100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Before I move

2 Iron luigicactus is on a distinguished road

Before I move

Hi everyone,
    I just join this forum as I might be moving in the Ottawa region this summer or in fall. For me it will be a way to get to know Ottawa's golfing community ahead of time.
    It already seems like a great place to surf around, but it sure does not help my winter golf blues.

So hello everyone frome Sherbrooke, Quebec and thanks to The Saint for the heads up!

Edit : We'll be looking for a house. My wife being a high school teacher, she rather stay on the Quebec side. Anyone can recommend some nice neighborhoods in Gatineau?

On the golf side, which golf clubs have affordable memberships and still are nice and challenging?
    Last edited by luigicactus; 02-19-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Might as well add a few questions...

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. You'll meet a lot of very funny, knowledgeable and interesting people here. Some of them are even nice. Heck, some of them even play golf.

If you live in Sherbrooke, then I hope that you've played Sugarloaf in Maine. If not, you should. It's a great course. Can you tell that I'm originally from the state?

Salut.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigicactus View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I just join this forum as I might be moving in the Ottawa region this summer or in fall. For me it will be a way to get to know Ottawa's golfing community ahead of time.
    It already seems like a great place to surf around, but it sure does not help my winter golf blues.

So hello everyone frome Sherbrooke, Quebec and thanks to The Saint for the heads up!
    From one (ex)Sherbrooker to another, welcome to the forum
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You'll meet a lot of very funny, knowledgeable and interesting people here. Some of them are even nice. Heck, some of them even play golf.

If you live in Sherbrooke, then I hope that you've played Sugarloaf in Maine. If not, you should. It's a great course. Can you tell that I'm originally from the state?

Salut.
    No, haven't played Sugarloaf yet. Have you played the new course at Jay Peak, I heard a lo of good things as well. We're planning to do a golf trip there with some other members of my golf club.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Welcome to the Gatineau,Ottawa area.If you are looking for great neighbouhoods in the Gatineau area,you may want to look at the Limbour,Cote D,azur part of Gatineau.Its a great area with lots of schools,parks etcc.We have lived here for over 33 years and its a great community.Other great areas are the Aylmer part and also Hautes Plaines in Hull is very nice.Good luck with the move and you wont run out of golf courses.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Welcome welcome.. Nice to see you joined.. We look forward to your contribution
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    The east end is a great area too-----then you will be superclose to Indio and I
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post

Something tells me that isn't quite what he is looking for in his new surroundings....

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Btw, where do you guys play?

I play at Outaouais (Rockland).. 27 hole course ..when you get to town we can go out for a round.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

I was a member at Outaouais but now play all over the place (nothing to do with The Saint joining the club )

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Almost anywhere--actually anywhere there is grass with a flag
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

You must have felt really at home at Woodstock?

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Welcome Aboard the Board!!

Whatever you do around here as long as you don't listen to Indio you'll be OK

Thanks guys, there is a few nice houses (within our budget) that are pretty close to different golf courses. I'll be down in Ottawa in a couple of weeks so I'll be checking the neighboorhoods a first time.
    I'll keep in mind to stay away from Indio's neighborhood...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigicactus View Post
    Thanks guys, there is a few nice houses (within our budget) that are pretty close to different golf courses. I'll be down in Ottawa in a couple of weeks so I'll be checking the neighboorhoods a first time.
    I'll keep in mind to stay away from Indio's neighborhood...
    Excellent!!

I can already tell that you and I are going to get along famously

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Not to sure what type of house you are looking for, but like Marcos said Cote D'Azur, Townhouse style, their is Brigil-Chateau Golf in Aylmer (Chateau Cartier Golf Course). Their are a ton of golf courses within 30 minutes each direction of Ottawa.

http://www.brigil.com/en/emplacements/chateau_golf.asp

They even have some deals on where they pay for half your property taxes for 6 months or a year, and they also pay your mortgage for up to 18 months. Not sure which houses, condos, or subdivisions this applies too. May want to inquire...

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Not to sure what type of house you are looking for, but like Marcos said Cote D'Azur, Townhouse style, their is Brigil-Chateau Golf in Aylmer (Chateau Cartier Golf Course). Their are a ton of golf courses within 30 minutes each direction of Ottawa.

http://www.brigil.com/en/emplacements/chateau_golf.asp

They even have some deals on where they pay for half your property taxes for 6 months or a year, and they also pay your mortgage for up to 18 months. Not sure which houses, condos, or subdivisions this applies too. May want to inquire...
    Thanks Bogey, we'll have to go and take a look. Seems a bit pricy at first glance, but well worth to inquire further!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I wasn't sure of the price range you were looking for, but I do know that they do have a few townhouses that back on the Chateau Cartier golf course. You are close to the Ottawa River, bike paths, and close to downtown Ottawa, etc..and I guess there is a premium to have that.

We have the Monaco model at a different location, and we are very happy with it so far...of course it has only been 5 months as well...Ha Ha Ha.

Good luck with the search and welcome to the forum...

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    welcome to the forum! i'm sure you'll find lots of very kind and helpful people here. I did.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    If you are still looking for a house:

www.mariosimard.com

remaxvision99@hotmail.com

Super guy and has been in the business for a while and knows the region really well.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    If you are still looking for a house:

www.mariosimard.com

remaxvision99@hotmail.com

Super guy and has been in the business for a while and knows the region really well.
    Thanks Chief, I'll get in contact with him.

Thread Information