CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: How many Index Points did you drop?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

26 45.61%
  • 4-6

16 28.07%
  • 7-9

13 22.81%
  • 10+

2 3.51%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    From the 13's to 9.5. Short game showed some promise this year although went sideways this fall. Now that I've crept into single digits my goal next year is improving scoring.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    Started the golf season in April as a 2.1. The index creeped up to 3.1 during June, but managed to get it down to a +0.2 at the beginning of October. Ended the season officially as a +0.0. First time ever being scratch!

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Same year as Little Brit... came in with the goal of breaking 90, did it a half dozen times and managed an 84. I'm sitting at 18.7 now, but dropping my index wasn't my goal this year, instead it was a bunch of smaller goals, like increasing GIR, triple bogey free rounds, break 30 putts per round, break 40 on 9 (hit 40 a few times but didn't break it), get an eagle (came close a few times but couldn't convert) and just generally keep the ball in play more often. Very pleased with the progress, especially considering I only got to play 25ish rounds this year. Already working on next season's list of goals.

3 Wood Kiwi-man is on a distinguished road Kiwi-man's Avatar
    Started the season off as a 26.5 and went down to as low as 16.2 I have levelled off at 17.2 now though. I owe it all to my Mizuno MX-25 irons...they just so happen to be for sale in the classified section

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi-man View Post
    Started the season off as a 26.5 and went down to as low as 16.2 I have levelled off at 17.2 now though. I owe it all to my Mizuno MX-25 irons...they just so happen to be for sale in the classified section
    That is priceless but I want to know when will golf clubs realise that they must continue to perform well or they will see the classifieds in short order!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    That is priceless but I want to know when will golf clubs realise that they must continue to perform well or they will see the classifieds in short order!!
    Have to make room for the MP-60's

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Yep nothing better then playnig a round with a forum member and get back home only to find some of these under performing clubs for sale!

I think we have all done it

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I hope that they have the same affect on your HC index as their predecessor. Its not always the case. I have reverted back to Callaway after a 4 year search for something better. Best decision I ever made was to go back to them.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hey Chris, I think we did that last time we played!!!
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Hey Chris, I think we did that last time we played!!!

i'm sure we did but i am happy to announce that there has been no movment in my bag for over 5 months now!

That's very good Chris, me too although I have made several purchases the only thing that has changed is the 3 wood. Lots in the garage to sell this winter on Ebay!!
    Lefty Lucas

I hope that they have the same affect on your HC index as their predecessor. Its not always the case. I have reverted back to Callaway after a 4 year search for something better. Best decision I ever made was to go back to them.
    Too early to tell and some other forum members thought I should keep the 25's for a while to be sure. I am a bit of a gambler though and I am betting that I will like the MP-60's once I am used to them.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Too early to tell and some other forum members thought I should keep the 25's for a while to be sure. I am a bit of a gambler though and I am betting that I will like the MP-60's once I am used to them.
    Some still think that.....

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Some still think that.....
    Could have been worse Dave...I could have kept the MP-32's.
    Nice avatar by the way...that guy looks familiar

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Nice avatar by the way...
    The samatar is there to remind me that I should never try to grow a wispy mustache or goatee. Works like a charm.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I reduced my index by 4.6. At the first of the season I was 10.7 then by June I was 12.4. At the end of the season I was 7.8. I was fluctuating between 9 and 11 for most of the summer. However I don't think I got better just got luckier.
    Equipment is changing this year to all new stuff. We'll see what goes and what stays.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Equipment is changing this year to all new stuff. We'll see what goes and what stays.
    All PING???
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Gap Wedge rowsie is on a distinguished road
    Dropped mine from a 3.4 to a 1.6

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    The funny thing is my Hdcp didn't drop much from 12 to 10 but I was hitting the ball a lot better. I even told my wife i July how I just love how I was hitting the ball. Why the hdcp doesn't drop more ... I don't know. I am really consistent... usually between 80 to 85.... I had a 78 which was awesome... Hopefully this year with the better contact the index will go in the single digit...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Mine started at 7.something, went up to above 9, and ended at 6.2.

