100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Bouche
    Im back and I am the first spare...so if someone bails....ill buy them a beer! deal?

Bouche
    so has there been a set day for this?! and is the location toronto or belleville or ottawa?!?!!?

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    so has there been a set day for this?! and is the location toronto or belleville or ottawa?!?!!?
    Back at Trillium Woods last weekend in Aug. Since Geoff wouldn't miss this challenge for the world the date's been changed from May as it conflicts with his wedding.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    A little team update:

Big Johnny69 (Inski)
    Wilster (Inski)

habsfan (Inski)
    davevandyk (Inski)
    Nat Williams (Inski)
    Pinshark (tentative)
    mpare (Inski)
    John (Inski)
    MusicMan (Inski)

Drew (Inski)
    ironmaster (Inski)

Sakuraba (Inski)
    The Saint (Inski)
    geronamo (Inski)
    hoolio (Inski)
    Fallys0820 (Inski)
    jvincent (Inski)
    Caddyshack04 (Inski)

First spare up is Bouche. Unfortunately we lost one of our team leades in Ginker, he will be sorely missed.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Almost forgot to add to my previous post: The Team Is Set!!!

And all I ask guys is that you keep me updated throughout the summer. If something comes up and you can't make it, please let me know ASAP!!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Okay, so now that this is settled, how about this guys?

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=42632
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Okay, so now that this is settled, how about this guys?

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=42632
    I know if it was the day before the OG/TGN battle I'd be tempted.
    Andrew

Sorry everyone for not staying more on top of this, but I've had a lot on my plate. It's update time, and I need some input from everyone.

Thankfully Scott is picking up most of the responsibility this year. He's been in touch with the course and a local hotel. Here's where I need your input:

1) He's working out a deal for us at the new Holiday Inn Express. He wants to know if we all (or most of us) want to stay there. The more we get, probably the better deal.

2) He's working on a complete package at Trillium for Sat. If we can get a good replay rate, who'd be interested in doing 36 on Sat (Best ball and alt shot) and singles 18 holes on Sun?

He's also working on a cart and meal package at the course for Sat. That way, we could all eat together and then head back to the hotel and hang out for the night. Easier than trying to organize something at a local restaurant and then try to meet up at a hotel. This way, we are all together and should make for a great time.

What's everyone's thoughts????

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Will we get smarter by staying at the Holiday Inn?

If people can't make it down until Saturday AM it would make 36 hard to do.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Will we get smarter by staying at the Holiday Inn?
    I stayed there, then proceeded to eat two loaves of bread c/w bag, and drank what probably amounted to a bathtub full of beer and mixed drinks... Does that answer your question?

I'm definitely cool with staying at "The Ex" again...
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    Good by me. The location of the HI Express is ideal.

I hope to go get a Friday round in again so the double header on Saturday is also fine.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Sounds good to me as well , i should be doing the friday thing too
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I stayed there, then proceeded to eat two loaves of bread c/w bag, and drank what probably amounted to a bathtub full of beer and mixed drinks... Does that answer your question?
    Lets not forget also trying to pickup the front end of a slow moving VW Beetle in the parking lot!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I def. like the idea of having a dinner at the course on Saturday. Would love to sit with all the OG guys as well as the TGN guys I know as well. I agree with the above that 36 would be hard for those that weren't intending to come down until Sat. morning. If they could give a special rate for the second 18 w. cart that would help a lot of us 'less fit' gents!! Anyway it works, chances are pretty good I will be down.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Lets not forget also trying to pickup the front end of a slow moving VW Beetle in the parking lot!
    One would never guess your memory was so sharp... not judging from your hairline anyway

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    One would never guess your memory was so sharp... not judging from your hairline anyway
    Some things are etched in the memory... usually useless facts though
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Forgot to add, Scott is looking for a good rate for those that want to play Fri as well.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I'd stay at the Holiday Inn. Count me in for 18 on Friday, 36 on Saturday, and 18 on Sunday. I'm interested in the meal package at Trillium as well.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    The HI express is good for me again, not sure about making for Friday though, just got a new job so will have to see what the schedule is looking like.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I like the idea of the Express too. I'm probably only good for one night this year, though.
    Andrew

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    HI Ex is good with me too. I'd be interested to know what kinda "deal" we're getting for the 54 holes. That would probably determine my likelihood of going that route. My sister lives just outside of Trenton so I'd only be stayin' the one night in Belle-vegas (Sat night with the fellas).

Maybe I could have 3 rounds under my belt before I play 3 rounds in 2 days!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Ok ladies....here's some of the information I've got available at the moment, I am still waiting to hear back from Greg at Trillium on the rates I've requested for the 2 day event. As far as getting a deal for playing a practice round on the Friday, I doubt that's going to happen as their green fees are already respectable as is.

I've contacted 2 hotels right on the main strip, one of them is the brand new Holiday Inn Express which is obviously going to cost more, the 2nd one is the Best Western who's rates are more reasonable, but is obviously an older hotel for those concerned about that. Both included breakfast, and the rate is based on double occupancy for both and only a one night stay. Those wanting to come down Friday AND wanting their own separate rooms...I need to know ASAP so I can have those set aside for you. As it is, with the Best Western being the cheaper of the 2, I was able to set aside 24 rooms in total, so that means 18 rooms based on double occupancy leaving 6 extra aside for any players wanting their own rooms. Holiday Inn Express will not set aside any extra rooms until I've committed #'s to him....but it looks like the only single rooms available will be suites and they will be pricey.

