CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Phoenix

My brother an I will be traveling to Phoenix in April for golf. Any recommendations for reasonably priced golf courses?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    My brother an I will be traveling to Phoenix in April for golf. Any recommendations for reasonably priced golf courses?
    Mike, play Aguila. It's a muni in the south end, near South Mountain. Great layout, great price, great conditions. I liked it so much I played it twice. As a non-resident you'll pay more, but it's $55 well spent.

Also the Karsten Course at ASU in Tempe. The rates drop at that time of year to between $50 & $70. Well worth it. Immaculate conditions, and they treat you like gold. One of the last courses built in Arizona without acreage restrictions on greenspace so it plays more like a parkland course. 9 & 18 are amazing, and the 16th is one of the toughest par 3's you'll ever play.

Have fun!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thanks for the advice. My brother and I will certainly play them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Mike, play Aguila. It's a muni in the south end, near South Mountain. Great layout, great price, great conditions. I liked it so much I played it twice. As a non-resident you'll pay more, but it's $55 well spent.

Also the Karsten Course at ASU in Tempe. The rates drop at that time of year to between $50 & $70. Well worth it. Immaculate conditions, and they treat you like gold. One of the last courses built in Arizona without acreage restrictions on greenspace so it plays more like a parkland course. 9 & 18 are amazing, and the 16th is one of the toughest par 3's you'll ever play.

Have fun!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm envious!!! You might be tempted to buy some inexpensive real estate as I've heard you can purchase fantastic vacation homes at a great discount. Say hi to Kurt Warner for me and be sure to give us a review when you return.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

I'll provide you with a play by play when I return. Buying property, save if it provides free golf privileges is out of the question. However, I will say hi to Kurt for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I'm envious!!! You might be tempted to buy some inexpensive real estate as I've heard you can purchase fantastic vacation homes at a great discount. Say hi to Kurt Warner for me and be sure to give us a review when you return.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Camel back. And try looking on golfnow.com . They are great for getting discount golf there.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Your going to love it Mike--- your going to cook---play early
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

We always play early, so that will not be a problem. Besides, it should be a lot safer than Hilton Head.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Your going to love it Mike--- your going to cook---play early

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Camel Back, Gainey Ranch or if you want a real treat but it will cost you...... TPC Scottsdale
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Played Vistal GC twice last April. Beautiful course on the south side, right up against South Mountain. Booked through golfnow.com, paid $34.00 per round cart included. Also played Legends Resort, a very classy course. A little pricier but was part of the conference I attended.
    You'll love Phoenix, I wish I was going back.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Mike, let me know when you are back of any good courses you played while in Arizona. Michelle would like to go, as she will attend the spa while I play golf, but the rule is, I can only play 18 a day, not allowed to play 18 in the morning and then 18 in the afternoon. I can live with that....

You are the epitome of thoughtfulness. I will give you a play by play after I return.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Hey Mike, let me know when you are back of any good courses you played while in Arizona. Michelle would like to go, as she will attend the spa while I play golf, but the rule is, I can only play 18 a day, not allowed to play 18 in the morning and then 18 in the afternoon. I can live with that....

We always play early, so that will not be a problem. Besides, it should be a lot safer than Hilton Head.
    You'll be good till 1:00 pm Mike----the incident here I hope was only an isolated one---we have met a ton of good people

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm going to be there march 2nd to the 16th. I expect to play a lot. I am going to try Papago, it was rebuilt in 2008, its a municipal course & their rebuild was featured in golf magazine this month.

I would also recommend golfnow.com (explore it for rates anytime for yourself), it was awesome for us last year. I played at longbow (a+) lookout mountain, and a couple rounds at some lesser (but still great & affordable) courses Ahwatukee and I can't remember the name of the other one.

My father-in-law's brother has lived in Phoenix for 30 years, & marshalls there, and is an avid golfer, and great host.
    Andrew

Lookout mountain kicked my ass hard!

Just tidying up my desk & priming for my 1st round on tuesday. I am hoping that the sluggish US Economy is going to result in some reduced green fees at the primo Phoenix/Scottsdale courses. Looking rough, Monday's forecast high is 31 degrees with no rain forecast for the next month. Take that Florida!

