CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road

Golfworks Ottawa

I was happy to find the GOLFWORKS had opened a store front in Ottawa thinking that they would be able to meet my occasional needs for supplies.
    Unfortunately they have failed miserably in being able to supply my needs.
    In my 3 visits to the store front I have encountered, lots of staff but not always available to serve the customer, a Computer system that is used as a cash to print bills that the staff do not know how to use, the system is slow and on one occasion it was down and the staff could not even take money from the customers or check for stock.
    I have been trying to purchase a re-grip kit from these folks, in the kit form it is reasonably priced, as individual pieces it is costly. They seem to have the individual pieces but will not put them together to make a kit, they will only sell if it comes through the back door as a kit. They called me to say they had the kit, I arrived and they did not have the kit. They think the kit may be on the loading dock but the 2 fellows who are responsible for inventory are away playing golf for a few days so they can’t check the loading dock or move the inventory.
    These folks have NO flexibility, in my opinion are not SERVICE/CUSTOMER oriented and probably will not last in the Ottawa market. WHAT A BUSINESS.
    I am annoyed!!

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    I would be annoyed as well. Why not order it online?

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    I had a very similar experience - will never shop there again. Takes about 20 minutes after you enter the store for someone to help you - I commented to my friends that it was the one of the worse customer service experiences I have ever encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic
    I was happy to find the GOLFWORKS had opened a store front in Ottawa thinking that they would be able to meet my occasional needs for supplies.
    Unfortunately they have failed miserably in being able to supply my needs.
    In my 3 visits to the store front I have encountered, lots of staff but not always available to serve the customer, a Computer system that is used as a cash to print bills that the staff do not know how to use, the system is slow and on one occasion it was down and the staff could not even take money from the customers or check for stock.
    I have been trying to purchase a re-grip kit from these folks, in the kit form it is reasonably priced, as individual pieces it is costly. They seem to have the individual pieces but will not put them together to make a kit, they will only sell if it comes through the back door as a kit. They called me to say they had the kit, I arrived and they did not have the kit. They think the kit may be on the loading dock but the 2 fellows who are responsible for inventory are away playing golf for a few days so they can’t check the loading dock or move the inventory.
    These folks have NO flexibility, in my opinion are not SERVICE/CUSTOMER oriented and probably will not last in the Ottawa market. WHAT A BUSINESS.
    I am annoyed!!

Lob Wedge eye2's is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gwil
    I had a very similar experience - will never shop there again. Takes about 20 minutes after you enter the store for someone to help you - I commented to my friends that it was the one of the worse customer service experiences I have ever encountered.

Same here. I took my clubs in for re-gripping. It took a while to get served and when I went to pick up my clubs there were a couple of people ahead of me but I ended up waiting 40 minutes for my turn because they couldn't find anything in the back and the computer kept crashing and freezing. I strongly recommend staying away from Golfworks even if it may cost you a bit more elsewhere.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I have dealt with them for years, when they were called Criterion Golf(Dynacraft) and now as Golfworks Canada. Your frustration is understandable and going elsewhere for your supplies is certainly warranted. I would too, however, because of the volume of parts that I buy from them, I get a significant price break on everything and if I need something ASAP, I have it after a 25 minute drive and a 25 minute wait. Their computer system is connencted directly to Newark, Ohio, where Golfworks is located, and too often, at the busiest of times, that causes delays.

I wonder what affect a polite email or letter from those of you who have had problems, would do on improving things.

