100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

2 Strange Situations at TPC

That Poulter incident where his physiotherapist went in the creek to look for his ball and Garcia clubbing his club in the bunker were definitely strange and I think unfair rulings, it was clear Poulter did not mean to put his ball in the water and it was also clear that Garcia did not know he went back in the bunker. Ah well, that's what makes golf so intriguing! :jitter
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    That Poulter incident where his physiotherapist went in the creek to look for his ball and Garcia clubbing his club in the bunker were definitely strange and I think unfair rulings, it was clear Poulter did not mean to put his ball in the water and it was also clear that Garcia did not know he went back in the bunker. Ah well, that's what makes golf so intriguing! :jitter
    What were the rulings? I don't know how I missed this, since I was glued to the TV the whole time....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    What were the rulings? I don't know how I missed this, since I was glued to the TV the whole time....

Dan
    THe Poulter incident.

After marking his ball on the green Poulter accidentally threw his ball into a greenside water hazard. If he lost the ball he would be have been penaliized 2 strokes. So his PT jumped in the pond and found the ball for him with no penalty.

I don't know about the Sergio incident.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

hahaha

I don't know how I missed this, since I was glued to the TV the whole time....

Maybe when you got up for another beer? Dont worry Dan, I saw the tail end of it and didnt know what happened either. Until now of course.

But how does one "accidentally" "throw" his ball in the water in the first place?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam

Maybe when you got up for another beer? Dont worry Dan, I saw the tail end of it and didnt know what happened either. Until now of course.

But how does one "accidentally" "throw" his ball in the water in the first place?
    Maybe he was busy checking out his hairdo in his compact and thought he was throwing the ball to his caddy?

Don't take that as anything but a joke guys... I know everyone in here is a little sensitive to comments like that, but I assure you I mean it in good fun....... :shake

Dan

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Dan
    Here is more info about the Piulter incident:

http://pgatour.com/tournaments/story/r011/7214494

The Garcia incident happened when he was in a bunker that surrounded the green, blasted out but when back into the bunker across about 25 yards, he did not know he was back in the bunker, he then took a practice swing and hit some sand as we often see them do, but he was still in the bunker therefore not allowed to touch the sand.

Geez, I guess those new non-fat beers hit some people harder then others (ie: Broken27).........just a joke
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Geez, I guess those new non-fat beers hit some people harder then others (ie: Broken27).........just a joke
    It's just not the same without the fat.... Mmmmm.... Fat......

Seriously though, has anyone ever tried one of those beers?

Dan

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's just not the same without the fat.... Mmmmm.... Fat......

Seriously though, has anyone ever tried one of those beers?

Dan
    After CONSIDERABLE testing, I've come to the conclusion that the Labatt Sterling is the best of the low-carb beer options. It's by far the best beer flavour of the three.

The Sleeman Clear would be my second choice, but you need to have it REALLY cold, a la Corona. It's got a really sharp taste and is good with a lime wedge. I can see me drinking this on on a really hot day.

The Molson Ultra is moose pee. I just can't get that one to taste good (no matter how many I have. ) It's got a really flat flavour and leaves an odd aftertaste.

BTW, they are still up there in the alcohol department, between 4-5 %, so there's still enough kick.

Happy (and responsible) drinking.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    After CONSIDERABLE testing, I've come to the conclusion that the Labatt Sterling is the best of the low-carb beer options. It's by far the best beer flavour of the three.

The Sleeman Clear would be my second choice, but you need to have it REALLY cold, a la Corona. It's got a really sharp taste and is good with a lime wedge. I can see me drinking this on on a really hot day.

The Molson Ultra is moose pee. I just can't get that one to taste good (no matter how many I have. ) It's got a really flat flavour and leaves an odd aftertaste.

BTW, they are still up there in the alcohol department, between 4-5 %, so there's still enough kick.

Well, I'm not particularly concerned with carbs, so I'll continue drinking my Czech beers and Labatt 50. Neat that there's an actual developing market for this stuff though. I wonder if in 20 years we'll have ads on TV for "you need MORE carbs!!! Atkins nonsense disproven!!!" or something.

Cheers,
    Dan

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge

I agree that the Sterling is the best, but that 900 yards of foil around the neck is a pain, guess I have to drink out of a glass like a girl

Thread Information