100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

First Game of the Year!

So folks, when was your first game of the year (no south of border courses of course) in the Ottawa area? Mine was today at Gatineau, used my OG Club for the first time, hehe, when I told my friends about it, I could see they were jealous! Shot 89, 41 on the front and 48 on the back, 5 doubles on the back, NEWMAN!!!!! I had thoughts of breaking 80 in my first game of the year, but that quickly disappeared! But boy was in GREAT to get out, WE'RE BACK BABY!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    So folks, when was your first game of the year (no south of border courses of course) in the Ottawa area? Mine was today at Gatineau, used my OG Club for the first time, hehe, when I told my friends about it, I could see they were jealous! Shot 89, 41 on the front and 48 on the back, 5 doubles on the back, NEWMAN!!!!! I had thoughts of breaking 80 in my first game of the year, but that quickly disappeared! But boy was in GREAT to get out, WE'RE BACK BABY!
    First game of the year north of the 49th parallel at Nation today. Proforged and I had a great time with Pro... turning in a 37 on the back nine. Very impressive.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    First game of the year north of the 49th parallel at Nation today. Proforged and I had a great time with Pro... turning in a 37 on the back nine. Very impressive.
    ......but what was his front nine score?
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    mpare is being very modest here. We did indeed play at Nation today and I did shoot a 37 on the back. What Mike fails to note is that I was 9 over after 6 holes and shot a 45 on the front. He in the meantime shot a smooth 40-38. I think we're both pretty happy overall considering the conditions and that it was our first round of the year.
    Actually, I lie... it was officially my second round. I did play 9 at International 2000 in Hemmingford, Quebec two weeks ago but that was pretty much a joke. The course was horrendous and should not have been open. We declined to play the back 9 even though we had paid for it.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Proforged & mpare

Sorry we missed you guys. Missed the exit on the 417, ended up getting there at 9:00 but you guys were already on the course. Couldn't get us out until 9:30.

Course wasn't in bad shape for early April. Wet in spots, snow in the bunkers and around the edges and slow greens, but nice to hitting balls again. Now if I could only find where I left my golf swing!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I think you may have left it at Golf-O-Max.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Insert comment about stones and glass houses...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    We must have missed you by minutes, as we ended up teeing off at 9:04. Yeah, slow greens and a bit of snow, but all in all pretty darn good considering the time of year. Wet, but very playable.

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Proforged & mpare

Sorry we missed you guys. Missed the exit on the 417, ended up getting there at 9:00 but you guys were already on the course. Couldn't get us out until 9:30.

Course wasn't in bad shape for early April. Wet in spots, snow in the bunkers and around the edges and slow greens, but nice to hitting balls again. Now if I could only find where I left my golf swing!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Tipped it at Calabogie at 7:30 this morning. First group off and the weather held off nicely. 79 blows later and I'm heading back to Ottawa. As always the short game was the hinderance, but my new driver was performing marvelously. Hit way too many crisp irons today, this might be the year I finally crack 70. I've been on the bubble too damn long.

Course was quite good for this time of year. 3 or 4 holes that were very soggy, but nothing to whine about. Anyone know if they redid the green on 16? I remember it differently.

7 Iron Geee is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Played at the Nation on Friday morning.... I wanted to play my handicap (17) for my first round of the year but I end up playing 2 under. After a terrible first nine, 47 :reallymad . I adjust some settings in my swing and I end up with a 39 for the second nine!!! I screwed up on the last to holes, too bad because I was playing par all the way to the 17th.... After all not a bad game and it was my first time on that course. Very proud of my self...

J-F

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio
    Tipped it at Calabogie at 7:30 this morning. First group off and the weather held off nicely. 79 blows later and I'm heading back to Ottawa. As always the short game was the hinderance, but my new driver was performing marvelously. Hit way too many crisp irons today, this might be the year I finally crack 70. I've been on the bubble too damn long.

Course was quite good for this time of year. 3 or 4 holes that were very soggy, but nothing to whine about. Anyone know if they redid the green on 16? I remember it differently.
    Today as in Sunday?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Proforged
    We must have missed you by minutes, as we ended up teeing off at 9:04. Yeah, slow greens and a bit of snow, but all in all pretty darn good considering the time of year. Wet, but very playable.
    Damn, you must have been teeing off while we were in the pro shop! There were about 10 people in line ahead of us and they took forever, but the whole place was so crowded I figured they were running late anyway.

And I agree, the course was very playable. Almost as good as Calabogie when I played it on opening day a couple of years ago, but a lot closer to home.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Today as in Sunday?
    His post was at 4 in the morning - I think he means Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    I think you're right. With the change in the weather, I'll have to go back there and look for it!!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Check the lost and found box.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    I had the most amazing game on Sunday morning......the weather was perfect.....my driver was hot......my putter was on fire......32 on the front nine......34 on the back nine.......cold beer in the club house.......then the alarm went off, I went outside and found out that Mother Nature had slashed all of my tires :po

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    I had the most amazing game on Sunday morning......the weather was perfect.....my driver was hot......my putter was on fire......32 on the front nine......34 on the back nine.......cold beer in the club house.......then the alarm went off, I went outside and found out that Mother Nature had slashed all of my tires :po

Holy Moly.. where was that? If that's for a par 72, remind me not to wage any money with you... And I was happy with my 77 of Saturday afternoon...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    ......the alarm went off.........a dream..........Mother Nature doesn't have time to slash my tires.........she is too busy screwing up my golf season

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Holy Moly.. where was that? If that's for a par 72, remind me not to wage any money with you... And I was happy with my 77 of Saturday afternoon...

Thread Information