CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    Just Paintfill...
    Attached Images
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    Final Product...Now does anyone have a Mills headcover they are willing to part with?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by wboudrea; 07-06-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typo
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I am still looking for a larger bottle of blue, I only had a small bottle and could not submerge the wedges even though I got pretty good results with the sponge.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Lob Wedge iroc is on a distinguished road

I will start to refinish and remill putters/wedges

I will have pics up by tomorrow night and show you guys my work.

Matt

No more blueing its crap and dont last and doesnt look good. no matter how good of a job you do.

my work

here are a few things that i have done also did a studio stainless with snow just search posts. also the SD1 before pictures are at the start of this thread. these wedges i just did. bought them brand new and put my finish on. also took chrome off my nike pro combos and what a difference in feel there was a gram of chrome on each head and now they are like butter.
    Attached Images

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Where'd you get the ferrules?

cellparts.com

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

took chrome off??

Quote Originally Posted by iroc View Post
    here are a few things that i have done also did a studio stainless with snow just search posts. also the SD1 before pictures are at the start of this thread. these wedges i just did. bought them brand new and put my finish on. also took chrome off my nike pro combos and what a difference in feel there was a gram of chrome on each head and now they are like butter.

How did you take off chrome?
    Did you do it yourself?
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Im a fixture here mathc38 is on a distinguished road mathc38's Avatar
    When the gun blue is applied, does it cover the paintfill and require a re-do on all the paintfill?
    BTW, what gun blue was used from CT?

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mathc38 View Post
    When the gun blue is applied, does it cover the paintfill and require a re-do on all the paintfill?
    BTW, what gun blue was used from CT?
    Nope, the blueing will not cover the paintfill.

Outers blueing kit from CT.

Use silicone spray afterwards...i didn't and it started to rust again while sitting in my basement.

Im a fixture here mathc38 is on a distinguished road mathc38's Avatar
    thanks for the reply...what silicone spray is best? will baby oil do? and how often should I apply the silicone?

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I think i got the 3 and 1 Silicone spay at CT. I heard that baby oil will work for rust prevention but its sticky so it may collect dirt on the head when in use.

Duration of application will depend on usage of the club...

Blakeping
    I know this forum is old but I will take a shot.... Has anyone used these products to touch up the black irons that are out these days (specifically Adams CB2 Irons) After a season of use (and occasional practice from mats) some of the black finish is missing. I was wondering if I could just clean and Qtip some solution on the "bare" spots. and if anyone has tried this one.. did it work? two... How did the colors match up? Thanks for any help.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakeping View Post
    I know this forum is old but I will take a shot.... Has anyone used these products to touch up the black irons that are out these days (specifically Adams CB2 Irons) After a season of use (and occasional practice from mats) some of the black finish is missing. I was wondering if I could just clean and Qtip some solution on the "bare" spots. and if anyone has tried this one.. did it work? two... How did the colors match up? Thanks for any help.
    Your best bet is to probably email Adams (or is it TaylorMade now??) and ask them what type of finish is actually on the clubs and if they have any methods to restore the look.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Blakeping
    Yeah, Unfortunately I have called and i got the pad answer that all black clubs will lose its color over time. No they don't refinish or recommend a way to do it other then send you to a professional company that does refinishing.

They did state it was a Zinc/Nickel finish!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Try looking at this site, my old PING putter is there now getting a complete makeover. I am sure he does irons as well.

www.putterplating.com/
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Blakeping
    YIKES!! at those prices per club... I could just buy a brand new set. Was really hoping to find a CHEAP diy solution. but thank you for the link, It is just my pockets are pretty empty right now, if you know what I mean.

Do not assume he will charge per club, send him an email, he is pretty good
    Lefty Lucas

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar
    Pretty sure Adams irons are a black PVD finish over a nickel plating. It wears because it is a thin film coating. Black Oxide treatments dont work on these heads due to the nickel plating. It's really no diffrent than the black finish on the soles of some drivers like the TM R9's and Ping i15 etc.

Nothing you can do about it unless you are prepared top pay for a refinish job.

...and yeah, Kevin Colbert does nice work and seems to be an all round good guy too.

Thread Information