100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Training Aid - dlb + mberube

Parts for home made version of the “sequence tube.”

-1/2” copper pipe 38” or 30” long
    -adapter/connector from plumbing section of Canadian Tire.
    #63-1504-6, #63-1503-8
    -12” piece of 1/2” wooden dowel
    -brass weight - I use 10 gram hosel weight
    -grip
    -loonie

Slide the large end of the small connector over the end of the copper pipe
    Slide the small end of the large connector over the first connector. You may have to file slightly, the ribs of the small connector. When they fit snugly, remove and epoxy into place. 5 minute epoxy will do.

Epoxy the loonie to the large end of the large connector. Hold in place with duct tape. When cured, add a few more layers of duct tape to the end and then wrap duct tape around the connectors and the pipe.

Put the brass weight in the tube.

Wrap about 10 layers of 1” masking tape around one end of the wooden dowel. This will prevent the dowel from sliding into the pipe when the grip is installed.

Install the grip.

I made two pipes. The long one for outside and the short one for in the house. To add weight to the small one I wrapped some old lead solder I had from my stain glass days, around the end and then put duct tape around the solder. This gives the pipe a little more “feel.”

The sequence tube (see pic) I bought from Evershed works OK, BUT, the wooden dowels fly all over the place, and I found it too light.

I am sure that anyone interested in making one will find other items to use on the head end, but this worked for me.

Any questions?
    Attached Images

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    thanks for the instructions. Plse explain what the sequence tube is trying to teach the golfer - are swings done in normal time ?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    FrFF://whttp://www.evershedgolf.com/proshop/detail/4ww.evershedgolf.com/proshop/detail/4equence Tube

A unique, simple device that instantly lets you hear, see and feel if the vertical drop has been accomplished. The result of a correctly executed vertical drop is increased distance and less pulled shots.
    http://www.evershedgolf.com/proshop/detail/4
    Got the description from their website. This device looks a heck of a lot like a device that Rick Boisvert had in his golf school.Total cost less than $10. a 36 inch copper tube, a piece of pipe to fit over the copper and a couple washers.
    Sorry about the pics as they were taken by my little boy but you get the idea. When you swing the club back you have to wait until the pipe hits near the grip before you swing forward.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    thanks for the instructions. Plse explain what the sequence tube is trying to teach the golfer - are swings done in normal time ?
    Yes, the swings may be made in normal time, BUT... If the intent is to learn to delay the extension of the leverage angles of the wrists and right elbow, then, IMO, you must first be able to perform the correct moves from one position to the next, and hold each for a few seconds. Then, perform the swing correctly in slow motion, before increasing the pace of the swing. To ensure the correct positions, do this in front of a full length mirror, if possible. That is why I made a shorter one for use indoors.

Similar to the Bertholy exercises, the goal is to retrain the mind, and that is best accomplished and in the shortest time, using the static position routine. While there is obviously overall distance and accuracy gains by maintaining the leverage angles longer, from my experience the greatest benefit comes when hitting wedge shots, which tend to be pulled, if anything, when missed. The control one can gain is most satisfying and confidence building.

While the device can possibly be used in other ways, I will post a few pics later of how I use it to accomplish what I want.

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    looking fwd to it - thanks again !!

BigFlopper
    Thanks for posting this. Please correct me if I have it wrong. I'm thinking the weight is moving freely inside the tube between the end plug/loonie and the end of the wooden dowel. When you swing (i.e. release the club) properly, the weight hits the loonie end after passing where the ball should be. Is that essentially what's going on or I'm I missing something.

That's one of the things David Ledbetter's "Swing Setter" is supposed to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFlopper View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Please correct me if I have it wrong. I'm thinking the weight is moving freely inside the tube between the end plug/loonie and the end of the wooden dowel. When you swing (i.e. release the club) properly, the weight hits the loonie end after passing where the ball should be. Is that essentially what's going on or I'm I missing something.

That's one of the things David Ledbetter's "Swing Setter" is supposed to teach.
    You are correct in what you say.

With Mark Evershed's original "Sequence Tube" the idea is to have the wooden dowels fly out of the tube at or ahead of the ball, indicating a late release. With this "Loonie Bin" I assembled, hopefully the crack of the weight hitting the loonie will be equally as late. I have never used the swing setter but recalling the infomercial, the idea is the same - without the high cost.

BigFlopper
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    You are correct in what you say.

With Mark Evershed's original "Sequence Tube" the idea is to have the wooden dowels fly out of the tube at or ahead of the ball, indicating a late release. With this "Loonie Bin" I assembled, hopefully the crack of the weight hitting the loonie will be equally as late. I have never used the swing setter but recalling the infomercial, the idea is the same - without the high cost.
    Thanks, I think I will build one of these things.

Putter Leozilla is on a distinguished road

Looney stick

I know it works since I have one, courtesy of BC Mist. How about you call it the looney stick? and the big question is how do I get the looney out?

Thread Information