100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar

Bi-Directional Signal Amplifiers

My apartment sucks, I have Rogers Hi-Speed and I want to access OD content, so the forward amp I'm using right now won't cut it. Anyone know where I can pick up a 1-way or 2 way Bi-Directional RF Amp for a good price? I saw one at The Source, but the price was ridiculous to what you can get things for online.

Mucho Gracias.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I didn't know you went "Bi" on us, hoolio
    Andrew

Being able to out-drive you left handed, doesn't mean that I swing both ways.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    that was pretty funny. you should just buy whatever accessory it is you are looking for online, its very discreet.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    How many times is the cable split?

You might be able to get away with reconfiguring the splitters.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

It's only split 3 times, but the cable run is very long, and it was done prior to me moving in so it's been painted over, and trying to shorten the length of the run would probably require some painting, which I'm not too keen on.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Amplifiers are "wonky" at best and rarely actually work too well. I had one from radio Shack and it didn't suffice, finally had to get Rogers in and he fixed everything and gave me the splitters they use at no cost and he boosted the signal strength significantly.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I have a forward amp on right now for the long run and it works fine, but I have it split at the tap so that I can hook up the cable modem without any forward amplification. The problem is that the modem now sits at the wrong end of the apartment. I want to run from the tap to the bidirectional amp, then split off from it so that I can use two way traffic off all the lines.

I may wire up the apt the way I want, then if it still isn't working correctly, I'll see if rogers can send a tech out to check the signal strength and install a correct amp if need be. Maybe they won't charge anything, and if they do, I'll see if I can pass it on to the landlord for not having the apartment wired correctly.

Thanks

Thread Information