100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Baxter

Any One ever do the Sandals Resorts

Looking to book at a Sandals Resort....Any one ever been? What did you think? Was it worth the Extra Cash? Did you use the Butler service?

Thanks for any info....

They have some sweet deals for the new year...I guess bad times have left resorts out of the money. The one we are looking at was around 7K and it's down to 2K per person. Travel Agents say wait another week and a half or two and the price may drop even more...

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Dave

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I stayed at a Sandals in Cuba. Top notch everything. We just got the regular room and it was fine, you're not in it much anyways. The best thing is that there are no kids around so you can relax (I say this as a father) ;-).
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    I stayed at the one in Cuba as well. Top notch service and yes the best thing is there are no kids so you can relax. Would go back in a heartbeat
    Great Mojito's and Rum Punch

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    I agree, I stayed at the one in Cuba, worth the extra money for the quality of food, accomodations, infinity pool and great private beach. I forgot how much extra we paid (it wasn't alot) but I remember the great experience.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this. There are some great deals. Anyone ever been to any of the Sandals in Jamaica, unlimited golf!!

Baxter
    Thanks Guys...That is the Exact reason why we are thinking about going to Sandals....NO KIDS....

We are unable/don't want to go to Cuba...To much paper work for my Wife to go as she is American... We are looking at Jamaica.

Cheers,

Dave

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Thanks for posting this. There are some great deals. Anyone ever been to any of the Sandals in Jamaica, unlimited golf!!
    remember...you are there for your honeymoon!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    When I was in Cuba, all the Americans went to Mexico first, and then flew from Mexico to Cuba. No stamp was put in their passports, so no problems with INS when coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Thanks Guys...That is the Exact reason why we are thinking about going to Sandals....NO KIDS....

We are unable/don't want to go to Cuba...To much paper work for my Wife to go as she is American... We are looking at Jamaica.

Cheers,

Dave
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Baxter
    Thanks but we wish to play by the proper rules and are not willing to take the chance and Break USA Laws.

Cheers,

Dave

4 Iron SRT4SS is on a distinguished road
    I have been to Sandals Dunn's River in Jamaica. Unlimited golf and free shuttle to the course. I highly recommend it.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    Sandals Royal Carribean was fantastic (Jamaica). Easily the best all inclusive food I have experienced. Beach was private and immaculate. No golf included but shuttles to the other Sandals resorts in the area made experimenting with other restaurants simple. Room service, 24 hr food, sailing ,water skiing, scuba etc. all included
    If you have been to a number of other AI's you will notice the difference as soon as you arrive!

Pitching Wedge francois is on a distinguished road
    I have been to Sandals St-Lucia Grande four years ago and to Jamaica Dunn's River last year. Both offer unlimited golf. My observations:
    - The golf at St-Lucia is not an 18 holes, but alright.
    - It's pretty nice in Jamaica, but can be quite busy. The best time was to go early afternoon; most of our rounds were around 3-3 1/2 hours.
    - It's not free golf, since you are charged around US$20 a round, plus you are "expected" to tip the (compulsory) caddies. The going rate in Jamaica last year was US$20. The experience was well worth it.

Other than the golf, Sandals really pamper you; I have nothing but great things to say about it. Of the two I have done, St-Lucia was much nicer -- and more expensive. If you like scuba diving, it is offered free at both locations, but it's much better in St-Lucia.

Thread Information