CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stonebridge

Par gwil is on a distinguished road

Stonebridge

Ok - did it, joined Stonebridge for the season.

Has anyone else on this board joined or is considering joining this year? When I looked at quality, price, driving distance (in the car ) and # of tournaments it was a clear winner for me.

Enjoy the season.

Gerry

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by gwil

Has anyone else on this board joined or is considering joining this year? When I looked at quality, price, driving distance (in the car ) and # of tournaments it was a clear winner for me.

Enjoy the season.

Gerry
    I'm really considering it. It's just too far for me. It may have to be Canadian. I'm going to march off the KMS's and decide.

Andru - I was a member at the Canadian for 3 years. Nice course but a lot of tournaments - it would have been closer for me too - we live in Stittsville. I remember weeks where I was unable to get on because of tournaments - shotguns starting at 1pm etc.

Anyhow - best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I'm really considering it. It's just too far for me. It may have to be Canadian. I'm going to march off the KMS's and decide.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Unhappy Stonebridge and singles

I too considered SB for this year, unfortunately they don't fit in with the way I want to play. I want the ability to just head out early as a single and get in 9 before work or after work. At SB, no one goes out before the first tee time, you CANNOT book singles online, you have to call and get paired up with a group of 2 or 3, and other than the free small bucket you get no extra privileges for you $2K.

Enjoy your season I am envious, but it's Vieux Moulins for me this year! (I'll use the $$ I saved for treats at SB, EC etc...)

GarthM

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

still on the fence

I'm still considering it. I was hoping that at least one of the guys I regularly play with would take the punge as well. I definitely see myself at SB fulltime at some point in the next few years.

It would be nice to lock-in this year's price as the cost will certainly go up with the new clubhouse and other amenities. Also they may put a cap on the number if it gets too popular which could happen in the coming year.

I just wish they'd offer more club like features like official caps, men's league, club tournaments etc.. And also a junior program with affordable pricing would help sway me.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar

Also signed up at Stonebridge

My wife and I signed up yesterday. Our other possibility was Canadian... the price was almost the same but, as you and others have mentioned, Canadian is over-booked with tournaments and the pace of play is WAY too slow.

It's too bad that they're not going to have a league there this year. It would be nice to get an opportunity to meet the other 'members' and possibly line up a weekly game.

Sounds like they'll likely be open around the 3rd week of April although who knows what today's snow might do to that forecast.

If you're looking for somebody to play with, let me know.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by gwil

Enjoy the season.

Gerry

Par stinger is on a distinguished road
    Hi, I also joined. Just email me, for anybody who wants to play. Around an 8 hcp.
    Cheers

p.s. I am fairly new to this forum.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf
    My wife and I signed up yesterday. Our other possibility was Canadian... the price was almost the same but, as you and others have mentioned, Canadian is over-booked with tournaments and the pace of play is WAY too slow.

It's too bad that they're not going to have a league there this year. It would be nice to get an opportunity to meet the other 'members' and possibly line up a weekly game.

Sounds like they'll likely be open around the 3rd week of April although who knows what today's snow might do to that forecast.

If you're looking for somebody to play with, let me know.

Mike
    Can you establish an official RCGA handicap at stonebridge?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Can you establish an official RCGA handicap at stonebridge?
    I couldn't get to the Stonebridge website, but I think I remember reading that it was for playing privileges only, no RCGA memberships and such that a club membership would bring.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

5 or 7?

gwil, mjf, stinger and any other SB "members", did you buy the 5 day or 7 day pass? Any word on how many they have sold?

I know that by buying now you lock-in your price for next year but I wonder if you can switch from a 5-day to a 7-day and keep this year's 7 day price next season?

As for league play, if there is enough interest I'm sure an "unofficial" men's league could be started until the course mgmt steps up to provide organized league play.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

My wife and I purchased the 7 day membership...what else would we do on the weekends

I do not know what the policy is with respect to pricing and changing package options. You could call Peter at the course and ask.

They had sold only about 10 when I was there a couple of weeks ago - so I was told.

Cheers,
    Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag
    gwil, mjf, stinger and any other SB "members", did you buy the 5 day or 7 day pass? Any word on how many they have sold?

I know that by buying now you lock-in your price for next year but I wonder if you can switch from a 5-day to a 7-day and keep this year's 7 day price next season?

As for league play, if there is enough interest I'm sure an "unofficial" men's league could be started until the course mgmt steps up to provide organized league play.

Par stinger is on a distinguished road
    I bought a five day membership knowing that I can upgrade to seven days by June 1st by paying the difference in price (400$). The reasoning is that my friends are public players and I love eagle creek, loch march and the marshes too much, hence they will be saturday courses for me. Sunday, well, family day so no golf...

I think it really is too bad that they are not treating us like members. Hopefuly next year will be better with the clubhouse being built. It seems that they have pushed the finishing date to next spring instead of this september.
    As for the league, we should totally get together.

Cheers

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I believe my wife and I were numbers 28 and 29 for the 7-day members. I don't think they had sold many 5-day passes.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag

Thread Information