100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Las Vegas

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar

Las Vegas

I'm looking for recommendations on courses around the Las Vegas area. I will be down there on business and would like to play 1-2 rounds. If preferrable somewhat close to the strip since I'll probably have to take a shuttle or cab to get there. Ideally I'd like to play a desert type course with canyons and such since I've never played that type of course. If possible I'd like the green fees to be under 100$.

Thanks
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    I hope that this is not too late, I would recomend that you email Stand By Golf, they arrange reduced rate tee times the day before or even in the morning of the day you want to play. They will even recomend courses that suite your needs. I have been down 4 times now and they have been very good, I just call the morning I want to play and they find me a place to play. The only shortcoming is that you need to give them a credit card number to charge to, but they have not ripped me off yet so I feel fairly confident recomending them. Here is the contact

Stand-by Golf [sbglv@hotmail.com]
    Jason Kuntzelman
    Operations Manager
    Tix4Golf - Las Vegas
    Stand-by Golf Las Vegas
    702-597-2665

For golf I recommend that you try to find a way out to the Pauite Golf resort. They have 3 courses that are awesome desert setups. Even if the Stand by golf guys cant get you a price under $100 I would really suggest you play.
    If its windy better stay in Las Vegas, I had a really good time at the Las Vegas National course, its right on the Desert Inn Rd. they really treat you well. My only complaint was that the sand traps had the fluffiest sand I have ever seen. Should have practiced ahead of time. Painted Desert is a real nice course, not sure what price you can get for that one.
    I am by no means an expert, I have only been there 4 times in 5 years, keep an eye out for the wind, its sort of like living in Moose Jaw, and on a desert course it can be a real pain.
    Also get the hand cleaner disinfenctant anytime you use the slot machines, and wash your hands whenever you get the chance. The germs are brutal and I got the Norwalk virus while I was down there and its no fun being stuck in your room craping and puking.

Putter huskygriffin is on a distinguished road
    Tuscany golf course is about 20 mins SE of the strip in Henderson and it is a nice course. Its a residential course but the houses do not encroach on the course at all. I played a 2 rounds in Vegas in early May and this was my favourite course of the two I played. 1 of the guys I was playing with also said that if the wind is blowing avoid the Paiute courses.

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    bally hai is on the strip by the outlet mall
    not sure the price
    you can play angel park which isnt too far away or the callaway stores par 3 course for 45 with rentals i believe

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    Tuscany Gold Course is very nice. Check that out.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    If you have net access when you are there, use golfnow.com, its amazing.
    Andrew

Thread Information