CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    If I leave the date in May I will 100% not be a part of the event this year.
    All these great minds on here and nobody thought of it 'til now. You simply push the wedding back a couple months. I'm sure you can find another weekend during the summer where there isn't any club events going on at Copperdale.

Just in case your lovely bride to be has any inkling of hunting me down and erasing me from the face of the earth for this suggestion, I've taken the precaution of posting this from a neighbours open WiFi connection. I cover all my bases.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

3 Wood corchard is on a distinguished road corchard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    ...Just in case your lovely bride to be has any inkling of hunting me down and erasing me from the face of the earth for this suggestion, I've taken the precaution ...
    Maybe, we should be playing your wives. They certainly would be more decisive and even though I haven't met any of them, they definately have bigger balls...
    3-4 ...... time to settle the score

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by elhoozel View Post
    Maybe, we should be playing your wives. They certainly would be more decisive and even though I haven't met any of them, they definately have bigger balls...

You say this now with such certainty that your wife will not read your reply. Perhaps someone should pass this along to her and see what she has to say.....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

A big thanks to Sakuraba for stepping up to replace Indio.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Inski...if there is room...

Hmm... thought I'd already said I was in, but it doesn't say so on the Page 6 roster... Count me in

I wonder if we could procure some sponsorship from any of the Canadian Brewers? I'd be more than willing to sell off the large billboard space which is my back to the highest beer bidder.

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar

Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I'm inski but you should have a backup golfer just in case I'm detained or unable to cross the border. I will clean out my trunk this time, and bring 1 dozen golf balls instead of the normal 200 that's in the trunk. I'm the only person that Moe Norman would have been able to say "You have more crap in that trunk then I have!!!"

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Geoff, as I said earlier, unfortunately I'm "outski" at this point (99%). I would love to come back and beat TGN like a rented mule, but I'm already committed to the NCGT event and another event at Smugglers in June, so I have to limit my road trips. That being said, I know how volatile the line-up can be, especially close to tourney time. So, if you find yourself in a pinch at the last minute, keep me in mind and I'll see what I can work out.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Rich, I should let you know that some of us are not above a little kidnapping "Old School" style.

"GO TIME!!!"

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Rich, I should let you know that some of us are not above a little kidnapping "Old School" style.

"GO TIME!!!"
    Absolutely love that movie!! It would be an honour to be "kidnapped" by you guys, but I'd have to figure out the golf clubs part so my wife wouldn't get suspicious.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

HAHAHAHAHA! OMG!! I just watched the clip again. It's Geoff, you, and Sak!!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Make me proud Sak!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Make me proud Sak!
    Methinks that won't be overly difficult..........

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    With or without the 'stache?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

3 Wood corchard is on a distinguished road corchard's Avatar
    You say this now with such certainty that your wife will not read your reply. Perhaps someone should pass this along to her and see what she has to say.....
    She can read the reply and she definately wears the pants in my family but planning for a weekend event 6 1/2 months from now should be a no brainer. yawn

Here's an early Wedding gift there big guy. Take one of those win-win negotiating courses now, women are inherently better at it than men are.
    3-4 ...... time to settle the score

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Geoff I can't commit that far ahead with all the tournaments and other things yet to be set so maybe give my spot to one of the young guns. I'd love to play and May was the perfect time. This is a great deal of fun that I hate to miss. If it comes down to needing someone at the deadline and I have that weekend free I'll help you out.

Here's an early Wedding gift there big guy. Take one of those win-win negotiating courses now, women are inherently better at it than men are.
    Is that why all the TGN guys are allowed to come down and play golf, but they have to be in bed by 10pm with the light off?

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Is that why all the TGN guys are allowed to come down and play golf, but they have to be in bed by 10pm with the light off?
    I for one, would not be proud of the majority of performances put up by the OGF squad on Sunday.

A perfect example of why booze, magical herb and no sleep conflict with ones ability to walk straight the next day and keep the ball in play.

Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    I for one, would not be proud of the majority of performances put up by the OGF squad on Sunday.

A perfect example of why booze, magical herb and no sleep conflict with ones ability to walk straight the next day and keep the ball in play.
    Ah hell, who wants to lose sober?? And besides, when we win this time we'll already be half way through the victory party.

p.s. We've already "taken care of" swaaain's marshall for this year. Not only will he be on him from the first tee, he'll also be following him in to the washroom, and critiquing his food and drink choices as well.

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar

If they behave it will ruin our entertainment
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I'm "inski". I can't see anything that would be in my way for that weekend as it stands at this time.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

you're playing with fire there! Remember the first year when we somewhat behaved ourselves... what was the result? Now last year, the boys partied a little more 'successfully' and look at the result, you guys actually won! If I was team captain of TGN I would be encouraging OG to drink and 'enjoy' even harder this year, you may have a chance to repeat that way.

But given the choice between going to bed early after one beer, or enjoying the company of both my team and the fellas I know from TGN, even if it hurts my game a little, I would choose the enjoyment every single time.

I remember the dinner at East Sides and the drinking at the hotel after on Saturday a lot more than any shot or the wins I had on the golf course!

List has been updated with additions/deletions. Bolded names are considered on the team. First list of spares have been updated.

Caddyshack04 is in for gbower.

9 Iron Caddyshack04 is on a distinguished road

Rc

Sent you a reply Geoff, I am in. Looking forward to better golf and no getting in the "bar" this year.
    Cheers,

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar

Dont u be dissin the green , I smoked 6 in front of the young big kid you brought along and slaped him around, bring him again ill smoke ten this time.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Glad to see Frank decided to come up for the event.. Wouldn't have been the same without him.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Dont u be dissin the green , I smoked 6 in front of the young big kid you brought along and slaped him around, bring him again ill smoke ten this time.
    you sound like my kind of partner, that is unless my partner from '07 won't have me back!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road

I don't even know where to start with this reply.

How did it feel to be handed defeat two years ago by a bunch of guys with bloodshot eyes and major dehydration issues, who couldn't walk a straight line?

I also know for a fact that at least one of the TGN team members was ashamed of his teammates for packing it in at 10:00PM last year.

I sense a major difference in team philosophys. If the following words were exclaimed by a member of each team, I truly believe that our teams would proceed to completely different venues.

"Boys, Let's go to the ballet!!"
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Thread Information