CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Question Swing Plane Sticks

Hey Gang,

I have been looking high and low for those sticks that you see in peoples golf bags that you can lie on the ground for your set-up or stick in the ground for your swing plane. Any idea what they are called, and where I could possibly find some?

Seen here in the pic I have attached.
    Attached Images

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I believe they are just the sticks you can buy from a home depot for your driveway to put reflectors on the top. That is the buzz in most golf forums anyway.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83746

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road

dowles

Quinner

Pop over to Home Depot and pick up some dowels.. under a buck a piece. Get the ones that are 4 1/2 feet long by 5/8 thick.

Thanks Guys, I will definitely have to do that. I am surprised the large company names haven't started branding these and selling them. I am sure there are more people like me that wouldn't think you get them at HD and would pay a stupid price. hmmmm....

Was at Home Depot today and I wasn't able to locate any of these sticks to pick up. They only had wood ones that I didn't think would work very well. Has any ever picked up some from the Depot or anywhere else?

5 Iron mysticalwarrior is on a distinguished road mysticalwarrior's Avatar

sticks

Canadian Tire Princess Auto

Hybrid keble is on a distinguished road
    I tried to find this for long time. in the end, I found the company's name, it's called Hy-ko driveway marker. so I called company, they don't sell any of this in Canada now. They sell these markers in US Home Depot. They are cheap, about 3-5 dollars each, if I remember it right..

Yeah I have looked at Home Depot and Canadian Tire and I haven't been able to locate these anywhere.

I remember many ppl in this forum need this driveway marker. If there's someone always traveling to US in this forum, we should get a group buy, and ask him for help.. IF we can make a GB here, I will take 10 markers. lol

7 Wood Stephen is on a distinguished road

plane sticks

People that have snow removal contracts have these sticks at the end of the laneway to locate the laneway and to show the width in the winter. I would think you could contact one of these snow removal companies.

I have seen them on my Mom's street.

good luck, I might follow up on your idea.

Stephen

3 Wood Dawg64 is on a distinguished road Dawg64's Avatar
    Try Rona stores they have them in several length but the one you want are the lowest cost.

I went to Rona before. The one they have is different. It's same material, but they are too long, and u have to remove the red reflect sign out by urself. The guys in PGA bought them for 3 reasons. 1, use for aligment in driving range. 2, they are 43 to 45 in length, just a bit longer than driver, so they can put it in golf bag. 3, they are really light.

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    Have any luck in finding these? I don't want to waste a night driving around from store to store if I can avoid it.

I have been trying to keep an eye out for them, however I haven't had any luck locating them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Guys, you're talking about just plain sticks with striped paint on them. Why do you need to have some special US-only ones, when you can go buy wooden dowels at any hardware store, cut them to length if needed, and if you're really keen on having that funky striped paint job, paint them with yourself? It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Guys, you're talking about just plain sticks with striped paint on them. Why do you need to have some special US-only ones, when you can go buy wooden dowels at any hardware store, cut them to length if needed, and if you're really keen on having that funky striped paint job, paint them with yourself? It's not rocket science.
    For the same reason why I play name brand equipment...because the pros do....
    I have no idea man, I could just buy the wooden ones, I just like the idea of them being some sort of plastic so I know they will last forever and ever...until I get frustrated and break them.

exactly quinner. there are some drills that you can do with these that don't work too well with wood because it will break or splinter. it's the same reason that using your umbrella isn't always the best idea...

5 Wood par72 is on a distinguished road par72's Avatar
    Toronto, former and often back Ottawanian
    Quote Originally Posted by keble View Post
    I went to Rona before. The one they have is different. It's same material, but they are too long, and u have to remove the red reflect sign out by urself. The guys in PGA bought them for 3 reasons. 1, use for aligment in driving range. 2, they are 43 to 45 in length, just a bit longer than driver, so they can put it in golf bag. 3, they are really light.
    4/1A. So they can throw the headcovers on them. Rather then sticking the putter, or crazy oversized wood covers in their bib they throw them on these things....the reason they often have two or more. many pros will leave their driver and putter headcovers off the entire round with the h/cs on these things...reasons being those clubs get used so often in the round, have their own section in a tour bag anyways, give the sponsor double their money....headcover and actual club coming out of the bag..and after all that...Id take couple if anyone missioned it to syracuse!
    Fairways and Greens!

hmmm.... road trip anyone? go and play turning stone for a weekend just to make it worth the drive! haha

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Another thread back from the dead

Found some. Lowes in Kanata has these. 48" fibreglass, orange or yellow, about $5 each.

When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    For the same reason why I play name brand equipment...because the pros do....
    I have no idea man, I could just buy the wooden ones, I just like the idea of them being some sort of plastic so I know they will last forever and ever...until I get frustrated and break them.
    I love how threads get revived. If they didnt I would miss out on reading fantastic replies like this! Too funny.

BTW....LobWedge...you probably have the funniest signature line on the forum! Classic.

Right then...... i'm off to Lowes.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilmidyke View Post
    BTW....LobWedge...you probably have the funniest signature line on the forum! Classic.
    Thanks. It's one of a gazillion great lines from Arrested Development. One of the best comedy series ever, and canceled way before its time.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Golftown... in Kanata they are back right beside the sims.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Thread Information