Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your 2009 Goals

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I will admit to nothing.......publically
    Its ok, your text message was thanks enough
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Let's get back to the topic of 2009 goals here and move the smack talk to the NCGT thread please.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    My goals for 2009 are:

1) Try to have a single digit handicap.
    2) Retain my NCGT Matchplay trophy.
    3) Have fun out of the course, whichever course I am playing.
    4) Taking a little $ off mpare would be nice as well. Need to fund my trip to China.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    My goals are simple, seeing as it might be last full season of golf before me and the soon to be Mrs. start having a family:

1) Improve on my placing in our Club Championship (2007 3rd, 2008 2nd, 2009...I hope I'm creating a pattern here)

2) If I once again make the Intersectional team, to hopefully take more than 2pts. Done that the last two years, looking to improve.

3) To bring the OG/TGN Ryder Cup trophy back to Ottawa.

No "have fun" or just "enjoy every round" on my list. This year, it's serious!!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post

No "have fun" or just "enjoy every round" on my list. This year, it's serious!!!!
    Nice, can't wait to play with 'serious' G. You were definitely way too laid back the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Nice, can't wait to play with 'serious' G. You were definitely way too laid back the past few years.

Maybe I worded that wrong. Going to take my "serious" golf more seriously this year. More focus and concentration. Toughen up the mental game.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Shoot 59 at least 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Shoot 59 at least 6 times.

We're talking real golf, not TW09!!!! But I like your optimism.

9 Iron Caddyshack04 is on a distinguished road

The Old Days

Two very simple ones:
    1) Play with Sab a ton this year since I will be joining the Frew once again.
    2) Get the game back where it should be so I can whip Hoolio just like I use to back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I didn't have any personal goals, but I guess I can put down "Keep crushing Andrews dreams" as a place-holder until something that would pose an actual challenge pops into my head.
    Cheers,

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    1 - Use the term "shankopotamous" at least once per round.
    2 - Have at least one round where my game is firing on all cylinders.
    3 - Shut out my usual golfing buddy in the season series....Went undefeated last year until i lost the final 2 games...felt a little bit like the Pats must have felt last year.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack04 View Post
    2) Get the game back where it should be so I can whip Hoolio just like I use to back in the day!
    Baby steps my friend... Why don't you work on getting out the the C-Flight first. I know that the crew up there would be disappointed that you wouldn't be able to captain the Fraser Cup team.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

9 Iron Caddyshack04 is on a distinguished road
    OUCH! A little harsh but come on, how many people can make 7-8 birdies a round and still fire 86? That is talent!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Baby steps my friend... Why don't you work on getting out the the C-Flight first. I know that the crew up there would be disappointed that you wouldn't be able to captain the Fraser Cup team.
    Cheers,

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    My 2009 Goals are pretty simple

Play golf with as many members as I can at the course I work at.

Have a ton of fun while playing with those members.

Let the score fall where they may.

Oh, one small goal. Deposit less balls in the right hand creek off the 15th tee at STG&CC.

I no longer take my golf too seriously, I just like to have fun while playing. I have good rounds and bad rounds but the bad ones do not frustrate me anymore. I have a different outlook on life after the spring of 2006. I am just happy to be walking on top of the grass and not be underneath it.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I have a different outlook on life after the spring of 2006. I am just happy to be walking on top of the grass and not be underneath it.
    We're happy you are too GB.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack04 View Post
    Two very simple ones:
    1) Play with Sab a ton this year since I will be joining the Frew once again.
    Yahoo! Great decision on a great course. I think you may know a few of the members up there already
    I can now add another item to my list: Get out & play with my main man caddyshacko4 & beat him straight up!
    Andrew

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

Goals!!!

My big goal is to retire. The USPS is offering us early outs! And this one will be mine. I will be working PT at the golf course as a greensman for freebys. With time to practice I hope to get the handicap back down to its all time low 2.1 !! But my biggest goal is to never set foot in the Post Office again!!!!!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Retirement ... a very worthy goal. In the meantime, don't go postal on us.

Quote Originally Posted by dhacker1956 View Post
    My big goal is to retire. The USPS is offering us early outs! And this one will be mine. I will be working PT at the golf course as a greensman for freebys. With time to practice I hope to get the handicap back down to its all time low 2.1 !! But my biggest goal is to never set foot in the Post Office again!!!!!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dhacker1956 View Post
    I hope you get the retirement package. I sure enjoyed mine when it was handed to me on a platter.

However, I hate to burst your bubble but if you work on a greens crew you will not have much time to golf.

The greens crew at the course I work at rarely golf. By time they are done their shifts they are whipped and go home to rest. Plus by time they finish tee times are booked.

So it is tough to get free golf in when you work on the greens crew.

But no harm in trying. I guess it depends on how busy the course is you work at.

