CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avery Suspended

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Avery Suspended

Bravo to the NHL for suspending Avery for his crass and callous 25 second utterance yesterday. Unfortunately, his suspension is unlikely to rehabilitate him as his mouth appears to operate one minute ahead of his brain.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I heard it on the Team. Stupid is as Stupid does...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'd be more impressed if the league were so proactive in protecting their players from head checking and other cheap shots.

There's no reason why they couldn't and shouldn't do both.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I'd be more impressed if the league were so proactive in protecting their players from head checking and other cheap shots.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Well, word out of Dallas is this might have been Avery's last day in a Stars uniform. Good luck shopping that $4 million salary around...

He seems like a kid looking for attention...and he has to up the ante so people still give a damn...

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    the part that i found the worst was that the cameras weren't even rolling. He asked the media to key up the mics and cameras because he had something to say, then talked about his sloppy seconds.

All I can tell you is that avery is lucky that Dion didn't get a chance at him.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    Well, word out of Dallas is this might have been Avery's last day in a Stars uniform. Good luck shopping that $4 million salary around...

He seems like a kid looking for attention...and he has to up the ante so people still give a damn...

I think the Stars will try to find a way to move him as well.
    This dolt thinks he's pure Hollywood, and like Paris or Britney, he doesn't care if the attention he gets is good or bad, just as long as he keeps himself in the headlines.
    I expect him to persue a singing/acting career after hockey ends for him. Which hopefully, will be soon.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Just to show that Brett Hull is incompetent to be a GM in the NHL. He gave him a 4 year 15,5 million dollars... and he is as useless as you can found.

He has 3 goals and 7 assists and keep disrupting the team... just a big mouth...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

I can't imagine that any woman would want anything to do with him. Worse yet, I can only imagine that his mom and dad cringed with embarrassment at his public meanness.

Hey Mike,

Jacques Demers was just saying yesterday how he had supper with his mom and dad in Toronto a few years back and that they were the nicest people in the world. He actually fell bad for them...

On another note, how do you enjoy Toronto? Are you all set-up now? Must be nice to be close to your daughter...

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Kick this guy to the curb The league does not need this.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I think he should do something with his attitude. . .

8 Iron littlelefty is on a distinguished road
    send him to UFC
    than lets see how tough he is

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Just to show that Brett Hull is incompetent to be a GM in the NHL. He gave him a 4 year 15,5 million dollars... and he is as useless as you can found.

He has 3 goals and 7 assists and keep disrupting the team... just a big mouth...
    wouldn't call him incompetent, there are many GM's in the league that have given far less productive players more money.... however when he starts disrupting his own team, its time for him to go ASAP

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    The 6 game suspension seems appropriate to me.
    I think the fact that Averys teamates have been fairly vocal in saying they don't want him back is worse than any punishment the league can hand down. Losing the respect of your peers is a kick in the crotch, but hey, who better to kick in the crotch than Avery!
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

The Stars can't even send him in the minors because their affiliate team (Winnipeg Moose) has refuse to take him twice now... They don't want him at all.

I don't think anger management is his problem but he definitely has mental issues...

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    the stars do not have an affiliate minor team, i beleive then that they can send him to a team of their choice, but in soem cases he would have to agree to go (if soem team liek say in russia etc)

but they do use other AHL teams , manitoba is one of them, but they can go to others as well..

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    The Denis Rodman of basketball, it's all marketing.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    He'll be in a Leafs sweater soon
    Oh wait, Fergie is gone and they now have a real GM.
    Maybe he will not become a member of the Leafs.
    But they do need a "Village Idiot" now that Tucker is gone.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Heard there is a "morality" clause in the NHL PA standard contract which could give the Stars an out. Heard Hull on tv tonight saying that buddy is going to go to get help. That indicates to me they're giving him a chance. Maybe if buddy goes, so goes Brett...

Hey Golfbum, remember the real GM sign Bertuzzi last year in Anaheim... he could go get S.A. this year...

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Heard there is a "morality" clause in the NHL PA standard contract which could give the Stars an out. Heard Hull on tv tonight saying that buddy is going to go to get help. That indicates to me they're giving him a chance. Maybe if buddy goes, so goes Brett...
    "Getting help" is a condition of his suspension/reinstatement, so I wouldn't read too much into it. He'll be going on waivers soon - whether an AHL team will accept him when he clears is another question entirely.

I hadn't realized there was a cure for foot-in-mouth disease.

If they can actually get him to reflect before he acts, then I'm all for it. However, he has to want to change. I'm not convinced that he does. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    ... Heard Hull on tv tonight saying that buddy is going to go to get help. That indicates to me they're giving him a chance. Maybe if buddy goes, so goes Brett...

Baxter
    I'm sorry but what he said was stupid....But to lose his job over it....That is Stupid.....There has been many things that have been worse,,, said and done in the NHL...I do not like Avery but lets get real here. If you saw the tape you can see he is trying to make a joke...a very stupid joke and a joke that is not funny, but come on, the reaction has been over the top...

Cheers,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I'm sorry but what he said was stupid....But to lose his job over it....That is Stupid.....There has been many things that have been worse,,, said and done in the NHL...I do not like Avery but lets get real here. If you saw the tape you can see he is trying to make a joke...a very stupid joke and a joke that is not funny, but come on, the reaction has been over the top...

Cheers,

Dave
    I totally agree, what he said was some of the dumbest things i have heard, but there have been many worse things in the NHL, stuff that disgraced the game ON THE ICE and players have still kept their jobs, Avery is a punk but that's it.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I totally agree, what he said was some of the dumbest things i have heard, but there have been many worse things in the NHL, stuff that disgraced the game ON THE ICE and players have still kept their jobs, Avery is a punk but that's it.
    IMHO this act was far worse then anything that could happen on the ice. It was premeditated and he thought it through very well, much different then getting emotional on the ice and doing something dumb in the heat of the moment.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

It is was he said and done in the last 4 years that has teams not wanting him... You can only go to the principal's office so many time before you really get it...

I don't think any team want him in their locker room... that is why his carreer might be over. Look at Emery last year, good enough to play in the NHL but his attitude is what got him to play in Russia and shortly Avery will be there too.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Dumb acts...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    IMHO this act was far worse then anything that could happen on the ice. It was premeditated and he thought it through very well, much different then getting emotional on the ice and doing something dumb in the heat of the moment.
    IMHO Bertuzzi's actions were inexcusable, and the consequences of Avery's action is miniscule by comparison. Whose life has he changed, whose livelihood has he destroyed? The people who support and condone Avery's acts are the ones who should be punished, Brett Hull take a bow.

Thread Information