CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hilton Head

Putter RJM is on a distinguished road

Hilton Head

I am going to be in South Carolina in March and already have a place to stay but was wondering if anyone new of some courses to play that are not to expensive. Thanks.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I'm here now and have played 8 games. The weather has been great--a couple of cool days but nothing bad--average 60 to 70 degrees--very cool at night.

Now the important stuff---there are about 30 courses on amd off the island. Right now the prices range from 30.00 to 200.00. All the high priced courses are on the island and they are not any better than some off island except maybe for Harbour Town and the new Heron course. The bad news is that rates go up March 1.

What you have to be prepared for is "winter golf". As the Bermuda grass is dormant this time of the year-- you are basically hitting off hardpan---the approaches are grassy but the greens are as fast as .

This is our fourth trip here and we learn more every time we come down. Anyone that is familiar with this place will look for the deals.

Rosehill has just reopened with all new greens--45.00-should be great by the 3rd week of March. Eagles Pt and Crecent Point are decent courses 35.00 with coupons from timeshare presentations. Hilton Head National is a great course-again with coupons. We found a couple of courses about 45 minutes away 20.00 for seniors walking but nothing to write home about with the fairways all dormant.

We will be playing CountryClub of Hilton Head next week 39.00 at 1:00--looks like a great track

Call me when you get here and maybe I can give you some more info--we are driving up to Myrtle for a couple of days just to compare. If your looking for shirts----GOOD shirts--Calloway/Norman/Ashworth---75.00 at home---15 to 20.00 here but not at the courses. Belks---Stienmart---Marshalls. Good deals at Rockport outlet at Tangers Outlet Greg Norman slacks and shorts--Nike but not at the Nike store.

Watch your speed after you leave I-95---there are lots of cops down here

Brian 843 686 0553 ext 4404

Driving? 2002 KM---20hrs Gas 63.00 US 6 cyl Impala
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Now that was a response. Wow!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Now that was a response. Wow!
    Did In overdo it???? Who else is coming?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Sounds like a great trip so far.Keep us posted big guy.

abre0005

Myrtle Beach trip...

I'm also heading down to MB SC in March.. There will be 7 of us total, 4 of us are players on the N.C.G.T.. We will be there from March 21st to the 28th.. We have booked 4 rounds already but will be adding some courses as the week progresses.. King's North is already on our schedule and I would be interested in walking on another upscale course at some point.. Maybe Dunes Club... : ) ya right.. (200$) yikes... Last year it was only 2 of us so this year will be a blast as we have rented a huge beach house for everyone in Surfside Beach... Any input is aprreciated... Cheers

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Me Too!

I leave this weekend for 2 weeks at the father in laws time share. Old South is included in the package 2 green fees a day. Going with the wife and sister and brother in law, should be fun - first time.
    I hope to play the Melrose course, can't justifiy Harbour Town. I will be back mid March and update course conditions and impressions from a first timer.

Thanks for the info guys.

Rusty

Thread Information