Yiiipiiiieeee!
    Andrew

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Take a drive up to Sedona and play the Sedona G&CC. I recall it was reasonably priced and the views were very memorable.

http://www.sedonagolfresort.com/Sedo...e-Up-Close.asp

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Not sure how good Starfire GC is but my favorite online guru is the pro there, Bobby Eldrige. I want to go there and take a couple of lessons from him.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

The prices drop significantly in April. It is not cheap here right now. But I have yet to play anything that is poor.Especially the greens, they are universally great, and that includes 2 muni courses I've played already . I could get you into a large, semi-competetive group of mostly retired golfers if you're interested, bring your handicap card, and that blue purse of yours. I'll do some research & send you a pm if you'd like, I am here until the 16th.

back to my margurita, on the rocks, no salt.
    Andrew

Yes Mike--if you can get to Sedona--you have to play the CC----the vistas will blow your mind. If you do make it north --swing over to Stoneridge---you'll love it. Bring a few extra balls----OOB might just as well be another planet.

Please send me a PM. As for my handicap card, I have no clue where it is, although my index was 3.2 at the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    The prices drop significantly in April. It is not cheap here right now. But I have yet to play anything that is poor.Especially the greens, they are universally great, and that includes 2 muni courses I've played already . I could get you into a large, semi-competetive group of mostly retired golfers if you're interested, bring your handicap card, and that blue purse of yours. I'll do some research & send you a pm if you'd like, I am here until the 16th.

back to my margurita, on the rocks, no salt.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Please send me a PM. As for my handicap card, I have no clue where it is, although my index was 3.2 at the end of last year.
    Is your profile on the RCGA network? If so, just print it out. It'll have your index on it.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I have never looked at the RCGA site for handicaps. I probably still have a handicap from my membership at Madawaska. It is probably on the system, but I have no idea how to access it.

In September I joined the Highlands Golf Course in Bradford. While they track handicaps, they are not members of the RCGA, which puts me in a bind as I am not an RCGA member there. On that system, I believe that my cap dropped to 3.2. I cannot recall what it was at Madawaska, but it probably was 4 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Is your profile on the RCGA network? If so, just print it out. It'll have your index on it.

I played there Luc. It is not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Not sure how good Starfire GC is but my favorite online guru is the pro there, Bobby Eldrige. I want to go there and take a couple of lessons from him.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    But I would go just to get a lesson form him
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Mike, maybe Steve still has some of your data on NCGT, try there.
    Lefty Lucas

Just fired an 80 (43-37) in a tournament at a great course on an air force base called Falcon Dunes. won some skin $ to boot. There were F-16 fighter jets roaring overhead, which was actually really cool, although a little loud at times. Mpare: I will send you a pm/email with some names & contact numbers & emails so you'll be able to get into these tournaments too.

Well, back to my Marguerita, miss y'all, but will be back too soon.
    Andrew

You are heightening my excitement about the trip. I look forward to receiving any information that you'd like to send on.

By the way, good score, and an especially good back-nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Just fired an 80 (43-37) in a tournament at a great course on an air force base called Falcon Dunes. won some skin $ to boot. There were F-16 fighter jets roaring overhead, which was actually really cool, although a little loud at times. Mpare: I will send you a pm/email with some names & contact numbers & emails so you'll be able to get into these tournaments too.

Well, back to my Marguerita, miss y'all, but will be back too soon.

Pitching Wedge Dave B is on a distinguished road Dave B's Avatar
    I have gone In april/may for the last 7 years, not this year as first child makes dads golf trips on hold

look at WEKOPA and Eagle Mountain... great courses you can buy a WEKOPASS for like 79 bucks and then you pay like 45 a round including cart instead of $110 and they have 2 amazing 18 hole layouts, you also get discount at Eagke Mountain another great course

Also try gold Canyon Sidewinder and Dinosaur that time of year as great deals on GOLF NOW for those courses as well

I played the TPC as well but after I did I wished I hadnt its not worth the coin IMO

We also rent a house while we are there which is way better then a hotel, for the same cost you get 2500SF and a luxury style backyard.... look at cyberrentals.com for them

enjoy !!!

We're now in Phoenix. What a beautiful area. I cannot recall seeing the sky so blue and so free of clouds. The only cloud is in my head - way too much wine! Ah, but a celebration last night was in order.

This morning my brother and I have a 6:48 tee time at Arnie's Legends at Arrowhead for a total price of $92 thanks to Golfnow.com. I'll let you know how we make out. The heat will be welcomed - 95 degrees. Would that I could export some of this weather to Ontario.

Thread Information