100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    who is this team and what have they done with my Senators?
    I vaguely remember a team like this in Ottawa about 2 years ago...

I still cannot get over the fact that they would not play for Hartsburg. Did they really dislike his system that much? Its the comments from everyone - they are almost throwing Hartsburg under the bus. If the Sens keep winning this will put a serious dent in Hartsburg's coaching career...
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    It shouldn't. Hartsburg was known as a defensive coach, came in and taught a defensive system. Unfortunately, this was doomed to failure given the personnel. The Sens are built for offense. The person who really is to blame is Murray, who brought in a guy so unfit for the position. Murray is trigger happy when it comes to coaches. He'd rather throw them to the wolves than lose his own job. Had no idea what to do with the team last year, so he fired paddock, who had a winning record, and went on to a dismal record behind the bench. Then he brings in Hartsburg who, really, was never going to be a good fit in Ottawa. So, when that didn't work out, and questions again are being asked about Murray, out goes another coach. Then Murray essentially makes the very safe choice for the next coach. Doesn't go out and pay big money for a top guy, because if that fails, its his ass. Instead, he lets a good young coach have a chance, because if that goes well he looks like a genius, and if it goes poorly, he can chalk it up to wanting to give an up and comer experience in the NHL in a season that was already lost. Murray just can't own up to his own failures as a GM, and Melnyk is oblivious.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I really like the new system but it is only a matter of time before teams adjust but the effort level is there for sure. Spezza looked a little lost last night compared to his teamates at times. He is still the poke check King and weak on the puck granted it may take him a little time and some persuasion but he will step into someone sometime like Heatley did last night, that was sweet.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information