Without further ado, here are the prices and what's included....please get back to Geoff as quickly as you can with your decision so I can ge the ball rolling with the hotel of choice:

Holiday Inn Express:

Our regular rate for those dates are as follows;

Thursday $145.95
    Friday $139.95
    Saturday$155.95
    These rates are for our two queen standard rooms.

I am able to give you this block at $135.95 for Thursday, Friday, and $145.95 on Saturday. This will be a higher rate then you paid at the Best Western (which we also operate) although as your colleague has told you our hotel is brand new and boasts the following upgrades;

32" flat panel televisions
    Massage shower heads (Umm, yeah )
    Granite showers and counters
    Upgraded amenity packages
    Free "HOT" breakfast in the morning (Bacon, Sausage, Omelets, Biscuits, Cinnamon Buns, ect.)
    Free Wired and Wireless Internet
    Free Parking
    Free Local Calls
    Indoor Pool / Hot Tub
    Patio with Barbeque
    Fitness Centre
    Business Centre

Guys: As you can see, for $145.95 plus taxes on the Saturday night, split 2 ways for a really nice hotel it's not that bad at all....taking into consideration what extras are included. Those wanting their own room, they only have single suites available for that weekend and Brad with Holiday Inn can give them to me for $165/night, same extras are included. Suites include two queen sized beds, and would be $82.50 split per person if others want a bigger room.

Best Western Hotel:

Room Rate: $109.95 per night

Taxes: All rooms have 10% tax.

We like to keep all of our non smoking rooms allergy free. If someone smokes in a non smoking room, will be billed a $50.00 clean up fee.

Notes:We cannot gtd cots/fridges, but we will be happy to request them for you.

Guys: This place is also offering us breakfast included in the price, but the hotel is obviously not as nice and I *think* includes free wired/wireless internet if I am not mistaken. I've been able to secure 24 rooms with Best Western.

All of you, take a look and as I said get back to Geoff ASAP with your decision as to where you want to stay so I can get the contract all sorted out with our place of choice.

Cheers,
    Last edited by racmbs; 05-08-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm liking the more expensive version.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    Ok ladies....here's some of the information I've got available at the moment, I am still waiting to hear back from Greg at Trillium on the rates I've requested for the 2 day event. As far as getting a deal for playing a practice round on the Friday, I doubt that's going to happen as their green fees are already respectable as is.

I've contacted 2 hotels right on the main strip, one of them is the brand new Holiday Inn Express which is obviously going to cost more, the 2nd one is the Best Western who's rates are more reasonable, but is obviously an older hotel for those concerned about that. Both included breakfast, and the rate is based on double occupancy for both and only a one night stay. Those wanting to come down Friday AND wanting their own separate rooms...I need to know ASAP so I can have those set aside for you. As it is, with the Best Western being the cheaper of the 2, I was able to set aside 24 rooms in total, so that means 18 rooms based on double occupancy leaving 6 extra aside for any players wanting their own rooms. Holiday Inn Express will not set aside any extra rooms until I've committed #'s to him....but it looks like the only single rooms available will be suites and they will be pricey.

Without further ado, here are the prices and what's included....please get back to Geoff as quickly as you can with your decision so I can ge the ball rolling with the hotel of choice:

Holiday Inn Express:

Our regular rate for those dates are as follows;

Thursday $145.95
    Friday $139.95
    Saturday$155.95
    These rates are for our two queen standard rooms.

I am able to give you this block at $135.95 for Thursday, Friday, and $145.95 on Saturday. This will be a higher rate then you paid at the Best Western (which we also operate) although as your colleague has told you our hotel is brand new and boasts the following upgrades;

32" flat panel televisions
    Massage shower heads (Umm, yeah )
    Granite showers and counters
    Upgraded amenity packages
    Free "HOT" breakfast in the morning (Bacon, Sausage, Omelets, Biscuits, Cinnamon Buns, ect.)
    Free Wired and Wireless Internet
    Free Parking
    Free Local Calls
    Indoor Pool / Hot Tub
    Patio with Barbeque
    Fitness Centre
    Business Centre

Guys: As you can see, for $145.95 plus taxes on the Saturday night, split 2 ways for a really nice hotel it's not that bad at all....taking into consideration what extras are included. Those wanting their own room, they only have single suites available for that weekend and Brad with Holiday Inn can give them to me for $165/night, same extras are included.

Best Western Hotel:

Room Rate: $109.95 per night

Taxes: All rooms have 10% tax.

We like to keep all of our non smoking rooms allergy free. If someone smokes in a non smoking room, will be billed a $50.00 clean up fee.

Notes:We cannot gtd cots/fridges, but we will be happy to request them for you.

Guys: This place is also offering us breakfast included in the price, but the hotel is obviously not as nice and I *think* includes free wired/wireless internet if I am not mistaken. I've been able to secure 24 rooms with Best Western.

All of you, take a look and as I said get back to Geoff ASAP with your decision as to where you want to stay so I can get the contract all sorted out with our place of choice.

Cheers,
    Make sure you get to breakfast before hoolio.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Make sure you get to breakfast before hoolio.
    It's hard to issue a comeback while drooling at the thought of all the things highlighted... touche good sir

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Count me in for the Holiday Inn as well.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    LOL

9 hours goes by, and 2 guys respond.

WAKE UP OGF.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The best western won't cost me anything , but i'll go with the majority , wherever
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I followed your suggestion and PM'd Geoff directly.

Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    LOL

9 hours goes by, and 2 guys respond.

WAKE UP OGF.

Thread Information