CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Passive hands

Sand Wedge bobcat 2 is on a distinguished road
    Do my test also, simply turn back from a good golf setup with a towel and at the top throw the towel straight down as hard as you can. If you coiled fully and made a full back to the target torso turn, you will end up with your arms both perfectly extended down your target line and all your weight on your front foot which will not have splayed forward. In short your be in the perfect tour pro position at this post impact point with no conscious effort in your lower body. Ever wonder why the pros all say they have no swing thoughts or if all else fails they just swing the club? Its because they are not consciously controlling their lower bodies, but rather getting into a good backswing top position consistently. What you can practice all winter long is getting into a good coiled full backswing without any conscious effort or thought, which is the cornerstone to consistent great golf and forget about the lower body.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Lyle I have been practicing the drills you sent and I am getting the hang of it. It is not easy but I feel it will be very fruitful. I did hit some absolutely great shots on the sim (I know, its not the same) but I could feel my arms coming through with my back wrist in the correct position and the nice extension of the arms post impact. The result on the sim also reflected this as I hit 2 of my longest tee shots with my 3 wood and 5 wood ever and it seemed effortless.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Lyle I have been practicing the drills you sent and I am getting the hang of it. It is not easy but I feel it will be very fruitful. I did hit some absolutely great shots on the sim (I know, its not the same) but I could feel my arms coming through with my back wrist in the correct position and the nice extension of the arms post impact. The result on the sim also reflected this as I hit 2 of my longest tee shots with my 3 wood and 5 wood ever and it seemed effortless.
    This is great news. Effecting any change takes considerable time so please be patient. The Bertholy drills are the best that I have seen to acquire the kind lag and the lowering of the swing plane that Hogan had. In spite of my honourable fellow posters contention, these motions will not happen solely as a result of a bump and turn of the lower body. The more repetitions that you do of the Programme 1 exercises, the faster the correct plane shift will become part of your swing motion. You have now experienced what a perfectly struck golf shot feels like and when done with a long iron or wood, it is a feeling in golf like no other. Please continue letting us no how you are progressing.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I will keep you posted, I am trying to do them every day and I will try to get to an indoor dome this weekend as well to get some feedback. Those few nice swings felt very different from what I am used to, for sure.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge bobcat 2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    This is great news. Effecting any change takes considerable time so please be patient. The Bertholy drills are the best that I have seen to acquire the kind lag and the lowering of the swing plane that Hogan had. In spite of my honourable fellow posters contention, these motions will not happen solely as a result of a bump and turn of the lower body. The more repetitions that you do of the Programme 1 exercises, the faster the correct plane shift will become part of your swing motion. You have now experienced what a perfectly struck golf shot feels like and when done with a long iron or wood, it is a feeling in golf like no other. Please continue letting us no how you are progressing.
    BC MIST can you also send me the Bertholy drills? Thanks, Bob

The more I do these the easier it gets. I cannot wait to get to the dome to see what the ball flight will actually look like.
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    The Bertholy drills are the best that I have seen to acquire the kind lag and the lowering of the swing plane that Hogan had.
    BC, I have tried to order the Bertholy book in the past, but I never got a response from them when I asked for a price to ship to Canada. I ended up ordering John Dunigan's book instead and have been practicing his drills with a weighted club over the winter. Are the Bertholy drills similar?

Thread Information