CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    Lob Wedge Prot is on a distinguished road Prot's Avatar

Great Price on Taylormade 2009 Tour Preferred irons + grips

I have a full set of Taylormade 2009 Tour Preferred irons for sale. 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300.

I haven't even adjusted them yet, so lie and loft are factory. I even upgraded the grips to black and white Golf Pride. They have only been hit indoors. I have examined the grooves and I'd say these are 9/10... like new really, without the new price.

I bought these locally, brand new, they are not fakes.

Obviously people are going to want to know why I'm selling clubs I just bought so the truth is I am currently playing 1985 Hogan PC blades, and I decided I do not want to move to a cavity.

As a bonus, I am including 2, bought on the same day, Taylormade TP Z groove wedges, unadjusted as well, with new grips: 54* and 58* lofts.

I paid about 1200 bucks + tax for all these clubs, PLUS the cost of the grips and re-gripping. I am asking 680.00 FIRM shipped (within Canada) Canadian dollars for these clubs. (shipped within Canada only). Paypal only.

I have had a transaction here on Ottawa Golf, but my Ebay user ID is ColinF. and I have 100% positive feedback.

Sorry but the price is VERY firm. As far as I see it, I am nearly losing half of my money on these, but if you are a big TM fan and want the 2009 tour preferred's, I think this is a very good deal.

Please feel free to ask questions.
    Last edited by Prot; 02-12-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: The price is firm.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Only if I was RH....

I wish I was left handed... the deals are amazing!!

Anyway, I figure I'll give this until Sunday, then it's going to Ebay. I'll see if I can find some time to do up some pics tonight.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Great deal here, as I had the 52,56,60 TM Z Smoked Wedges, and they were $129.00 a piece + taxes each at Golftown.

Finally here's the pics. As you can see the grooves are... groovy. The soles are excellent. And you can see the new grips.

And yea, I'm also throwing in the TP smoked 54, and 58 wedges, with matching grips.

These have been hit, but only indoors a few times.... Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images

Hybrid keble is on a distinguished road
    good price. Do you still have the receipt to show that u bought them locally?

hi Keble, I do not have the paper receipt anymore. They were purchased at Golftown in Winnipeg Manitoba off the rack.

...I just checked the clubs. There is a little serial number on the hosle of the #7 iron.

I guess since I know where I bought them from, I can guarantee the authenticity of these clubs... as far as I know Golftown does not sell fakes. These are the real deal.

Like I said, I am playing forged blades right now. These are very forgiving player's irons at a fraction of retail.

++edit++

Sorry I have to add this note: I'd like to stress the price is -firm-. I just got an offer, so as a polite reminder, the price is firm. I say this because I did buy them locally, including the two wedges, and the grips, so this price is something like less that half of the total.

I believe if I can't get this price, I will put them on ebay, and with a weak Canadian dollar, I should do even better. If not, I would rather keep them.

Sorry, but I hope you understand that I just don't see a need to take even more off the price. Thanks for understanding.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I don't mean to butt in here, but if you bought them at GT then they track it with your leaderboard membership.

I'm sure if you went to GT and asked for another receipt for insurance purposes they would help you out...

Just a suggestion.

Yea, I am a leaderboard member... and I bet I could have it printed up, and I imagine someone might think I photoshopped it or something...

I just said, I guarantee authenticity. I bought them locally... did I price these too low or something???

Again, there's a serial number. I will even try to ship them in the very same Taylormade box (authentic as well!!) that I drove them home in. If the two extra wedges fit in the box, I will ship them all in the Taylormade box.... and I guess after that if there is still any doubt, take the 7 iron to a local Golftown, and ask them to search the serial number. You will see that they are real. I have no fear of this.

Also, I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay and have sold other sets there (no fakes). I actually thought this would be a bit easier, because the deal stays in Canada, and I don't have to worry about shipping to Timbucktoo.

So like I said, I will keep this here for someone to take advantage of until I get an offer (of the stipulated price) until probably.. Sunday... and then it'll go to Ebay.

Thanks for looking... any other questions?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    they play golf in Timbucktoo?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Solid deal for sure. Nice lookin sticks.

Hey guys,

I have thought this over and I will be keeping the irons. This may disappoint some of you, but I will say if anyone had offered me at least what I was asking, without any stipulations, I would have sold them.

Up until now, I have received PM's requesting a discount, or a sale dependent on conditions. Like I said, if anyone had actually offered to purchase them as I have posted them, I would have sold them, but no one did.

I stepped back after reading these posts and did the math. I think I am really screwing myself too much here. I think including the grips, wedges, installation of grips, I paid nearly 1500 bucks with taxes. Maybe that's why a few of you were suspicious... well fear no more, because it turns out I am not crooked, possibly just a tad simple.

Sorry, I originally put these up because I felt I was going to stick out my blades, but I don't see a reason to gouge myself. Once again, none of the messages in my inbox offer me the price unconditionally or I would have sold them, so I think no harm done to anyone. If someone would have offered, I would have stuck by my word. Sorry to inconvenience anyone.... This was a bad idea motivated by the fact I have 4 sets of irons.

Hybrid keble is on a distinguished road
    I didn't say that. I said THE PRICE IS GOOD, AND THE CONDITION IS GOOD TOO. What all I want is a little proof to show the authenticity..

You're right Keble, you did not ask for a discount, but you weren't the only one to make an offer. But you did make the sale 'conditional' right? Conditional on the idea I run over to Golftown, ask if they can print me a new receipt, take a picture of it, send it to you. That to me is a 'conditional sale'. Am I wrong?

I don't want to butt in either, but couldn't keble just call TM with the serial number from the 7 iron to verify the authenticity of the irons? Wouldn't that suffice? Anyways, I will stay out of it.

They are sweet looking irons though, and like I said, if I was RH....

Thread Information