100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bailey

Those damn things...

What Bugs me???
    1. When people cough up mucus balls on the course. They hork them up on the greens and tee off boxes.. its so gross
    2. Men who don't warn you that they are about to take a piss on the bushes and so you are talking to them and THEN realise what is going on.... Trashy!!!
    3. People who drag their feet as they walk on the green!
    4. like someone else said... People who give you lessons while you play...especially when they play worse then you! :reallymad
    5. And this REALLY BUGS ME....... later on in the bar, when the people you played with or even those in another group want to tell you about their EVERY SHOT on EVERY HOLE!!! Borrrring!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like watching paint dry. Especially when its the people who were in your group... hello!!! i was there i saw you!!!!!
    That is enough to ruin a friendship! ahhahahahahh

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by yun
    100 yrd stinker CONSISTENTLY off the tee? if they can't hit the ball well off the tee, what makes them think you can hit it better off the ground? If he hit's it decent off the tee and is having a bad day... fine - wait. But not consistently sucks... I've never seen anyone with a crappy swing that can't make good contact with a tee'd ball hit a ball further off the ground. I think the people scrounging around in the woods for balls from other fairways are at far higher risk. Play to your ability, not to the one shot that you hit down wind from a higher elevation off a cart path - unless you are downwind from a higher elevation with cart paths all around. Usually this isn't the case
    Ya, sorry, misread it...i thought you meant off the tee originally...

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey
    5. And this REALLY BUGS ME....... later on in the bar, when the people you played with or even those in another group want to tell you about their EVERY SHOT on EVERY HOLE!!! Borrrring!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like watching paint dry. Especially when its the people who were in your group... hello!!! i was there i saw you!!!!!
    Note to self: don't golf with Bailey...she's mean. And don't "hork" or "piss" around her either.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    What Bugs me???
    1. When people cough up mucus balls on the course. They hork them up on the greens and tee off boxes.. its so gross
    2. Men who don't warn you that they are about to take a piss on the bushes and so you are talking to them and THEN realise what is going on.... Trashy!!!
    3. People who drag their feet as they walk on the green!
    4. like someone else said... People who give you lessons while you play...especially when they play worse then you! :reallymad
    And you still like him???
    You still da man Shtick
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    I would suggest that this is even worse when it's a woman. Especially if she "outdrives" the men in the group......

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    You still da man Shtick
    I'm not going to say what bothers me on the course.... I'm keeping my mouth shut.

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    I played at the Nation last year and they stuck us with this guy....let's just call him....say....freak show, untalented, annoying, needs a beathing, no mannered "Bob". So anyway, the beer goddess drove past us and FSUANAB Bob buys his stupid self a bag of stupid chips and parks his dumb self behind me. He then proceeds to make as much noise as is humanly possible with his stupid chip bag in my back swing......perhaps the offer of a fitting for a nine iron turtleneck was a bit harsh.......but after listening to FSUANAB Bob for the last 15 holes explaining his horrible play on quantum physics and his moons being out of alignment.....I couldn't take it anymore. Big suprise....the next time I was at Nation, up comes FSUANAB Bob , like we are long lost relatives that owe him money........."can I join you guys again"..........Can I get the current ruling on euthenasia please.

Thank you all for letting me get that out........feeling better now!

Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    I played at the Nation last year and they stuck us with this guy....let's just call him....say....freak show, untalented, annoying, needs a beathing, no mannered "Bob". So anyway, the beer goddess drove past us and FSUANAB Bob buys his stupid self a bag of stupid chips and parks his dumb self behind me. He then proceeds to make as much noise as is humanly possible with his stupid chip bag in my back swing......perhaps the offer of a fitting for a nine iron turtleneck was a bit harsh.......but after listening to FSUANAB Bob for the last 15 holes explaining his horrible play on quantum physics and his moons being out of alignment.....I couldn't take it anymore. Big suprise....the next time I was at Nation, up comes FSUANAB Bob , like we are long lost relatives that owe him money........."can I join you guys again"..........Can I get the current ruling on euthenasia please.

Thank you all for letting me get that out........feeling better now!
    Umm.... Sorry about that.

FSUANAB Bob

PS Heading out to Nation any time soon?

Bastich I thought that was you!!

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Umm.... Sorry about that.

