+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar

You heard it here first

I will not be purchasing, trading or or otherwise acquiring in any way, a single golf club this year, new or used.
    If Golftown stock drops... so be it
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I will not be purchasing, trading or or otherwise acquiring in any way, a single golf club this year, new or used.
    If Golftown stock drops... so be it
    ..........So in legalise you can still buy lots of clubs just so you don't buy them one at a time

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Does that mean you're going to play the same 14 clubs all season, or does that mean that the cache of golf clubs in Reidsville is so immense and comprehensive that they've become a self sustaining entity? Golf clubs that go forth and multiply, with little baby Apexes and Acer XDS Pros and magic 5 woods emerging from various golf bags and racks hidden in corners of the house?

Change that to 'any' LOL!
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Reid, you better move out of Ottawa to maybe Hawkesbury or Alfred... where there is no Golf store...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hybrid Bravesox is on a distinguished road Bravesox's Avatar
    did your wife make you type that?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Finally,someone is stepping up to the plate.We are all rooting for you Reid.God bless you and help you in your quest.I wish I had the guts to quit!!!!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I wonder if Geoff is going to join Reid in his pilgrimage...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    sounds like a 12 step program. what step are you in?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Does that mean you're going to play the same 14 clubs all season, or does that mean that the cache of golf clubs in Reidsville is so immense and comprehensive that they've become a self sustaining entity? Golf clubs that go forth and multiply, with little baby Apexes and Acer XDS Pros and magic 5 woods emerging from various golf bags and racks hidden in corners of the house?

We have a winner!
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Reid, you better move out of Ottawa to maybe Hawkesbury or Alfred... where there is no Golf store...
    Yeah Reid move to Hawksbury...

Sorry ... Reid lives 10 mins for Hawksbury.. In fact he is the golf store in Hawksbury.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Well... there might be one or two extra clubs lying around the house
    I do have 3 Magic 5 woods for example but can only use one at a time
    But yeah, it doesn't mean the bag is set, just that anything that goes into it must come from existing inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Finally,someone is stepping up to the plate.We are all rooting for you Reid.God bless you and help you in your quest.I wish I had the guts to quit!!!!
    I actually quit last year after going thru 20+ iron sets a season for the past 10 years....
    It was a good effort, but I still went thru a half-dozen drivers and iron sets... and about 20 putters LOL!
    This year though, there will be no wavering
    It's very hard to quit acquiring golf clubs because they are so darn shiney! Isn't that right Saint?

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Coming from a guy who loves golf clubs I know this is not easy for you. I understand your reasoning as I have pondered this as well. I know I have tons of equipment and believe me it would be hard just to have one set. I can't imagine that. I won't say how much gear I have but it's alot and not buying or keeping my stuff moving would leave a big void in the BST here.. Good luck Reid... I'll PM with my inventory
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Coming from a guy who loves golf clubs I know this is not easy for you. I understand your reasoning as I have pondered this as well. I know I have tons of equipment and believe me it would be hard just to have one set. I can't imagine that. I won't say how much gear I have but it's alot and not buying or keeping my stuff moving would leave a big void in the BST here.. Good luck Reid... I'll PM with my inventory
    Does the PM system here allow for multiple MB messages??

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    yes, I think so. . .

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Reid, we are in February, it's not April 1st yet!...

Are you kidding Big Guy? This is the time of season when the best 'hoing is done LOL!
    The boredom of not playing golf usually sets in at this time of year. Clubs which seemed so fabulous late last season now are up for sale without ever hitting a bad shot over the winter. This is the time of the year when doubt about your current set up creeps in. Look at your sale for instance

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    Best of luck in your quest my friend!!!
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

I would really appreciate it if other OG members would please get off your butts and snap up the great iron deals in the Classified right now
    Man, Geoff giving away firesole tours, Apex 50ths going cheap, and my old Golfsmith blades still in great shape and basically being given away...
    Looks like I picked a bad week to quit 'hoing

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Oh and you havent seen the pics of the Hogan FTx irons that i got for sale.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I would really appreciate it if other OG members would please get off your butts and snap up the great iron deals in the Classified right now
    Man, Geoff giving away firesole tours, Apex 50ths going cheap, and my old Golfsmith blades still in great shape and basically being given away...
    Looks like I picked a bad week to quit 'hoing
    I've got a proposition for you. Because I'm incredibly generous, I'll offer to buy the Golfsmith blades so they can no longer tempt you. I will, however, require a loan, as I am entirely broke. Let me know if that works for you.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I am pretty set in my irons, driver(s), wedges, putter. I may tweak a bit in the hybrid/3w dept but none of that first 4 are going anywhere anytime soon. You heard it here also ;-).

I am also set for golf shoes, golf shirts, golf balls, rangefinder, rainsuit, tees and just about every other item I can possibly need. it is acutally a frustrating position to be in. I am looking for a new bag but I am pretty specific about that.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    So is there going to be a pool going for when the first club is acquired???
    LOL....
    hehe
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Oh and you havent seen the pics of the Hogan FTx irons that i got for sale.
    Thanks... Thank You Very MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I've got a proposition for you. Because I'm incredibly generous, I'll offer to buy the Golfsmith blades so they can no longer tempt you. I will, however, require a loan, as I am entirely broke. Let me know if that works for you.
    Seeing as how I know you personally, have a pretty good idea of where you live, and even took a pic of you at one of our get togethers that I could distribute to my associates and post online if necessary, I would be happy to help you out brother
    I also offer very reasonable interest rates. Rocco, Vito and myself would be happy to meet with you anytime to discuss terms and conditions

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Something tells me the terms will be pay back within 15 minutes or you take the clubs as payment
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Something tells me the terms will be pay back within 15 minutes or you take the clubs as payment
    That sounds like a loophole in the resolution. He wouldn't be buying new clubs, just calling in a loan.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    That sounds like a loophole in the resolution. He wouldn't be buying new clubs, just calling in a loan.
    Exactly...... (somehow I think that is what Jon was offering)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

5 Wood nolrac2 is on a distinguished road
    pssssst...over here near the van ........want a taste of this 2010 cally prototype driver....you will be the very first...try it for free they are primo primo...... I can get you anything you want ...here's my pager no.call anytime day or night for discreet delivery .
    tap in

Thread Information