100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Yes, I am asking Nov 23rd

Ok, so I was born an raised in northern Ontario and this balmy weather is just fine to hit the pill. I know it will not be too warm but Sunday looks better since it will be a little warmer and not as windy as Saturday. Provided that there is at least one course open then I am going to play (even if I have to drive a bit further). Maybe Nation, lots of trees to prevent the nasty wind from cooling things down too much.

Now, who is as brave as me to get out and play in this chilly November? I know Reza has banished his clubs to the basement but there must be some others who are as brave (stupid) as me. Let's hear it.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I would probably be up for that. I would expect Nation, Falcon Ridge, Cedar Glen and LVM would all be open around noon when/if the frost is gone.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I would probably be up for that. I would expect Nation, Falcon Ridge, Cedar Glen and LVM would all be open around noon when/if the frost is gone.
    -11 Saturday night, high of -2 on Sunday, I wish you guys the best but that's optimistic even for golfers, isn't it? Would a course open if it doesn't get above freezing?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Frost is bad but frozen is not a problem as I was told.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    denial: refusal to admit the truth or reality
    Andrew

De Nile... not just a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Frost is bad but frozen is not a problem as I was told.
    I've been told the same thing. The only problem with frozen is that on approach shots your ball can react like it hit the cart path!

Yep. That plus you can't feel your fingers.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    denial: refusal to admit the truth or reality
    You have no clue what your talking about, I fully admit to refuse the truth about the reality that the season is over

Figure that one out.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

So far we have 3 guys who will not admit the truth or reality, anybody else?
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    If I were still in town and feeling chipper, you'd have a foursome. Keep playing. It's one less week you'll have to wait for next golf season. Besides any day on the course is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post

Thanks Mike, I look forward to coming to your end of town next summer.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Where have you decided on going?
    I might be up for some golf this weekend.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Might is a good operative word here as there might not be anything open. I will keep an eye on the closings and let every one know what is open and we can head there.

That's it we are now 4 guys who might be stupid enough to deny the truth and reality of the weahter and go golfing on Sunday
    Lefty Lucas

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I had to go and look! Lefty--are you nuts?? -5 when you connect with your ball it will be like hitting a frozen horseball on the road----then you'll feel your fingers!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

No, not at all, I just am refusing to admit the truth, plus I am going to 1) use McGoos special trick and microwave my golf balls 2) use Reza's trick and have my winter golf mits with the hot paw inserts 3) bring some high percentage octane to fuel myself 4) Laugh all day long and tell my fellow players that we are nuts!!
    Lefty Lucas

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I will be definitely playing this weekend and would love to join you but I think we're going to head down to Lancaster where it is a bit warmer . We usually can play well into December at the Heritage Golf Course there.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Well the weather looks the same there as here but maybe your -1 is warmer than ours
    Lefty Lucas

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    My clubs are still in the car still wanting to get out, we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I will be definitely playing this weekend and would love to join you but I think we're going to head down to Lancaster where it is a bit warmer . We usually can play well into December at the Heritage Golf Course there.
    Don't they have a Grey Cup special every year with a meal and golf, etc. - regardless of the weather?

... might be worth a little road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I had to go and look! Lefty--are you nuts?? -5 when you connect with your ball it will be like hitting a frozen horseball on the road----then you'll feel your fingers!
    Geez man, have you ever played hockey outdoors before?

I've golfed in below zero weather and so has NoBack (among others). As long as the wind stays down and you're prepared for it, then its really no big deal.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I wish you guys luck! Id be there if I could.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Lance, I still remember the time we played Meadows and there was still and inch of snow on the greens at least until the 3rd of 4th hole. There's nothing quite like a well struck putt turning into a snowball!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    I wish you guys luck! Id be there if I could.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Lance, I still remember the time we played Meadows and there was still and inch of snow on the greens at least until the 3rd of 4th hole. There's nothing quite like a well struck putt turning into a snowball!
    Don't think I will ever forget that round, its great when a terrible chip gets stopped by a snowball on the green.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Well if nothing is open here we can head to Heritage, Apex1972, do they have a Grey Cup special?
    Lefty Lucas

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    My last game last year was Nov 11 at Casselview. It was nice to be out in the cold yet the only drawback was that greens were frozen so if you hit the green the ball jump as high as hitting cement. (Not fun).

Good luck.

Hey Albero, I know what you mean I was at Greensmere last Nov and the 9th green still had some ice on it and you would hear the coolest echo when the ball hit, it also skyrocketed of the surface.
    Lefty Lucas

Still 5 local courses open for our weekend game
    Lefty Lucas

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Don't they have a Grey Cup special every year with a meal and golf, etc. - regardless of the weather?

... might be worth a little road trip.
    Yes they do Terry! That's actually not a bad idea LOL! I will have to check.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

I have no lcue why we are getting such a hard time, there are others out today and it is just as cold as it will be on the weekend.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information