First of all, I want to let it be known that I have no affiliations nor any biasis whatsoever towards or against any retail golf establishment. I'll buy where and when the price, need and mood suits me. For example, last year I bought a good putter and shoes from Pro Golf Discount and the year before I bought a new set of irons from the pro-shop at the course I belong to.

Having said all that, I just wanted to share the following independent, informal pricing survey I did on Sunday and Monday:

PING Driver 380cc Titanium SI3 model is $477 at Golf Town and $499 at Chuck Brown's. However, the matching fairway woods are $329 at Golf Town and $299 at Chuck's.

Taylor Made Drivers: 400cc R540XD and the 460cc R580XD are $499 at Golf Town and $476 at Chuck's.

PING So/Lo golf balls are $29/dozen at each location.

CALLOWAY Golf Balls CU-35 Red and CU-35 Blue both priced in the mid-$20 range, are $2 cheaper/dozen at Golf Town.

PRO V1 and PRO V1x Golf Balls are $63/dozen at Golftown but "only" $56 at Chuck's.

Unfortunately, both establishments didn't have any Canada Cup's in stock.

It appears by this small sample that neither establishment holds a decided advantage at least as far as pricing is concerned.