100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Who will be the first Senator traded?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spezza

11 57.89%
  • Phillips

0 0%
  • Vermette

3 15.79%
  • Schubert

0 0%
  • Someone else

6 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Trade Game

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

The Trade Game

Seems the natives are getting restless so lets see who you think will (not should) be the first Senator to be traded. Your choices are: Spezza; Phillips; Vermette; Schubert; someone else. Just had a look at the NHL web site and was surprised to see how poorly The Sens are playing. Only 5 players in the top 300 scorers, with #4 bring Kuba and #5 being Picard. Sad state of affairs

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I know he has an NMC, but I think Heatly.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    Well to see Vermette, Schubert and Spezza go would be AMAZING, but we all know Spezza is going no where even though he is really proving to this city that he is just collecting his $100,000 a game and putting out as little effort as physically possible!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Be crazy to get rid of Schubert. He can play both d and up front and plays a physical game. Vermette will prob be the only one that is shopable. Really if you look at their salaries and the way they are playing Ottawa has noone to shop around with without giving away more then they will get back. I say come in last place and get Tarves or Hedman.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I agree that Heatley is playing terrible. I think he's a bigger defensive liability than Spezza, because when he's not scoring he's basically useless. At least Spezza and Vermette can win faceoffs and move the puck up the ice, Vermette can kill penalties and works hard even when things are not going his way and Phillips is a stay-at-home defencemen and defence is NOT really the issue for this team.

Heatley is NOT scoring, he's causing a LOT more turnovers than anyone else AND he's taking a lot of stupid penalties because he just doesn't skate. I know Spezza has been everyone's favourite whipping boy in the past, but frankly I think Heatley's play has been much, much worse.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Be crazy to get rid of Schubert. He can play both d and up front and plays a physical game. Vermette will prob be the only one that is shopable. Really if you look at their salaries and the way they are playing Ottawa has noone to shop around with without giving away more then they will get back. I say come in last place and get Tarves or Hedman.
    WHAT? The guy is useless? The only place I'd put him on my team is on the wing of the 4th line, and lets be honest there are guys in the league who can be physical 4th liners for FAR less then $900,000 a year!!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    +/- Spezza +3; Phillips -12; Vermette -5; Schubert -4; Heatley 0

Sand Wedge paperclip is on a distinguished road
    Trade all of them, there must be someone you have that Montreal could use! Maybe the Leafs as well...

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Package deal of Vermette & Schubert for a D man, or a solid second line scorer. Vermette is clearly in need of a change of scenery and Schubert is a bum. Right off this year and give Brian Leee & Cody Bass some big time ice time too.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Spezzas ntc kicks in this summer , so he is the obvious one to move , and according to tsn insiders , a team has already asked about him (they wouldn't say who), but i think they would get a better trade for heatley , but they gotta ask him to waive his ntc, and if he doesn't , will that inspire him to play better for a team that wants to trade him? Its tough times in the Capital this time around.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Heatly maybe? I know the No trade but he must want to go somewhere and get set up soft goals. The Sens need someone to get the puck out of there zone with some speed. This means a big D. But who is out there right now? Not too sure, they could have got Redden back last week probably LOL.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I heard from a friend that works at a local sports radio station, that Heatley would be the first on the "big 3" to get traded.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I know he has an NMC, but I think Heatly.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I know its wishful thinking but would love a trade between Spezza and Staal. However i know that Carolina loves Eric. However they are both underachieving this year, 22 points a piece. Staal is signed until 12/13 for about an average of 7+ million starting next year, Spezza is signed til 12/13 for 8 million.

Both teams are looking in to the playoffs from the outside, although Carolina is in much better shape than Ottawa. I know wishfull thinking, but it would be nice.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    I heard from a friend that works at a local sports radio station, that Heatley would be the first on the "big 3" to get traded.
    Just makes sense. Heatley is next to useless on a rebuilding team as a completely one dimensional player. For someone looking towards the cup though, he's the kind of piece that can put a team over the top. A pure goal scorer. Imagine him on the Sharks, he'd score 60 goals playing with Thornton. So he's worth more than Spezza, he makes more than Spezza, and Spezza is more valuable to the Sens than Heatley would be if they start to rebuild. The only thing standing in the way is the NMC.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Just makes sense. Heatley is next to useless on a rebuilding team as a completely one dimensional player. For someone looking towards the cup though, he's the kind of piece that can put a team over the top. A pure goal scorer. Imagine him on the Sharks, he'd score 60 goals playing with Thornton. So he's worth more than Spezza, he makes more than Spezza, and Spezza is more valuable to the Sens than Heatley would be if they start to rebuild. The only thing standing in the way is the NMC.
    I'd take Heatley in a Sharks sweater!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Apperantly from what I have heard (so take it for what it is worth)the Senators believe is is not working hard and competing, he has become totall one dimensional waiting for the puck all the time and therefore his value has dropped within the organization.

But to the other teams that has not happened yet, so it makes him the most valuable asset for trading purposes, but not the most valuable asset within the organization.

Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Baxter
    The real problem is the whole team is playing bad and the value of all players is sitting very low at this time..So trying to make a Value for Value trade will and is difficult...The problem the Sens have is a simple one that has NEVER been addressed...They need a top second line player...They have never had this to go along with the top line...The other missing part is a top goalie....They are getting lucky with the goalies this year and that may allow them to move Gerber as a strong back up to another team.
    The biggest hole is on Defence....There is no one that can move the puck out of there zone..No wonder the goal scorers points are down...They get no back end help...That is what they need and they need it fast...I would not trade Spezza or Heatly but I would trade Alfie...They won't so don't worry Sens fans. But he is not a player that can make his Team better. He can make himself better but not raise his team. That being said the 3 big guys should stay with the Sens...12, 24, 4, 71 are the only players that should not be moved..l...Everyone else should be fair game and very tough to trade for a good player that could come in a help score goals....
    It would be very hard to do if I was GM but I would think about trading Spezza for Bauwmiester(not sure on spelling) out of Florida and only make the deal if I could get him signed to a long term deal. But by doing this trade you hurt your up front because you are already having trouble scoring goals. It's a tough call on how to fix this mess but the first 2 thing I would do is...Fire the GM has he has done nothing to make this Team better ( I like Brian) but for what he has done, he should be fired...and the Coach would gone as well...I have never thought he was the right guy for the job since day one...I would hire Ted Nolan as coach....Sorry for the long post....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

Dave

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    +/- Spezza +3; Phillips -12; Vermette -5; Schubert -4; Heatley 0
    Being that he's a D-man, plays against other teams top lines, and plays the PK, Phillips really doesn't deserve to be lumped in with these other chumps.
    I've heard the same rumours about Heatley which originated on the Team 1200, but I think he would wave his NTC in a heartbeat if he got a chace to go a contender.
    I'd like to see this team completely dismantled, with the exceptions of young guys like Bass, Foligno, and Lee. Now we just need a way to blame all this on Emery.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Why does everyone think Cody Bass is a good player? Typical overrating of our players. Bass will never play on a first or second line, so that means he is expendable. I also believe this about Foligno, although to a lesser extent.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Why does everyone think Cody Bass is a good player? Bass will never play on a first or second line, so that means he is expendable. I also believe this about Foligno, although to a lesser extent.
    Any player is expendable if the right deal comes along, but both Bass and Foligno bring an element of intensity that is lacking among many of the Sens players.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Any player is expendable if the right deal comes along, but both Bass and Foligno bring an element of intensity that is lacking among many of the Sens players.
    Intensity doesn't mean squat when you're 29th overall in GF. On the upside, Tavares is within reach now.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information