday round between here and May 14th for free. Going to bank that one until at least two weeks of drying happen.

Glad to hear Nation is in decent shape...

Anyone else have any reports?

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Mapleview

Played Mapleview on friday and everything was just as I remembered.
    Ok the first time I was there was last november at our second to last round.

The course is a bit of a drive but was well worth it. Fairways were dry and there were no wet spots that I found. Greens were good with no winter damage that I could see. All in all, a good day. And they had king cans for $4. Always a plus in our group.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    King cans ARE a food group......

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Played Mapleview on friday and everything was just as I remembered.
    Ok the first time I was there was last november at our second to last round.

The course is a bit of a drive but was well worth it. Fairways were dry and there were no wet spots that I found. Greens were good with no winter damage that I could see. All in all, a good day. And they had king cans for $4. Always a plus in our group.

Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    King cans ARE a food group......
    Man, as if you're puking on that guy, twice!!!!

For shaaaame.
    Dan

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Iroquois

Played Iroquois this morning, and the course was in good shape. Greens and tee boxes were very good - best I've played on this spring. Fairways were a little spongy (resulting a lot of plugged balls), but without any casual water and not many bare spots or winter kill either. Carts were allowed on the course. Some construction of new drainage ditches, etc being done, so just treat as GUR. Weekend green fee was only $20 - great value! Hardly anyone on the course, either.

Passed by Cloverdale on the way home. Haven't played it yet this year, but it LOOKED to be in fantastic condition.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Going out to Dragonfly (near Renfrew) tomorrow. They've been open for 3 weeks and are reported to have the best conditions in the area. To make it even better, they're offering $20 for all you can play.

This course is very well maintained, always cheap ($34 on weekends), and very fun to play. It's well worth the 50 minute drive.

36 holes, here we come!

Dan

Les Vieux Moulins

Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning. Course was mostly dry other than some very thin fairways (a couple of us hitting rocks under the grass in the fairway and rough. The greens were in excellent condition for june. Cant wait to see how fast they run in july. Little windy today so hitting those 147 yrd 3 irons were a blast. :cryin All in all very good first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning. Course was mostly dry other than some very thin fairways (a couple of us hitting rocks under the grass in the fairway and rough. The greens were in excellent condition for june. Cant wait to see how fast they run in july. Little windy today so hitting those 147 yrd 3 irons were a blast. :cryin All in all very good first impression.
    Any deals at the course? They charging full price? Or do they have some "future considerations" deal like a 2-for-1 ticket or something?

I've got mixed opinions about that course, since last year it seemed like they didn't maintain it at all. I enjoy about 2/3 of the holes, but some of them just seem too "artsy" for me. Weird layouts on some.

Dan

Dont really know Dan. I am a member of OttawaGolf Club and only paid $18 for today's round.

I thought the layout was pretty nice. Some very interesting holes to say the least. Didnt loose a ball but with the wind you had to use your head a little more. :jitter

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Les Vieux Moulins and Falcon Ridge

I'm playing these courses this weekend, anybody play these courses yet this year? Thanks.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

04-24-2004 04:53 PM
    Played Les Vieux Moulins this morning. Course was mostly dry other than some very thin fairways (a couple of us hitting rocks under the grass in the fairway and rough. The greens were in excellent condition for june. Cant wait to see how fast they run in july. Little windy today so hitting those 147 yrd 3 irons were a blast. All in all very good first impression.

Emerald Links

I played Emerald Links on Monday morning, and the conditions are SUPERB!! No swamps, no brown spots - practically mid-season form. Fairways are like plush green carpeting, and the greens are fast and true. Even though it was raining, the sand in the bunkers was still soft and playable. Also the first time this year I saw a beverage cart on the course (and on a Monday morning too!). Best conditions I've seen so far this year.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road

Thunderbird

I don't know if any of you play the little par-3 courses for your short game practice but the Thunderbird is in great shape. Dry, fast fairways and greens in almost immaculate condition. They also have a $10/round after 7pm special on Saturday nights. (they're lit for night golf) I'm looking forward to spending a few evening there this summer.

cheers,

Kris

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

played Stonebridge Sunday May 9th

Course overall was in pretty good shape. Needs a little greening up and the greens are good but a little bumpy from last falls aeration but all in all, in great shape for May. The good news is there is no fescue at this time of year!

Drove by Emerald Links on the way there. Boy does that look to be in great shape. Very lush for May!

This weekend:
    Sat: Calabogie
    Sun: TBD
    Mon: Hylands

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    So Cascades greens are bad...how are the greens at:

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,
    Played Emerald Links last Monday, and the greens are excellent. Pretty close to mid-season form. Haven't played Manderley or Vieux Moulins.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Manderley's greens have been great so far this year, but they just punched and top dressed them on the North course, so now that nine is a bit dicey. The greens South and Central are in great shape.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,

Les Vieux Moulins: PERFECT!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    thanks all...

Putter sjr is on a distinguished road

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,
    I haven't played any other courses on the Quebec side yet. I'm playing Emerald Links on Sunday and hear it's in pretty good shape.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

- Manderly
    - Emerald Links
    - Vieux Moulins

Thx,
    The greens at Vieux Moulins are in great shape. Firm, rolling true and pretty fast.

A pleasure to putt on... if you are putting well...which I am not....

GarthM

Thumbs up Mont Ste Marie

Played Mont Ste Marie today, and it was in great condition. The fairways were lush and green - in fact the grass on the some of the fairways could use a good cut in order to qualify as a "closely mown area". The greens were a bit slow and some of them looked like they had been punched about a week or two ago, but they were all in great shape. Overall, the course is much better any others I've seen on the Quebec side right now.

Thread Information