100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

#15 Marshes

I must admit I shipped with my LW on 15. Pin was back left and I was short on the "upside down L" green. I even was playing with a Marshall and as I was rehearsing my practice swings, he did not say a thing. However I hit the ball clean, took two hopes and stopped 2 feet from the hole. I left a divot the size of a quarter though. Then the Marshall said.."I could believe you did that!" He proceeded by showing me that you could of putted it. He hit the uphill put off too the right and the ball tried to trickle right to left and down, but he wasn't even close..left with a 10 footer. You have to play a chip if you want a put it close to the hole in that ball position with a back left pin placement. All in all, I wasn't impressed with the overrated course and chipping it close made my monies worth!
    Bite, Bite!

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    Horseshoe greens and greens with bunkers in the middle look cool, but are a bit gimmicky IMOP

I can see that the club might want a rule to give you free relief, to prevent damage to the green but the rules of golf do not allow a local rule that contravenes a rule of golf.

A local rule preventing chipping would also be non-conforming

There is a course nearby that has a local rule increasing the penalty for a ball hit OB into an adjacent back yard. Also non-conforming, but designed to overcome the bad design of having a house in line with the fairway on a dogleg.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmaninblack View Post
    Horseshoe greens and greens with bunkers in the middle look cool, but are a bit gimmicky IMOP

I can see that the club might want a rule to give you free relief, to prevent damage to the green but the rules of golf do not allow a local rule that contravenes a rule of golf.

A local rule preventing chipping would also be non-conforming

There is a course nearby that has a local rule increasing the penalty for a ball hit OB into an adjacent back yard. Also non-conforming, but designed to overcome the bad design of having a house in line with the fairway on a dogleg.

No THAT is funny - I wonder what percentage of golfers actually give themselves the modified penalty

Thread Information