100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar

UFC: GSP vs. BJ Penn

Is it just me, or is anyone else totally psyched about this fight I watched the two episodes on their training on Spike and I can hardly wait until the 31st.

It should be an awesome fight. I am nervous for Georges, but am hoping he can totally demolish Penn. I can not stand his arrogance.

Go GSP Go...

Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    go Georges! There is a lot of luck involved in this sport, but I think Georges is a better fighter.
    Andrew

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    go Georges! There is a lot of luck involved in this sport, but I think Georges is a better fighter.
    I plan on sneaking up at you someday at your office and putting you in a rear-naked-choke until you tap. Your colleagues will applaud, and you will be ridiculed around the water cooler for years to come. WATCH YOUR BACK!

On-topic... I hope the fight lives up to the hype, and both guys come in at 100% health and conditioning. It would be a shame for it to be ended quickly, but I definitely don't want to see it come down to a decision. Couple other good fights on the card, but doesn't compare to UFC 92, kinda got spoiled there.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Seeing as my office is not octagonal, I would just grab my huge metal stapler and start stapling you until you tapped. That or my letter opener, or a nice reverse headbutt.. or perhaps biting. I'm not afraid to bend the odd ufc rule.

BJ won a couple fights in dramatic quick fashion. This fight won't be a long one. You never know what card will turn out to be a good one.
    Andrew

Of all the holds you could put on good old Sak here, I wonder why you chose the "rear naked" choke hold??

GSP is the better man and better fighter, but as you put it, there is a certain element of luck, AND as much of a cocky person BJ is, he is just awesome.

I would like to see GSP annihilate BJ, then put on some pounds and get a match against Anderson Silva, who is just crazy talented....

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I plan on sneaking up at you someday at your office and putting you in a rear-naked-choke until you tap. Your colleagues will applaud, and you will be ridiculed around the water cooler for years to come. WATCH YOUR BACK!

On-topic... I hope the fight lives up to the hype, and both guys come in at 100% health and conditioning. It would be a shame for it to be ended quickly, but I definitely don't want to see it come down to a decision. Couple other good fights on the card, but doesn't compare to UFC 92, kinda got spoiled there.

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Of all the holds you could put on good old Sak here, I wonder why you chose the "rear naked" choke hold??
    I don't think putting him in an Omo Plata or a Triangle would have the same measure of surprise to it...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Penn has the better ground game, but I think GSP is smart enough, and strong enough to stay away from anything dangerous. And if he manages to get the upper hand on the ground, he's great at pounding away on his opponent (like in the Matt Serra fight). GSP is a better striker, with a longer reach. He should be able to dominate the cage on his feet.

The only potential problem I see for GSP is that he likes to move forward. That could be a problem against Penn because he's so quick. GSP would be smart to to be patient and let Penn make the first move, and try catch him with a punch or a knee on the way in.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    This is a great card also , but the main event is gonna be awesome. It really could go either way , both fighters are at the top of their game , but i think gsp will be too evasive for Bj's ground game , but in the first fight Bj's boxing was better than gsp's (apart from an eye poke). I think this will go the distance , but i'm hoping for the same outcome as the first fight , GSP.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    This is a great card also , but the main event is gonna be awesome. It really could go either way , both fighters are at the top of their game , but i think gsp will be too evasive for Bj's ground game , but in the first fight Bj's boxing was better than gsp's (apart from an eye poke). I think this will go the distance , but i'm hoping for the same outcome as the first fight , GSP.
    Should be a good one for sure.... Think both of these guys have a tone of skill and are both much better than they were in the 1st fight. Getting a little sick of BJ's comments though! I know he is just hypeing the fight but he is getting a little over the top! BJ has good stand up aswell a great ground game, But GSP is just as well rounded, but is stronger, bigger and his Athletic ability is second to none! He made Finch look bad in his last fight so lets hope he does it again to Penn!

Thiago Alves gets the winner of this fight so that will will make for another great welterweight matchup!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I watched the replay of the GSP/Serra fight at the Bell Centre last year. Those knees that GSP was dishing out were just devastating. I hope he has more in store for Penn.

Actually the whole card was awesome. First time I had seen either of the Bisping or Danzig bouts. Great stuff.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

So, predictions anyone?

GSP vs. Penn? GSP bo TKO in round 3
    Hoolio vs. Sakuraba? Hoolio's singing ability dazes the legendary Sakuraba enough for a "REAR NAKED" choke hold. Round 1

You heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Hoolio vs. Sakuraba? Hoolio's singing ability dazes the legendary Sakuraba enough for a "REAR NAKED" choke hold. Round 1
    Sakuraba in the pre-match interview by way of TKO (hoolio passing out from Sak. talking too much).

3 Wood willylax is on a distinguished road

BJ Penn may die this Saturday night!

I hope he gets knocked out in the first round! GSP will win!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Sakuraba in the pre-match interview by way of TKO (hoolio passing out from Sak. talking too much).
    hoolio by default due to Sak testing positive for a banned substance, specifically Miracle Grow on his upper lip.

I was told he used Chia Pet stuff to grow the fuzz!

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    hoolio by default due to Sak testing positive for a banned substance, specifically Miracle Grow on his upper lip.

I lost to hoolio in our first mma fight via a souplex. (you don't see that very often in mma) So I'll be looking for revenge.

I am going to post a pic of my super moustache from just before the OG/TGN to dazzle all you haters. stay tuned.
    Andrew

Pow!

This is far off topic, but you guys brought up the stache, now you must look at it in all its glory!
    Attached Images
    Andrew

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    It looks like your chest hair is longer and thicker!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Quit checking out his boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    My wife said that at its best, my moustache was like a 3rd eyebrow. I was pretty insulted, but now that I look at the photo, she might have been onto something!

If I get back to Belleville, I'm pretty sure I'm growing that sucka again!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    My wife said that at its best, my moustache was like a 3rd eyebrow. I was pretty insulted, but now that I look at the photo, she might have been onto something!

If I get back to Belleville, I'm pretty sure I'm growing that sucka again!
    No way! Your brows are much fuller!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Topic please, although the banter is quite funny.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

The card has just started and I am psyched beyond belief.

GO GSP

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    very excited as well, just watching it at the moment! I actually am slightly excited about the Bonner fight as well, everytime i see he is fighting i hope that he can replicate the performance he had against Griffin in the ultimate fighter!!

Wow, GSP made BJ quit!
    Who is the Bizzatch now BJ?

AWESOME!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    that was sick nasty and amazing!!! GSP made Penn look like a newbie in his first pro fight. After all the talk that NOBODY could take Penn on the ground, it looked like he was fighting me!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    GSP is the man , absolutley freekin awesome !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Well said. I am glad for the turn out, espcially because BJ called Georges all sort of things while GSP remained a gentleman.

I have goosebumps.....

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    that was sick nasty and amazing!!! GSP made Penn look like a newbie in his first pro fight. After all the talk that NOBODY could take Penn on the ground, it looked like he was fighting me!!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    GSP is god. This fight was not even close. And that is not the rye talking!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    GSP is god. This fight was not even close. And that is not the rye talking!
    what a fight...would love to hear what BJ has to say now!!!!!

cant not believe how much of a gentleman GSP is....I have never seen a fighter like him, never has a bad thing to say.

Paulio...do you even remember the fight today? or where you watched it? dont think you shut up for 2 secs on the drive home!

Thread Information