The performance report that you get on the RCGA website is pretty ugly.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Adska View Post
    Started the golf season in April as a 2.1. The index creeped up to 3.1 during June, but managed to get it down to a +0.2 at the beginning of October. Ended the season officially as a +0.0. First time ever being scratch!
    So? You've only won the Club Championship two years in a row.
    (One to tie and two to take the lead. )

How does it feel knowing that we are ALL coming after you?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I think I dropped from 10.5 to 10.1. Wow. However, I did have my best year so far. I shot 77 in one of our club qualifiers, and managed to reproduce the score outside the handicapping season at Greensmere at the end of the season. Lookout 2009 season, I smell the single digits!
    Andrew

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I think my index got to around 4 during the year but my knee really started to feel much better around August and the index dropped down to around 1.3 by the end of the year. I was actually shooting under the ratings of a couple of courses near the end of the year until I got a slight case of tendinitis in the right arm that put a damper on the end of the season. On a high note I got to play Thunder hill from the thunder tees at 7504 yards, I came in with a 79(after boogieing the last 2 holes.) I was happy with the way I played and came in with the same ball I started with which is saying something with like a bazillion lakes and ponds on the course. Well after talking to the guy in the pro shop he says did you look at the course rating and slope to which I replied No, The rating was 78.5 (par 72)with a 152 slope!!!. So I guess it was a good round of golf after all. But I have to tell you I was wore out after that round of golf cause the course just didn't give you a break on any hole, It definitely deserves to be among the 50 toughest courses in the U.S.

3 Iron Simonlap is on a distinguished road Simonlap's Avatar
    Dropped mine from 25 to 17 over last summer. It helped that I went from playing maybe 15 times a year to well over 60 during the past season. More playing time = much more consistent scoring!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    So? You've only won the Club Championship two years in a row.
    (One to tie and two to take the lead. )

How does it feel knowing that we are ALL coming after you?
    I'm thinking of joining the club as well, just so that I can throw my hat into the ring and take a run at dethrowning him! However if he is sitting on a scratch, I might have to take out at least one arm, if not an ear.

I don't know if I improved my cap this year but I do feel that my ballstriking is getting MUCH better and the putter started to slowly turn around at the end of the year. I would say my range of scores this year was between 70-77 rather than 70-85 like last year, so i guess my good rounds stayed the same, but i was able to salvage more of those 'off' days.

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar
    Don't keep an Hdcp, but my overall game is way better (thank you Marc Levac). In the past 5 year, I only played 2 games in the 80's, but in the last 2 months I've had 8 games in the 80's with a personal best of 84 (twice).

I also wish I would have switched to a long putter years ago

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I haven't improved since I started keep track of my index about 5 years ago. I am what I am. I think I could if I could play/practice more, but I am pretty limited these days. Playing 20-25 games a year isn't a recipe for improvement.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Just need a grip change JC!!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I am what I am. I think I could if I could play/practice more, but I am pretty limited these days. Playing 20-25 games a year isn't a recipe for improvement.
    Agreed! If I can play "bogey" golf then I'm satisfied, in that I don't practice. Can't complain if you do nothing about it. What I did improve in is my enjoyment of the outing. I took pressure off myself by NOT keeping track of my score/handicap. By enjoying the time between the shots more, my surroundings and my companions. Also worked on thinking around the course a little more and perhaps I saved a stroke or two in not going for "it" all the time.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I'm not too worried about score, I like to play well and that's relative. I know the game is in there but getting out once every week or 2 is tough to gain any consistency and avoid the odd big number. I still track my index, but know without more play/practice it's not going anywhere. I do enjoy just getting out, the company, the weather and making the odd birdie and a number of pars. My driving has pretty much stunk this year, my iron play hot and cold but my short game, and in particular my sand play and putting has been excellent. Go figure.

I'd love to devote 1 summer to golf via lessons, practice, and playing 5 times a week to see what I could do. All i can do is dream about that though.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information