Shagging Balls upanddown is on a distinguished road upanddown's Avatar
    my experience there was much the same. i'll find somewhere else to purchase equipment.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Retail

While I have no preference for Golfsmith, golfworks,customclubshop,golfquip etc.. one thing you should understand is that Golfworks is not set up to be a retail store but rather a distribution centre. Of course it is going to take a while since there are no bar codes on any of their supplies and most everything is hand picked. To make things better I would suggest you send an email to the manager John O'Coin. I'll post his email later. Best if you go before 12 am and after 1:30 pm.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Take it up with John if you have any complaints. I will also send him a copy of this thread. Here is john's email; jocoin@golfworkscanada.com
    Mahatma Gandhi

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar
    I dealt with them when I decided that I wanted custum fitted clubs and although I mainly dealt with Wayne, I have nothing but the best to say about the service I received and the custumer service that Wayne provided me. No it is not a retail store where you can expect to go, buy your stuff and be out the door within 10 minutes, and it is easily explained by the fact that they take the time to answer all your questions about this shaft or this club head ; so when it is finally your turn to be helped you don't feel rushed or pushed to buy something within the next 5 minutes, they do take their time with each custumers and only talking for me I prefer someone who actually takes the time to listen to what I have to say and from there guides me toward the right equipment for me.
    It is the experience that I had with them but like I said I mainly dealt with Wayne who fitted me for the irons that I bought there.

Fairway Junkie CDELA is on a distinguished road CDELA's Avatar
    Agree with "golfmajic". Just today I called asking if they have a certain grip in stock...I describe it exactly and even provided the Golfworks order #.Was told they had lots in stock.Head over,and sure enough they have none in stock. Chose another grip,point out the exact one in the catalogue,tell them it's for a .600 UST shaft,bought a couple and left. 1/2 hour later I look at it closer & discover they've given me a woman's grip !! Back to the store again to pick up correct grip...at least he apologized. Last week bring a 3W in for them to cut and shorten by a little under 1/2"......simple enough ?...got club back almost a full inch shorter,with a "hack" grip installation and best of all 4 small chips on the front edge of the crown (the club was brand new). The fellow who worked on it denied any wrongdoing of course....end of arguement I was effectively told. I ended up going elsewhere to have the shaft lengthened by 1/2" and the grip properly installed. I'll still deal with them for product purchases,but wouldn't even remotely consider them to work on another one of my clubs again. As for the complaints of slow service,these are warranted for the most part.You can certainly get lucky if you go early/mid-morning....stay away at lunchtime.For their defenders who claim that they're not really a "retail" operation......if that's the case,then why set up a showroom in retail fashion ? Surely management is not oblivious to the servicing problems....why not take steps to alleviate it,starting with their archaic computer system ? Then again,perhaps "service and quality control" have simply been discontinued.

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Take it up with John if you have any complaints. I will also send him a copy of this thread. Here is john's email; jocoin@golfworkscanada.com
    Please, I wish you would send this thread to John Coin, I believe I have already had a conversation with this person. The attitude and message was send a note to Golfworks head office expressing my dissatisfaction.
    Once again great service!
    Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but if these folks wish to run a good successful business and continue to earn a living they need to improve customer service or close the store front so the public don't have to face to face them. They can hide behind a mail order business.
    Just my opinion.

Lob Wedge eye2's is on a distinguished road
    it is easily explained by the fact that they take the time to answer all your questions about this shaft or this club head ; so when it is finally your turn to be helped you don't feel rushed or pushed to buy something within the next 5 minutes, they do take their time with each custumers and only talking for me I prefer someone who actually takes the time to listen to what I have to say and from there guides me toward the right equipment for me.

My experience was certainly not as described above. When I had to wait 40 minutes for two people ahead of me, it wasn't because the guy behind the counter was answering questions or giving advice. His problem was two-fold: The computer wasn't working and he couldn't find anything "in the back". No where did I see anything resembling customer service.

As far as e-mailing someone - why bother? I had a bad experience and it seems I'm not the only one. There's plenty of competition out there so goodbye Golfworks.

same day

Quote Originally Posted by eye2's

As far as e-mailing someone - why bother? I had a bad experience and it seems I'm not the only one. There's plenty of competition out there so goodbye Golfworks.
    There is not plenty of competition when you want it the same day.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information