CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar

Talking TaylorMade R9 Driver

I came across this driver, not sure if others were aware. I assume it will be released shortly. Kind of looks like the R7 Limited. This may be the driver for Indio:

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I came across this driver, not sure if others were aware. I assume it will be released shortly. Kind of looks like the R7 Limited. This may be the driver for Indio:
    Only if it comes with its own thought process and swing
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Reading about is on wrx.com this morning and it's got about a zillion things you can alter on it.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Maybe they could modify your driver Indio, will a little Nitrious Oxide kit attached to it....then on your down swing, you click a button and the after burners turn on...launching the ball like Happy Gilmore....and trust me as I have played with you, I think you swear more than him...Ha Ha Ha, Just kiddin....

and trust me as I have played with you, I think you swear more than him...Ha Ha Ha, Just kiddin....
    I tend to hold back on the colorful language when women like you are around so believe me, you ain't heard nothing ....

...Ha Ha Ha, Just kiddin....
    ummmm, ya me too

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Seems to be the next big thing. Adjustable face angles and lie angles. The new Nike will have it as well and I believe the Cobra has the face angle already. Looks pretty good but I'm interested to see how the Ft-9 will be.

6 Iron setter02 is on a distinguished road setter02's Avatar
    I can't wait for Taylor Made to come out with adjustable shaft lengths as pretty much everything else has been done. I guess we'll just have to wait a few months for the next offering from them.

I was talking to my brother who is a Marshal at the Bob Hope and he said the Pro players are raving about the new R9. He said he started out day 1 ont the driving range and even players who were not sponsored by TM or play TM were sneaking in some practice with them.

He also said that the celebes were really embracing the B330RX ball. Aparently most said they gained between 10 & 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I was talking to my brother who is a Marshal at the Bob Hope and he said the Pro players are raving about the new R9. He said he started out day 1 ont the driving range and even players who were not sponsored by TM or play TM were sneaking in some practice with them.

He also said that the celebes were really embracing the B330RX ball. Aparently most said they gained between 10 & 20 yards.

The new R9 will be more the likely no different then any other driver that TM has put out since the R7. All they do is lengthen the shaft. Once you've maxed out pretty much everything tat you can, only getting fit can make a difference.

As for the balls, I'm sure that most of the amateurs out there don't know there * from a hole in the ground when it comes to golf. They more then likely just got lucky and hit it square a few times. Also, the speed at which the fairways will be playing will be nothing like they will ever see on their normal courses outside of being baked in the late summer.

Quote Originally Posted by setter02 View Post
    The new R9 will be more the likely no different then any other driver that TM has put out since the R7. All they do is lengthen the shaft. Once you've maxed out pretty much everything tat you can, only getting fit can make a difference.
    Apparently it comes with 4 shafts and can be seup for 32 different settings. (loft, lie, face angle)....

Apparently it comes with 4 shafts and can be seup for 32 different settings. (loft, lie, face angle)....

They can add all the things in the world, and it really won't make amateur golfers any better. Adding 4 shafts is a waste when most don't get fit for even one shaft left alone four. Increasing loft, won't really help again as if you aren't a good enough ball striker, lowering the loft in the wind will just add more misery. Everyone likes a quick fix, and as most know, that doesn't help in the long run. Save the money, take some lessons and practice more and you ill improve more then this club can do for you.

TM really isn't in the market to help golfers, just confuse and overwhelm. Hell, they pay tour pro's to play their drivers ($1000 a round) just so they can say that they are the most played driver on the PGA.

You are making some poor assumptions Setter02... I never said I was looking to buy one to improve my game. I am just responding to a thread with what little knowledge I have.

You are making some poor assumptions Setter02... I never said I was looking to buy one to improve my game. I am just responding to a thread with what little knowledge I have.
    I in no way assumed that you were in the market for one. I'm just making general remarks about my views of TM. I'm not a fan of TM and the stuff they do. Also, after meeting, or lack there of meeting (they showed no interest) at the Ontario PGA show this past October.

