CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    FYI those are a guideline and not standard across all government.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

7 Wood scooby103 is on a distinguished road
    rant

Ultimately the govenment is it's own worse enemy. 3/4 of the time the HR department gets a rec for a job and doesn't even know what it means, or really cares. They process it and put a bilingual imperative stamp even if it doesn't matter.

Ultimately, I think the government should be run more like a private sector business. Would scare the hell out of half the *working* staff there, but maybe that's what they need. How often have you heard someone go from private sector to the government and tell everyone how easy it is, and they are told to not work so hard... I hear it constantly. Ya, Ya, you government worker reading this right now is saying to themselves how much this post upsets them and they work real hard... and perhaps you do, but that is not the norm.

Take a look at your pay stub next time, and every year as the tax's continue to increase remember all those in the government taking long weekends all summer due to saved up sick days that no other private sector employee gets, or has the ability to carry forward.

Just saying...

/rant
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I can tell you from personal experience that public servants are not sitting around twiddling their fingers doing nothing. There may be some, but that is not an accurate representation of most of the people that I worked with in Halifax, Ottawa or Toronto. To the contrary, the people that I know are dedicated professionals. Long hours for the lawyers and oftentimes for the paralegals and others with whom I worked were not unusual.

The public service makes a convenient pinata for those who operate on myth rather than fact. There's oftentimes more political mileage in it. The fact is that there are challenges in both the private sector and the public sector. It is folly and, quite frankly unhelpful, for members of either group to assume that they are the only real workers in this country. Each group performs service of value to their employer and to their country.

Thread Information