100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Pitching Wedge Clutch is on a distinguished road Clutch's Avatar

2004 Spring Course Conditions

I played Nation April 09. The fairways were dry, however the thawing created all these little craters in the fairways. I hope they flatten out when the ground thaws.

FYI: They filled in the fairway bunker on 10 with sod, so no need to worry about that pesky hazard.

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    was there a bunker on 10? Never noticed it, must have always gone around or over it ......kidding........good to hear that the fairways are not lakes though......how did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I played Nation April 09. The fairways were dry, however the thawing created all these little craters in the fairways. I hope they flatten out when the ground thaws.

FYI: They filled in the fairway bunker on 10 with sod, so no need to worry about that pesky hazard.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Was at Champlain on Thursday, first day they were open, and it was really tough. Very wet in the fairways, greens patchy and inconsistent. Paid $38 and got another weekday round between here and May 14th for free. Going to bank that one until at least two weeks of drying happen.

Glad to hear Nation is in decent shape...

Anyone else have any reports?

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Mapleview

Played Mapleview on friday and everything was just as I remembered.
    Ok the first time I was there was last november at our second to last round.

The course is a bit of a drive but was well worth it. Fairways were dry and there were no wet spots that I found. Greens were good with no winter damage that I could see. All in all, a good day. And they had king cans for $4. Always a plus in our group.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

King cans ARE a food group......

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Played Mapleview on friday and everything was just as I remembered.
    Ok the first time I was there was last november at our second to last round.

The course is a bit of a drive but was well worth it. Fairways were dry and there were no wet spots that I found. Greens were good with no winter damage that I could see. All in all, a good day. And they had king cans for $4. Always a plus in our group.

Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    King cans ARE a food group......
    Man, as if you're puking on that guy, twice!!!!

For shaaaame.
    Dan

Can't help it, it was that Cape Breton yak pee.....Keiths.......there is proof that if you put alcohol in something, some pathetic soul will drink it.

Can't help it, it was that Cape Breton yak pee.....Keiths.......there is proof that if you put alcohol in something, some pathetic soul will drink it.
    So!!!!!! Ya fancy yerself a label-peeler? punch punch punch...... struggle.... kick... punch.... struggle... punch......

Yes. A label peeler am I.

You don't actually drink that stuff do you? Blah.....I would rather have a hemmroid so long that it got caught in my bike spokes than drink one of those things. Why don't you find a cold can of BLUE STAR.....the shining beer of the granite planet........rather than Keiths........the beer of Cape Breton intellectuals (are there such things......doubt it)

You don't actually drink that stuff do you? Blah.....I would rather have a hemmroid so long that it got caught in my bike spokes than drink one of those things. Why don't you find a cold can of BLUE STAR.....the shining beer of the granite planet........rather than Keiths........the beer of Cape Breton intellectuals (are there such things......doubt it)
    Don't drink that pee... I drink many beers, but not that one. 50, Canadian, Export, Kokanee, Pilsner Urquell, Velkopopvickej Kozel, Czechvar (original Budweiser BTW), Staropramen.....

Not Keith's though....

Dan

Well then there is hope for you yet

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Don't drink that pee... I drink many beers, but not that one. 50, Canadian, Export, Kokanee, Pilsner Urquell, Velkopopvickej Kozel, Czechvar (original Budweiser BTW), Staropramen.....

Not Keith's though....

Dan

Well then there is hope for you yet
    You can never go wrong if you drink Czech beer. I'm a Czech-Canadian, and have compared the two quite extensively. CZR wins hands down. Any Pilsner you drink is "inspired by" Pilsner Urquell... Budweiser (Formerly Budvar, from Ceske Budejovice), is a Czech beer. It's fun stuff. We're a small nation, but outdrink the world big time in a per capita sense....

Woop!

Dan

Gap Wedge InTheHunt is on a distinguished road
    Played Cedar Glen on friday.They have only the back nine open(new nine)and it was very nice.A bit wet but not too bad at all.The greens are fantastic, fast, smooth and better than most courses greens in mid-july.They were charging 10 bucks for 9 or 20bucks to play it twice.

Just as an aside ,why don't we try to keep this thread for course conditons reviews and not about all other comments more or less non golf related,it gets a little annoying reading through all the crap to get to what these threads are supposed to be about.

Nothing personal towards anyone..

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jfm38
    why don't we try to keep this thread for course conditons reviews and not about all other comments more or less non golf related,it gets a little annoying reading through all the crap to get to what these threads are supposed to be about.
    My, wouldn't that be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jfm38
    Played Cedar Glen on friday.They have only the back nine open(new nine)and it was very nice.A bit wet but not too bad at all.The greens are fantastic, fast, smooth and better than most courses greens in mid-july.They were charging 10 bucks for 9 or 20bucks to play it twice.

