100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Gatineau Opened at noon

Just heard through the grapevine that Gatineau is opening today at noon. Have not called to double check myself but that's the scuttlebutt.

Too bad I gotta work.

GarthM

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Owner just told me Wednesday.

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

Played there today1

It opens 9 holes, the other 9 are too wet i think. You can play 18(27!) by going around twice or three times. They charge full price. I played 13 holes(9+4). It was wet but hey it's the end of March and we are golfing.

ENJOY.

Thom

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Yep! Called yesterday and they are definitely opened!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

wow... this place is soaked

I went to Gatineau today for my first round of the year and took a beating. Sigh... guess I'm back to a 18 handicap again for the tour. Anyways.... the place is flooded and a quarter of the holes are filled with water that has the uncanny resemblence of urine in terms of smell and color. I've washed my hands 3 times now and it still feels dirty. (no... i wasn't playing in it. I sank a bogus birdie from 20 ft somehow and had to pick it out). The greens/browns are either crispy or wet like a sponge and are at most about a 4 in the stimp meter. I also lost about 5 balls in the fairway off the tee because once it hits the ground it seems to crater/burrow into the mud. Wicked good fun. Oh, and the full 18 was open.

By the way.... for all the people that have been hitting balls at the range - do you find that your distances seem to be alittle shorter? Is it the weather, or my sneaking suspicion of my gross ineptidude of being able to swing a club?

Yun

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yun
    I went to Gatineau today for my first round of the year and took a beating. Sigh... guess I'm back to a 18 handicap again for the tour. Anyways.... the place is flooded and a quarter of the holes are filled with water that has the uncanny resemblence of urine in terms of smell and color. I've washed my hands 3 times now and it still feels dirty. (no... i wasn't playing in it. I sank a bogus birdie from 20 ft somehow and had to pick it out). The greens/browns are either crispy or wet like a sponge and are at most about a 4 in the stimp meter. I also lost about 5 balls in the fairway off the tee because once it hits the ground it seems to crater/burrow into the mud. Wicked good fun. Oh, and the full 18 was open.

By the way.... for all the people that have been hitting balls at the range - do you find that your distances seem to be alittle shorter? Is it the weather, or my sneaking suspicion of my gross ineptidude of being able to swing a club?

Yun
    Sounds like waiting about two weeks is a fairly good idea. Are they charging full price? Do they give you the little coupon for a free round later in the season?

Damn Gatineau. It's so close by that it's very tempting... Maybe Champlain will have better conditions? Les Vieux Moulins maybe?

DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Sounds like waiting about two weeks is a fairly good idea. Are they charging full price? Do they give you the little coupon for a free round later in the season?

Damn Gatineau. It's so close by that it's very tempting... Maybe Champlain will have better conditions? Les Vieux Moulins maybe?

DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN
    34 bucks to chase a ball around in mud. And you get a free coupon to go back within a month.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yun

Yun
    Range balls tend to be a combination of high compression, so they last longer, thick skinned, so they last longer, or limited flight, so the range can be shorter. When I'm at the range, I'm working on my swing, ball fligght and distance is a bonus. Sometimes the balls are old and out of balance, so hooks/slices can be exagerated. Also in this colder weather, they will usually be shorter, due to the high compression/thick skin/restricted flight
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information