CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gray Rocks Golf

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road

Gray Rocks Golf

I heard from someone that Gray Rocks has closed both its golf courses in Tremblant. Is this true? Thanks,

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    The ski hill is closing at the end of March, but I'd heard the golf would stay open.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    My understanding is that Gray Rocks is closing its ski hill for good at the end of March. The plan is also to eventually demolish the hotel. The golf courses are apparently the only profitable portion of the facility and those are to remain open.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I heard the same thing from reliable sources. GR will try everything to keep their 2 courses open as its the best source of revenue for the complex. The ski is closing at the end of the season for good.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Historic Gray Rocks Ski Area, Hotel Will Close At Season's End

Jan 6, 2009 Roger Leo, Associate Editor Comments (0)

Gray Rocks General Manager Robert Lassince has announced that the historic, 102-year-old Quebec resort will close the hotel and end ski operations after this season.

"Following the financial loss of many millions over the past four years, Gray Rocks has decided to restructure its operations and to concentrate on its two golf courses: La Belle and La Bete, in order to improve its financial position."

"In order to accomplish this, the hotel operations and mountain operations will be suspended at the end of the winter season on March 29, 2009.

"La Belle and La Bete are two prestigious courses in great demand and a complete restructuring of the company will permit the better management of operations of these two superb properties," Lassince said.

He said all existing agreements and contracts will be honored to the extent possible.

"It's a very sad occasion, but it is a losing proposition," majority owner Phillip Robinson said in an interview with Mike King of The Gazette.

Robinson said the hotel will likely be demolished.

"We've been trying for 10 years to sell the building and also trying to raise funds to tear it down and develop the land," Robinson said.

"The housing/land market has completely dried up up here, it's comatose."

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    The plan is also to eventually demolish the hotel.
    Too bad, there's some great history that is going to disappear, but history doesn't pay the bills. Apparently they think slapping up condos will pay the bills.

What a shame, Gray Rocks was the perfect spot to learn to ski. Maybe they should ask for some bailout money.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Yes it is a shame. I am going up in mid March to stay at the hotel for the weekend in get in a few last runs on one of the most historic ski hills in eastern Canada.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thread Information