Just as an aside ,why don't we try to keep this thread for course conditons reviews and not about all other comments more or less non golf related,it gets a little annoying reading through all the crap to get to what these threads are supposed to be about.

Nothing personal towards anyone..
    Geez, sorry to have wasted 15 seconds of your life by making you sort through my crap. Thought this was supposed to be a fun / friendly place.

Lighten up bud!

Dan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It is supposed to be a fun and friendly place, however, an unusual number of threads lately are going off topic.

In this thread up to that point:
    4 posts on course conditions
    8 on beer and puke and pee.

Humourous comments are always appreciated, but try not to hijack a thread with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    It is supposed to be a fun and friendly place, however, an unusual number of threads lately are going off topic.

Humourous comments are always appreciated, but try not to hijack a thread with it.
    My apologies. Was posting back and forth with mkemila within the span of an hour when nobody else was on the board. It's important to talk about beer puke and pee... Can affect course conditions immensely!

Cheers,
    Dan
    PS - Heard that Champlain was still very soggy as of Saturday.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Just got back from Calabogie. First time there and thought it was pretty good. A couple of frozen ponds, a little snow falling and they cut the greens. Unfortunately the cut greens exposed the aeration from late last year, and they were very bumpy from the holes. I found the greens at Mapleview on Friday to roll much truer.

It is a course thet I would like to get back to later in theyear when it is in its prime.

Broken, PMs are good for quick chats when there's no-one else around. I wish this forum software had a chat feature.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

sorry about the pee but I just had to

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank

OK back on topic I just played Casselview....paid full price $38......the fairway ranged from very moist to standing water. About 10-12 of the greens had the tarp only partially removed, giving you about half of the green to play with.......too much for too little in my opinion......On a happier note I was making really solid contact on all irons.....my driver was dialed in perfectly.......I would just like to see them halve their price for conditions like that.

Thanks for telling on me

My apologies. Was posting back and forth with mkemila within the span of an hour when nobody else was on the board. It's important to talk about beer puke and pee... Can affect course conditions immensely!

Cheers,
    Dan
    PS - Heard that Champlain was still very soggy as of Saturday.

Thanks for telling on me
    I'm sure nobody would have noticed if I hadn't said anything....

Dan

Oh probably, did you get out this weekend? I think I hit the Easter Bunny with an errant ball today.......there were chocolate eggs everywhere....that or there were deer around...........on topic I did ask him about golf this weekend!

Here's a shot of #9 at Calabogie, it was snowing just a bit. And the ice was fun to bouce the ball off of!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Oh probably, did you get out this weekend? I think I hit the Easter Bunny with an errant ball today.......there were chocolate eggs everywhere....that or there were deer around...........on topic I did ask him about golf this weekend!
    Got out on Thursday as mentioned above, but conditions were disappointing enough to make me wait.

Dan

You should read the crap we started in the equipment section........holy hacking batman

Got out on Thursday as mentioned above, but conditions were disappointing enough to make me wait.

Dan

Isn't more fun watching a ricochet than listening to the splash...I played Casselview today and they had ice in the water hazzards....I saw about 8 balls waiting for the ice to melt to fall to the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Here's a shot of #9 at Calabogie, it was snowing just a bit. And the ice was fun to bouce the ball off of!

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    learned lst year, that even though i want to get out and play to wait a bit..
    most courses in the area arnt in great shape at this time of the year, but thier prices are usually regular rates...if you open early and the course is wet/dry anything but in good shape how can they justify charging full price...discounted rates would take the sting out of playing in poor conditions..

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    learned lst year, that even though i want to get out and play to wait a bit..
    most courses in the area arnt in great shape at this time of the year, but thier prices are usually regular rates...if you open early and the course is wet/dry anything but in good shape how can they justify charging full price...discounted rates would take the sting out of playing in poor conditions..
    Few local deals:
    Champlain - $38, but get a free weekday round to use before May 14th.
    Nation - $24 to play 18 during the week, or 2-for-1 (according to their website)
    Gatineau - Reg Price, get a second round for free.

I wouldn't have minded the conditions so much, since it helps me determine how far my clubs go in the air. My issue was losing perfect tee-shots in the middle of the fairway because of plugging.

Dan

Few local deals:
    Champlain - $38, but get a free weekday round to use before May 14th.
    Nation - $24 to play 18 during the week, or 2-for-1 (according to their website)
    Gatineau - Reg Price, get a second round for free.

I wouldn't have minded the conditions so much, since it helps me determine how far my clubs go in the air. My issue was losing perfect tee-shots in the middle of the fairway because of plugging.

Dan
    We went a little out of town for the first two rounds, Mapleview was dry (15.00 on the OGC) and Calabogie was dry in the fairways(they even allow carts), even if it did snow a bit, $25.00 or so on the weekend.
    Colby

Thread Information