100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar

Ski boot fitting in Ottawa?

I know this is a long shot on a golf forum, however I know there are a few skiers on OG.
    I took up skiing last winter, ended up doing a fair bit of it, and am planning on doing more. One mistake I did make though was in buying new boots a year ago, I bought them a bit too big. Now as the packing has settled in they are feeling a bit loose.
    My question is this: is there a place in Ottawa which can make modifications (put in pads etc.) to make the boots fit better? I did a search online and found bootfitters in Collingwood, Calgary and BC, but nothing in the Ottawa or Montreal area. As I live halfway, I would be happy to go to either city to have the boots adjusted.
    Anyway, if anyone knows of a good bootfitter within 100 KM who could maybe help with these, please let me know. Other than they are a bit loose, I love the boots and they are still in mint condition, so I would certainly rather have them adjusted than replace them completely.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    I know Lance (aka Pinshark) had purchased new boots several seasons ago from Dinardo's if I'm not mistaken. Can you confirm Peck??? I'd recommend them and T&L in the Ottawa area. How "a bit too big" are the boots? You might be better off selling them and buying new boots. As I've learned the hard way, new boots should feel a little tight/small. I would also suggest trying some foot beds, a cheap solution. Good luck.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    I know Lance (aka Pinshark) had purchased new boots several seasons ago from Dinardo's if I'm not mistaken. Can you confirm Peck??? I'd recommend them and T&L in the Ottawa area. How "a bit too big" are the boots? You might be better off selling them and buying new boots. As I've learned the hard way, new boots should feel a little tight/small. I would also suggest trying some foot beds, a cheap solution. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info Law. They're not that bad really, but I can feel my heel lift a bit and find myself 'clenching' my toes in the boot. I am a size 12 shoe and bought Size 12 boots. I may try footbeds as well, which should certainly help a bit, but it would be nice to put them in the hands of someone who can tell me if they can save them or if I should just go with new boots.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    A good friend of mine who's deep into the industry says call Frank at Dinardo's. You'll probably need to make an appointment. He says Frank is the fitting guru.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    The ONLY place in Ottawa is Dinardos in Bells Corners. I have been going there since my second pair of boots and Ill tell you there is no better fit. All the staff are very well trained. I spent an hour and a half last time I bought boots there it was great!
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Thanks guys. It looks like it will be Dinardo's
    I'm assuming they can adjust my current boots and don't just custom fit boots they sell? I will call them.

Thanks for the advice guys. I sent Dinardo's a email and Frank Dinardo replied to it in about 20 seconds. I was pretty impressed LOL!
    Heading up there this Saturday and looking forward to finally having my ski boots properly fitted.

Glad to hear it! I know you will be happy. Look forward to the best ski season you have ever had(boots wise anyway)
    PinShark

Thanks again for all the advice folks. I went to Dinardo's on Saturday and my ski boots were so big they were not even worth working on, although they were more than willing to give it a shot. I ended up going with a set of demo boots they had which were a perfect shell fit. Frank then installed custom heat-molded Superfeet Cork insoles.
    Although I spent far more than intended, it was a lot less expensive than purchasing new boots, and I was extremely happy with the fantastic service and finished product. I will definitely be doing future business at Dinardo's.
    Planning to head to Tremblant on Saturday morning to try out the new boots. I can see that next on my purchase list will be new skis and a new jacket

Glad to hear it. Should be some good skiing this weekend.
    PinShark

Thread Information