Either way, retirement is good
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    My goals are simple, seeing as it might be last full season of golf before me and the soon to be Mrs. start having a family:

1) Improve on my placing in our Club Championship (2007 3rd, 2008 2nd, 2009...I hope I'm creating a pattern here)

2) If I once again make the Intersectional team, to hopefully take more than 2pts. Done that the last two years, looking to improve.

3) To bring the OG/TGN Ryder Cup trophy back to Ottawa.

Good goals, can I steal them? Hoping to join Greensmere this year so I will def try and unseed my brotha from the club championship thrown, although I am aware there is some serious talent at the Mere, so that might be difficult to do in my first crack. Bringing back the Ryder Cup to Ottawa is my #1 goal I still regret not playing last year (although the flight from Auz for the weekend last year was a little pricy). I would also like to be on the Intersectional team, although I don't know if Greens has one and how you go about getting on one said team.

THis will be my first full summer in the Ottawa region, so lets hope all these goals can be achieved, by the sounds of the membership of Greensmere on this board, I shouldn't have trouble finding playing partners!

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    Good goals, can I steal them? Hoping to join Greensmere this year so I will def try and unseed my brotha from the club championship thrown, although I am aware there is some serious talent at the Mere, so that might be difficult to do in my first crack. Bringing back the Ryder Cup to Ottawa is my #1 goal I still regret not playing last year (although the flight from Auz for the weekend last year was a little pricy). I would also like to be on the Intersectional team, although I don't know if Greens has one and how you go about getting on one said team.

THis will be my first full summer in the Ottawa region, so lets hope all these goals can be achieved, by the sounds of the membership of Greensmere on this board, I shouldn't have trouble finding playing partners!

Dave, Greensmere definitely has an Intersectional team. It will actually be visiting my home course this year to partake in the matches. They won their flight last year and moved up to join our flight. If all goes well, hopefully we'll see each other there.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    1. Enjoy my time on the course;
    2. Enjoy my time with my golf partners;
    3. Improve my chipping;
    4. Play my second shot from the fairway; and
    5. Let the numbers fall where they may.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I would also like to be on the Intersectional team, although I don't know if Greens has one and how you go about getting on one said team.

The qualifying for this year's Interectional team takes place on June 6,7 and 13. We use the Stableford System, with no modification and you use your best 2 out of 3 rounds.

In 2008 we had perhaps the most solid team in our short history and did win our section earning 51 out of a possible 60 points. If all of our better players made the team, the 10th player would have a factor near 4.0, so the competition to make the team is quite keen.

If you do join, let me know and I will include you in our Saturday AM group where you can meet some of the guys.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Goals for the year.

1- Play with my wife 100+ times this year.
    2- Play golf with my wife 30+ times this year.
    3- Make more effective use of my Compressed Work Week job with Golf!
    4- Finally break 90- shot 90, 91, 92x3, 94x5 last year.
    5- Only use my hybrid instead of my driver unless the hole is more than 500yds.
    6- No slamming my club into my bag. -it usually only results in shaking or spilling my beer.
    7- Train my Shepherd to retrieve the balls I strike towards my 90 yrd flag out back.
    8- Perhaps new irons for June Birthday.

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    Play +40 rounds and I'm very happy with that. . . .

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    hey guys.

Well for goals this year as most of us I'm pretty much in the same boat with a few !

1. Bring my handicap down from 12.7 to a 8.* (or less if possible)
    2. Play at least 50 rounds this year up from the 30's
    3. See a pro at least 2 times this year to help work on my swing
    3. Get out to the range at least 2 times a week to work on my putting as it was lacking last season.
    4. Last but not least - HAVE FUN and play some rounds with fellow OG'ers!!!!!

Tim
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    1. Play as often as I can - without pissing off my wife ..... LOL !!
    2. Reduce index to 5.0 (now around 6.4)
    3. Just enjoy being with playing partners and not taking it too seriously (majority of us don't make a living playing golf ...... so relax a bit lads !!)

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Lowering my index one point and playing more consistently.
    Minimize my blowout scores.
    Playing the Ottawa Citizen amateur championship for the first time and making the fist cut at least (if the dates don’t overlap my family vacation)
    Enjoy golf especially during off rounds. Just be happy to be out there.
    Play all the Club Link courses from the Ottawa, MTL and Tremblant region at least once this season. Maybe play a few round on the CL TO courses.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Talking

1. Get my bag set and tweeked earlier this season
    2. Establish a good rythm and tempo to my swing.
    3. Have better accuracy off the tee
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    1. New shafts for my driver and 3 wood;
    2. Enjoy making bogies as much as I enjoy making birdies;
    3. Have fun....its a game I love and one that I pay a lot of money to play!!!
    4. If you get angry, repeat #2 and #3 again!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    My only goal this summer is to finally put a driver in the bag I can hit to gain some yards off the tee instead of hitting my 3 wood to hopefully help my scoring.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Thread Information