My remarks are just based on the fact that I think TM does not make products with the consumer in mind, more there wallets.

Fair enough

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    My remarks are just based on the fact that I think TM does not make products with the consumer in mind, more there wallets.
    you show me a large company that is different? You think Titleist/Bridgestone/Callaway etc. care more about the consumer than their profit margins?? Only reason TM keeps coming out with clubs every 4-6 months is because people keep buying them... no other reason

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    Only reason TM keeps coming out with clubs every 4-6 months is because people keep buying them... no other reason
    So what you're saying, is that if a finger should be pointed somewhere, you would direct it in the general vicinity of some of our Moderators?
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    So what you're saying, is that if a finger should be pointed somewhere, you would direct it in the general vicinity of some of our Moderators?

General??????

Hit this today and it is a very solid driver. It kind of has the look of a 905T with a point at the end from address. The head is only around 420cc which might not be great if you are looking for forgiveness, but I think good ball strickers will really like it. What I was really surprised at was the feel of the face. It is the best feeling TM driver I have ever hit. I usually find them to be kind of cheap feeling but this is really solid. The stock shaft was another surprise. It too was very stable feeling and didn't feel overly soft like most stock OEM shafts. I've been going to GT probably a couple times a week this winter and I've hit almost every driver in there, this one is def near the top. Not as nice as the Rapture V2 with the stock BB, but still really good.

Par EagleSteve is on a distinguished road EagleSteve's Avatar

thanks for the info

Questions is how many did you slice LOL if you have the $600 giver ,, I personally think its all about good marketing and Hype with this driver.....

I love my R7 460 I bought for $149.99 it carry's at least 230 LOL
    Cheers
    MR 67

I wouldn't buy it but it is a pretty sweet driver. I don't have a brand new club in the bag!
    I know how much you like those TM drivers, this will be in your bag when it goes on sale. You might get 235 out of her!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

I hit the R9 the other day. Now I did not read the fine print on the instructions but I don't think it has 32 different settings and it only comes with one shaft. I am sure you could order a couple of different shafts if you wanted them. ($$$)

When you look at the overall purpose of the driver it makes sense.

However if you are a slicer, why not buy yourself a driver with some offset and heel weighting and be done with it?

Remember, you can not adjust it during a round of golf if conditions change.

I owned a SuperQuad until mid season last year. Set the weights up once and never touched them after that.

Now my thoughts on the driver. Solid, very solid. A good player could use the adjustments to set up his/her shot shape for different courses.

When it comes to the price of new drivers on the market it is within reason.

They are selling. They came out last week and FGO have sold 10 since they hit the store.

Bob with all the $$$ you have the price of one would be pocket change for you!

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

As for the balls, I'm sure that most of the amateurs out there don't know there * from a hole in the ground when it comes to golf. They more then likely just got lucky and hit it square a few times. Also, the speed at which the fairways will be playing will be nothing like they will ever see on their normal courses outside of being baked in the late summer.
    Have we been blessed by the presence of another "PRO PLAYER"

Your thoughts on amateur players is way out of line.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I swung a 10.5 regular r9 at gt today. I didn't adjust anything, just had it taped up and let loose. 225 carry and a roll out to 235 in the sim with a dead ball. It feels better than my burner but I think that I might wait a couple of months after TM releases its next 4 drivers and the price drops from the listed 499.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    I swung a 10.5 regular r9 at gt today. I didn't adjust anything, just had it taped up and let loose. 225 carry and a roll out to 235 in the sim with a dead ball. It feels better than my burner but I think that I might wait a couple of months after TM releases its next 4 drivers and the price drops from the listed 499.
    Don't quote me on this but I doubt TM will be releasing any new drivers for awhile..
    It's cheaper down my way. But not at GT.

Thread Information