100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge kofclubs is on a distinguished road

Costs for bringing your clubs on the plane

Does anyone know the extra cost to bring your golf clubs on a flight? I'm headed to the Dominican Sunday and I'm bringing my clubs and I was just wondering the cost before hand? I'm flying with Skyservice if that matters.

I know that you can have 44 pounds so I could just lighten up on the clothes.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I have never paid anything when bringing my clubs. Now, it's best that you phone your airline.

I phone the airline and I couldn't get anyone at customer service just flight times, they said if you have questions to call your travel agent. I called the website I booked the trip at and they told me to call the airline.

I figure between me and my girlfriend we won't exceed 88 pounds so it should be free.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Cool thanks.

Putter maak is on a distinguished road
    Just a quick note, it cost us each $50 American to bring the clubs to Myrtle last November. That's $100 per bag, for the trip..... We were flying Delta out of Minnesota, so beware, We weren't expecting that cost, but what do you do when you're at the ticket wicket & they tell you $50 dollar extra please!!! We have a few in our party thinking maybe next year, don't bring a set to Myrtle & buying a new set of clubs @ "Martins"... & saving $50 on the trip down......
    maak

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    for international flights it doesnt cost extra for the "oversized baggage"
    however you are still restricted to the normal weight and the golf bag does count as a baggage.

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I know that when I used AirCanada last month it cost me 25.00$ each way to Vegas for my clubs. I'm taking westjet next month to Florida and according to their website its free since it count as 1 piece of of luggage and you are allowed 2 pieces
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    I just used both Air Canada and Mexicana Airlines and they charged me nothing. Air Canada doesn't charge anything if you call 2 days prior to leaving and pre-register your clubs.

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    I just used both Air Canada and Mexicana Airlines and they charged me nothing. Air Canada doesn't charge anything if you call 2 days prior to leaving and pre-register your clubs.
    Wish I had known that!!!
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    you have to tell them you are taking clubs, and it will count against your baggage allowance, but no charge. Now if you do not tell them, of course they will charge you.

united however, they charge for all checked luggage, so will charge $15 for first bag, and $25 for second, regardless whether it is golf or regular.

just read their websites

8 Iron littlelefty is on a distinguished road
    when i went to vegas in august it was 15$ a bag i believe for each bag checked that was under 50lbs?
    and you were allowed 2 carryons
    so pack your clothes in your carry on and check your clubs? buy some balls there

for $15 to check a bag, why would you buy balls there? that woudl cost more than just checking a bag

What I usually do is get some dirt or little soil and wipe it to the clubs and tell the people in the airport that I played golf and I'm coming home already.

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    I just checked my bags in at Buffalo 20 minutes ago on my way to Houston. It cost me $15 on USAirways to check the BagBoy hard case that weighed 51lb (the agent was nice enough to let it go). My golf shoes were in my suitcase, otherwise it would have been $50 for overweight.

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    It wasn't a hassle for me travelling to HK (Air Canada) and to Singapore (Cathay Pacific) and return. No advance notification on my part. Just checked in my oversized luggage. My hard travel case conformed containing only golf bag with set of 14 clubs, 1 doz. golf balls and golf shoes and NOTHING ELSE as per Air Canada stipulations.

However a side excursion to Australia (Perth) cost me extra on a low cost carrier (Air Asia) for the golf gear. I would have been dinged an extra $100 fine if the customs find some dirt on my golf shoes. That happened to one of the golfers on my flight. I was forewarned by my sister to make sure my golf shoes are squeaky clean. I thinked my bro-in-law got dinged before.

So guys, thats Australian custom requlations.
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Anyone ever upgrade to club class with Air Transat? Wondering how much this costs.

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    I always travel Club when going to Europe (every summer) and find the larger seats and extra services such as priority baggage, priority boarding, all you can eat/drink etc.... It's well worth the extra $$ if you travel international or anything greater than 4 hours.... IMHO..........

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    Just checked and my upcoming flight on United, I'll have to pay $15 for the first bag, and $25 for the second, clubs counting as a bag as long as its under 50lbs I believe.

I just got a new hardcase and the three latches each have a lock on it. Am I able to lock my case? Or do I have to leave access for airport security to open it, after I've checked it.

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Just checked and my upcoming flight on United, I'll have to pay $15 for the first bag, and $25 for the second, clubs counting as a bag as long as its under 50lbs I believe.

I just got a new hardcase and the three latches each have a lock on it. Am I able to lock my case? Or do I have to leave access for airport security to open it, after I've checked it.
    I haven't flown out of Pearson for a couple of years now (I drive from Markham to Buffalo for the much cheaper flights). But when I did, I brought my luggage through the customs gate and a couple of times they asked me to open my hard case. Once they inspected it, they told me to lock it before they sent it down the chute.

you have to leave it unlocked for sure, you can lock it up with a TSA approved lock though. Did you get a datrek case? the built in locks that are not TSA approved, will be broken into for them to inspect, but if it has a latch like the datrek does then you can ues the TSA approved pad lock and it is fine

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post

I suggest using those plastics zip ties. They should hold the case tight and if they do cut/break them you can easily replace them with the others you bring down with you.

thank you. That's cool.

Lob Wedge Samba-Jane is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    good to know this i'm taking a golfing trip soon where it's hot and sunny.
    [URL="http://www.SambaDays.com"]SambaDays.com[/URL]

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Note this thread is 2.5 years old. Check your airline website. Golf clubs are usually counted as a piece of luggage but costs have changed.

Thread Information