FSUANAB Bob

PS Heading out to Nation any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    Bastich I thought that was you!!
    I'd be willing to bet that a few people likely thought of me when reading your re-telling of the story. Surprisingly, I'm extremely etiquette-conscious.

Cheers, and hope you don't run into Bob again...

Dan

He should be easily recognizable...........he is wearing one of my golf shoes in his butt.........and he tends to flinch alot now

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I'd be willing to bet that a few people likely thought of me when reading your re-telling of the story. Surprisingly, I'm extremely etiquette-conscious.

Cheers, and hope you don't run into Bob again...

Dan

Bailey
    You still da man Shtick
    oh forgive me!!! i forgot to say that its okay if Mike horks , pees, drags his shoes and talks a lot!!!! But he is the only one who is allowed... except the horking part!!! ewww
    But good burn steve! not bad at all... but u might wanna try your hand at a little poetry!!!! lmao!!!

Bailey
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    Note to self: don't golf with Bailey...she's mean. And don't "hork" or "piss" around her either.
    OH come on now Deep woods!!! Anyone can play with me so long as they bring their Klneex, wear a diaper, walk properly, and shut their mouth after the game instead of boring me with a re-cap on their sucky or glorious game!!! zzzzzzz...zzzzzz

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Whoa, hot topic indeed. I read many things here that also tick me off. Notably:

1. The group in front "lollygagging" around the green after they've holed out.

2. A slow group who are clearly behind and refuse to let someone, especially a single, play through.:dissappro

3. After my group holes out, the group behind hitting their approaches before we've cleared the green area. I've nearly been hit a few times while (or just after) picking up my bag and starting to walk to the next tee.:mad

4. Being slowed down by another player who NEVER hits enough club into the green and is therefore ALWAYS short and scrambling. "Hey bud, just cause you once hit a 7 iron 170 yards does not mean you can do it all the time."

5. But to me, nothing is worse than when someone is hitting up your backside when you're playing at a decent pace and especially when your group is waiting for the group ahead. HELLO! I CAN'T GO ANY FASTER SO STOP TRYING TO PUSH ME!!!:po

OH come on now Deep woods!!! Anyone can play with me so long as they bring their Klneex, wear a diaper, walk properly, and shut their mouth after the game instead of boring me with a re-cap on their sucky or glorious game!!! zzzzzzz...zzzzzz
    Well, 1 out of 4 isn't bad.

signed,
    Diaper boy (cause you just never know).

I couldn't agree with you on #5 more.....not only is it rude....but quite dangerous, I have had one in our foursome drive it back at the offender. Just as stupid......yes, but I can understand the thought process!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    Whoa, hot topic indeed. I read many things here that also tick me off. Notably:

1. The group in front "lollygagging" around the green after they've holed out.

2. A slow group who are clearly behind and refuse to let someone, especially a single, play through.:dissappro

3. After my group holes out, the group behind hitting their approaches before we've cleared the green area. I've nearly been hit a few times while (or just after) picking up my bag and starting to walk to the next tee.:mad

4. Being slowed down by another player who NEVER hits enough club into the green and is therefore ALWAYS short and scrambling. "Hey bud, just cause you once hit a 7 iron 170 yards does not mean you can do it all the time."

5. But to me, nothing is worse than when someone is hitting up your backside when you're playing at a decent pace and especially when your group is waiting for the group ahead. HELLO! I CAN'T GO ANY FASTER SO STOP TRYING TO PUSH ME!!!:po

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    :reallymad wow...have seen all the stuff listed above and more working as a marshall
    but when im playing there a re a couple of things
    1..repeated practice swings which are followed by some kind of crappy shot..
    2..slow play...guys lining up puts as if they are playing for a green jacket..then missing the one footer they spent 20 minutes lining up.
    3..people looking for lost golf balls, even when thiers is in the fairway..remember its a
    pinicale gold...not a gold pinicale..
    but im trying to ignore this and just enjoy the weather and beer cart(girl)

Andru
    Yo folks are WAY too uptight. I do think the hitting into the back of someone is very dangerous. And should not be tolerated.

Hitting back isn't the answer. If the ball rolls up to my feet no big deal. If it flys over my head. Then I usually kick the ball into the bushes or a water hazard.

This accomplishes two things.

