CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Honeymoon w/GOLF!

Hey guys, soooo i'm tying the knot April long weekend in 09 and my one responsibility (god bless my fiancee's sole) is to organize the Honeymoon. We are thinking of perhaps hitting Hawaii but it's pretty damn expensive. We are looking for a place with great weather, beaches, food and golf. Any ideas are welcome!!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Paradisus Punta Cana.
    http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hotel...digoHotel=5889
    http://www.paradisuspuntacana.travel/

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hey guys, soooo i'm tying the knot April long weekend in 09 and my one responsibility (god bless my fiancee's sole) is to organize the Honeymoon. We are thinking of perhaps hitting Hawaii but it's pretty damn expensive. We are looking for a place with great weather, beaches, food and golf. Any ideas are welcome!!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Went to Negril, Jamaica, was awesome!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    How about California, I guess it's not that cheap either but it fits all of your criteria. And if you can swing it, I'd still hit Hawaii, especially if you can get off Oahu to Kauai, Maui or the big island. We spent a week on the big island in 04 and it was amazing, and not too bad price wise. That was before Aloha air folded though, not sure how expensive it is to get around the islands now. If you're limited to Oahu, the north side is incredible.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I think if we do Hawaii it would be Maui and probably stay and play at Kaanapali. We tossed around Spain too but it's too expensive. I wanted to play valderrama and it's 500$ a round!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I stayed there about 6 years ago. very nice place and amazing beach though we didn't play golf.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Cocotal golf is really nice. I, as well as a number of other people on the forum have played it.
    I put is as equivalent to Emerald Links at its best, as far as condition is concerned.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I've been to Punta Cana a few times and stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro and played golf most days. Some people don't seem to like that course but I had no complaints as it was some winter golf and the course was quite a good test.
    I was in Maui about 5 years ago and stayed and plalyed Kaanapali a number of rounds. It's very expensive but I never had a problem getting on.
    My daughter got married in Mexico and I played a couple of rounds at Playacar which wasn't too bad.
    Good luck in your decision and future wedding.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    two words: las vegas.
    Andrew

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I played a couple of the same courses Gerry has played. Playacar was a nice golf course, if you don't hit it into the iguanas! I have a bunch of pictures from the course I will post for you later. We stayed at Bahia Principe Akumal and it was only about 40 minutes away from the resort. $180 for the round at Playacar. Under 3 weeks until I go back to get hitched myself, but dont' know if the clubs are accompanying me this time.

I would strongly recommend that you stay away from the Dominican at all cost. No offense to anyone who may be from there, but it's insanely easy to get into the country, and we had a huge pain trying to get out. Thank goodness our plane was late. The resort (Barcelo Bavaro) did not live up to the 4 star rating it was given. Water from the shower above us was leaking into the first room we had. Yum! The golf course was nice though. We got a package that allowed us to play 3 rounds for free + $60 US cart rental lol. Still, was worth the $60. Carts were optional after 2pm in January. The people that we flew back to Canada with stayed at one of the Bahia Principe resorts and loved it. So I guess the resorts have different rating systems!

Hawaii would be cool to go to, and if you could afford to do it now rather than when you have to pay for lil'uns, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Check out tripadvisor.ca (?? or .com) for info.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Thread Information