CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    For the guys booking rooms using their Government rate, I have a message from Holiday Inn Express:

As for the guys that work for the government we do not give government rates for leisure travel and as per our government solicitation we have the right to ask for work orders signed by the government office they work for. Therefore they
    will not be able to qualify for those rates. Please inform them of this in advance as we do not want to surprise them at check in and then they have to pay regular rate as the group block is expired.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just got this email back from them as I was letting them know that 3 rooms were being taken off the booking as you guys were doing this on your own. I wouldn't want you guys to have any problems....but if you are working around this then you can ignore his email.

Cheers,

Thanks Scott.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    mpare is staying at the Holiday, but requests his own room due to the odd hours he keeps. He doesn't want to wake up a possible roommate
    That's because he also needs room for his chainsaw, body bags, plastic sheeting, and portable autopsy table.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    That's only if I win. You should see what happens, when I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    That's because he also needs room for his chainsaw, body bags, plastic sheeting, and portable autopsy table.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Hahaha...HI Ex checking work orders for gov't rates...If I hear anyone from Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express complain about recession, I will giggle for a while. Do I only get to use my CAA rate if my car breaks down infront of their hotel? That's ridiculous
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Hahaha...HI Ex checking work orders for gov't rates...If I hear anyone from Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express complain about recession, I will giggle for a while. Do I only get to use my CAA rate if my car breaks down infront of their hotel? That's ridiculous
    Couldn't agree more....I found it quite odd how they approached the issue to begin with, but like I said I was only repeating what the rep at Holiday Inn Express told me. Was only worried that if I didn't post what he said and they showed up to pay for the rooms and had a problem, that it would cause a problem on the morning of the event.

Thanks Scott.
    I've set aside 6 rooms under the name "Ottawa Golf Forums", and gave the rep your name and number Geoff....so expect a call from Brad to go over the details with you and firm up the reservation.

As for the lovers staying together in the B&B, you at least going to grace us with your presence for some beers before heading back to take a bath in your heart-shaped tub after the matches?

Glad to see some familiar faces joining us again this year, really looking forward to it!

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    I've set aside 6 rooms under the name "Ottawa Golf Forums", and gave the rep your name and number Geoff....so expect a call from Brad to go over the details with you and firm up the reservation.

As for the lovers staying together in the B&B, you at least going to grace us with your presence for some beers before heading back to take a bath in your heart-shaped tub after the matches?

Glad to see some familiar faces joining us again this year, really looking forward to it!
    I'm starting to think that the guys that always stay at the B&B might be getting a little more than a bed and breakfast

Can anyone say "happy ending"?
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftygolfer3 View Post
    I'm starting to think that the guys that always stay at the B&B might be getting a little more than a bed and breakfast

Can anyone say "happy ending"?
    ........Yah, that little extra that I get is called Yogurt ........

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    ........Yah, that little extra that I get is called Yogurt ........
    Frank ya had to say it didn't you. I'm right in the middle of eating a Dannon and now I can't finish it.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    While I take a minute off of the double entendres there's good news about my golf game, yesterday I shot under par for the first time this year. while it is true that I played only 9 holes in the league and the total putting distance for the four made birdie putts was about 6 feet, anyone that has seen me putt knows that's just what I need (kickins). Well my confidence is quite high so I'll only be needing about 2 strokes from Mpare .

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    I'll only be needing about 2 strokes from Mpare .
    LOL. Cute.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    You guys are too much - picking on a permanently hobbled golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    LOL. Cute.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Dudes!

really sorry for not staying on top of this thread. I have been a little busy over the last couple months, we are in the middle of buying a new business and it has been hecktick!

I am down for 36 on saturday and the holiday in works for me! i will most likley leave to Belleville straight from work friday night and crash at a hotel, would save me driving down really early on saturday morning (its like a 5/6 hour drive from here)

someone want to save me reading all these posts and tell me what date we decided on? is it still the 29th 30th of August?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Those are the dates.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

thanks JV!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    You guys are too much - picking on a permanently hobbled golfer.
    They do enjoy that don't they Michael
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Bouche
    Im good for a room, I will likely stay at a friends house....save some money.

****updated with starting times****

Hi guys,

Just got an email back from Greg, below are both starting times for Saturday and Sunday's matches. Trillium were kind enough to get us going not too too early on the Saturday to allow others to make it in, and the afternoon matches are scheduled to start so that we should all be in the clubhouse eating by 7:30.

Here it is:

Hi Scott....Your first tee time on Saturday is 9:00am....Your afternoon time starts at 1:45pm...This should give you enough time to grab a quick bite to eat before your second round. Your Sunday tee time is scheduled for 10:00am....Talk to you soon.

Greg

If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me or your team Captain....who's out practicing today after his stellar 90 on Sunday.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me or your team Captain....who's out practicing today after his stellar 90 on Sunday.
    He's not practising, he's out filling sandbags. His long term goal is to play horrid golf for May & June, take July off to contemplate things, then come back with a vengeance and an 11 cap in August and send your lackeys back to the Holiday Inn crying.

Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Guys, I will have hotel info for you later today. Just spoke with Brad at the HI and he's faxing me all the info later today.

And hoolio, I'm liking your 11 cap idea.....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Guys, I will have hotel info for you later today. Just spoke with Brad at the HI and he's faxing me all the info later today.

And hoolio, I'm liking your 11 cap idea.....
    I see we are on the same wave length.....I just can't believe I haven't broken 90 all year so far, been very frustrating so far.

Unfortunately, due to personal reasons Nat can no longer participate. So I need a replacement. If someone answers back here first before I get a PM response from the guys I'm about to send PMs to, they're in.

I have a reply. If he doesn't pan out I'll send out the PMs.

We've got our replacement, LBH!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I see we are on the same wave length.....I just can't believe I haven't broken 90 all year so far, been very frustrating so far.
    Yip the way things are going I should be a 17 capper by Aug
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Yip the way things are going I should be a 17 capper by Aug
    You think you'll be able to get it down in just 3 short months? I'm expecting a sharp increase in BST threads

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    You think you'll be able to get it down in just 3 short months? I'm expecting a sharp increase in BST threads
    .. that's my plan... TGN won't know what hit them.. I guess in your case they will ... if they stand to the right of you...
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Touché... It's rather unfortunate that your swing speed isn't as quick as your comebacks, there would be no hazard you couldn't carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Touché... It's rather unfortunate that your swing speed isn't as quick as your comebacks, there would be no hazard you couldn't carry.
    The only hazard I'll have to carry is you, that is if are fortunate enough to get paired together...

Thread Information