1) Causes the goof ball grief because he swears he laced down the middle. Should he decide to confront you. Say. Well When it bashed my shin I got pissed and threw it in the bushes/water. Got a problem?

2) They may not figure it out and they'll spend a few minutes looking for it. This gives you some breathing room for a few holes. And it's a good laugh with your foursome.

3) Thre's no chance of you causing any physical damage to anyone. and your conscience is clear.

Calm solutions for a calm game.

Cheers

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    If it flys over my head. Then I usually kick the ball into the bushes or a water hazard.
    This is great advice Andru, being 6'5'' hopefully if any go over my head this year I'll be able to use this technique.

Hitting back isn't the answer.
    As a younger golfer I thought that would be the answer but I got older and wiser ( )...................not!
    If the ball rolls up to my feet no big deal.
    Usually if they appoligise, I will turn to them and just say nice drive. If it happens more than once though............
    kick the ball into the bushes or a water hazard.
    Good way to enjoy the day too.

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    being 6 foot 5, i might think about ducking more than kicking it into the bushes..

Usually if they appoligise, I will turn to them and just say nice drive. If it happens more than once though............
    Well thats the thing isn't it. We've all seen or done accidental shots that go farther than intended (which is why I'd rather the guy on the tee wait til I'm 280 out in case he gets his 1/100 shot). But when its a repeat offender, who clearly is a jerk, then what? I don't buy that kicking his ball in the water works.

Its reckless, careless not to mention possibly fatal to shoot a golf ball at people purposely.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    As a younger golfer I thought that would be the answer but I got older and wiser ( )...................not!
    Wiser because you looked kinda silly when the ball you hit back only goes 2/3 of the way! hahahahaha
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Wiser because you looked kinda silly when the ball you hit back only goes 2/3 of the way! hahahahaha
    Is there something you're trying to say???

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    But when its a repeat offender, who clearly is a jerk, then what? I don't buy that kicking his ball in the water works.

Its reckless, careless not to mention possibly fatal to shoot a golf ball at people purposely.
    Yes it does. You can guess or you can take it from someone who's done it. It works. The first time I ever thought about doing it. A guy yelled fore. Not the group behind us. One of the guys in my group saw the ball coming. I looked back saw it coming right for my head. I moved the ball flew past me.

I walked over looked at the ball, looked back at the tee. They weren't looking and it ended up in the bushes.

It was really sweet. By the time they were hitting their approach shots we were in the next fairway. Never happened again. Like I said. If they confront you. Look him in the eye and tell him it bashed your shin and ended up in the water. 30 yards away. Bad bounce Sorry!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Is there something you're trying to say???
    I'm not trying to say anything
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    kicking the ball into bushes is not a bad thing to do, not even hitting it back to them, but the best thing is teeing it up where it dropped, Them make your mind to leave it there on the tee, so when he gets there, he knows, or pull out the driver and hit it as hard as you can towards the sunomebetches. every action you take is just.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Steve Karam]As a younger golfer I thought that would be the answer but I got older and wiser ( )...................not!

Or more of a chicken.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Putter jlui is on a distinguished road
    I welcome all these distractions while I play so I learn to tune them out and quiet my mind. This will make you a better player in high pressure situations. Like harvey Penick said, "play with what brought ya.." or something like that. If you start to become more of a marshall than a player, then you will do terrible because you will worry more than thinking about your next shot.

Besides, people play to enjoy themselves. If everything bothers you, maybe you should play on more exclusive courses rather than public ones. You have to remember, that not everyone plays and thinks like you and may not be in your level. Look at Trevino, he talks all the time while he plays.

Don't forget that we all started somewhere sometime when we sucked more than we suck now.

Do you sell flowers at the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by jlui
    I welcome all these distractions while I play so I learn to tune them out and quiet my mind. This will make you a better player in high pressure situations. Like harvey Penick said, "play with what brought ya.." or something like that. If you start to become more of a marshall than a player, then you will do terrible because you will worry more than thinking about your next shot.

Besides, people play to enjoy themselves. If everything bothers you, maybe you should play on more exclusive courses rather than public ones. You have to remember, that not everyone plays and thinks like you and may not be in your level. Look at Trevino, he talks all the time while he plays.

Don't forget that we all started somewhere sometime when we sucked more than we suck now.

Thread Information