CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Reviews, Adams XTD Insight A3OS driver

One of my playing buddies has a very restricted swing due to physical problems and as a result has a slow swing speed. He does not get his driver much past 185yds. His 3 wood however is just as long off the fairway. Each club has the same shaft so he wants to try the new Adams. It will be shafted with the Aldila DVS in A flex (made for Adams). I have heard very good things about the A3 but no littel about the A3OS.

Is it basically the same club? Adams claim the OS is their most forgiving and made for slower swing speeds. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Journeyman beef is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    One of my playing buddies has a very restricted swing due to physical problems and as a result has a slow swing speed. He does not get his driver much past 185yds. His 3 wood however is just as long off the fairway. Each club has the same shaft so he wants to try the new Adams. It will be shafted with the Aldila DVS in A flex (made for Adams). I have heard very good things about the A3 but no littel about the A3OS.

Is it basically the same club? Adams claim the OS is their most forgiving and made for slower swing speeds. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    I had the Adams a3os in the driver and 3 wood nice forgiving woods , very easy hit.
    The Aldila dvs shaft swings really smooth.
    I have changed back to Cobra 08 woods , I played them for the last 5 years and feel
    more comfortable with them .
    I have a leftie A3os 3 wood for sale if your interested let me know.
    gb

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I would be interested in trying it but I already have three 3 woods. I think the shaft is the real kicker here, I found a great shaft/head combo that worked for the driver and then I tried the same for the 3 wood and it feels great but I have not seen the stats yet on it. It was enough to try the same shaft in all my woods/hybrids. Once you find that feel you stick with it.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

OK, so my friend who has been slicing forever but plays it well is now using the A3OS and I cannot believe it, his slice has completely disappeared. He hits this thing dead straight and sometimes a draw and I have never seen him draw a ball in 10 years. This driver/shaft combo is something special for him.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information