CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

NFL Playoffs

The Arizona Cardinals are in the playoffs. Now that is something to laugh about. I confess to being a disappointed Patriots fan. Let's face it, were the playoffs determined on the basis of the best teams, the Cardinals would be lucky to make the BCS playoffs.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    San Diego is going to get in at 8-8, at least the Cards are 9-7. I think there's a great possibility the 4 wild card teams are going to be favourites over the division winners next week. Baltimore and Indy definitely will be over the Dolphins (my team!) and Chargers. Atlanta will probably be favoured over the Cards and the iggles will probably be favoured over Minnesota. That one is iffy though. Goes to show that winning a division doesn't mean much, there are definitely stronger teams outside of the playoffs than some of the ones inside.

***edit, just checked the early lines and it's Baltimore and Philly -3 over the Dolphins and the Vikes. Atlanta at -2.5 over the Cards. No line for the Indy game until the Denver-SD game is decided.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    As a Cowboys (and Senators) fan. this has been a very very very disappointing year for me sports team wise.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Indy (-1) @ San Diego

So the 4 road teams are favorite... interesting...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    This is just perfect for me! My buddies who love the Patriots, ha ha suckers!!! My buddies that love the Broncos, ha ha suckers!!! Plenty of room on the Dirty Bird Perch!!!!

So as for my super bowl prediction, gonna be rough for Pittsburgh now unless Big Ben gets his head right.

San Diego - Indy will be a great game. Atlanta should run all over Arizona, but defending that pass attack in perfect weather is going to be quite difficult!!! Philly should ride the big win momentum and stuff Minnesota. Miami-Baltimore is a tough one to call, gonna think about it.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'm trying to think of what gift would be the best to send to Michael Bush and JaMarcus Russell of the Raiders, after they knocked off T-Bay, and opened up the door for my Eagles to lay a whoopin on the Cowboys to get into the playoffs. I think a nice coffee mug that says "BOO YAH!" is appropriate.

That being said, I have no illusions of watching them take on Indy in the Superbowl, because there's one tough schedule in front of them. If they can keep playing hungry like they have for the past 4 games, then I think they could be a contender, but Philly just has a way of continually disappointing me.

I hope Arizona can show up and make the game somewhat interesting. Warner might have to pass for 600 yards to win the game.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    As a Cowboys (and Senators) fan. this has been a very very very disappointing year for me sports team wise.
    I hear you on both counts, pal. Bad year in sports!

So is anybody laughing at the Cardinals now? Are Philly fans wanting to throw McNabb and Reid out of the city? Do the playoff losses lessen the season accomplishments by the Falcons and Dolphins? On all three counts, I say NO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they won, but McNabb was no god on the field today. You can put most of it on his O-Line, but he was under pressure in the pocket all day, and didn't do a great job picking up the pressure. Towards the end of the game he started going to the hot route when there was pressure, but overall he held the ball to long and it led to one turnover and at least 2 close calls.

The real credit for that win goes to Jim Johnson and the Defense, specifically Dawkins. #20 laid some huge hits today and was after the ball all day. With the exception of the one blown gap that AP slipped through for the big run, Minny was basically shut right down in the Run game and the ball was put in the Rookies hand. I think he did a great job with all the pressure in his face, but ultimately it wasn't enough and my boys are headed to the Meadowlands.

I think I definitely need to put in an order for a #20 jersey.

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    Too bad for the Cowboys. . . Well, there's always the next season. . .

I can't believe Philly is going to the NFC championship game, this is Awesome! Even if their defence can get them by Arizona next week, I don't see how McNabb could lead them to a Superbowl with the constant stream of poor decisions he makes, but stranger things have happened.

Eli really shows his true colors without Plax there to go up 10 feet and snag those floaters away from an over-the-top D-back. They're a get ahead and pound the ball team, and when Eli is throwing the ball away they don't seem to have much of a plan to get back into it.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I just can't believe the road to the Super Bowl goes through Phoenix....and maybe San Diego too? Crazy playoff year.

I think Arizona's defence has been screwing with the entire football world's heads for the whole season...

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    The Arizona Cardinals are in the playoffs. Now that is something to laugh about. I confess to being a disappointed Patriots fan. Let's face it, were the playoffs determined on the basis of the best teams, the Cardinals would be lucky to make the BCS playoffs.
    ahem?

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Clearly, I know nothing about the NFL. Who are these guys that they can play so well at one moment and so miserably at others? This is a very unusual playoff year.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    ahem?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Clearly, I know nothing about the NFL. Who are these guys that they can play so well at one moment and so miserably at others? This is a very unusual playoff year.
    Future Golfers?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I also kniow nothong about football after going 1-3 yesteray with only Pittsburgh winning for me.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Conference games this weekend?

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not sure the Eagles will have a repeat of the blowout back in November. This will probably be a close game. The Eagles D went to town on the two run teams they faced already, so it will be interesting to see if the Wizz sticks with the same plan or decides to air it out a little more. You almost have to say the same thing about the Cards though too. They shut down Turner and Williams, and forced the QB's to go to the air where some really bad passes were made. If it comes down to a gun-slinging contest, I think we'll see Warner in the big game again, but I'm hoping that isn't the case.

As for the AFC, I'm hoping that the Ravens show up and make this a game, because if the Steelers just show up and do what they want like they did with the Bolts yesterday, it's going to be a no contest. Parker was awesome, and the receiving core probably did some of the best route running I've seen all year. I think Pittsburgh is going to walk away with this one handily.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Pittsburgh & Baltimore always play eachother tough but I think it will be an all Pennsylvania Superbowl on Feb. 1 this year.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Pittsburgh & Baltimore always play eachother tough but I think it will be an all Pennsylvania Superbowl on Feb. 1 this year.
    I'll second that. It would be a nice story to have Warner back there, however, the Cardinals have already done enough this year. Cinderella won't go any longer. Oh yeah, and Pitt wins their 6th title!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm still pimpin' my Bears Avatar. Are the playoffs going to be like "Big Brother" this year? Is there any chance the Bears could get voted back in?

I say Baltimore & Philly in the Superbowl if the above fantasy can't come true.
    Andrew

Thread Information