View Poll Results: How many Index Points did you drop?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

26 45.61%
  • 4-6

16 28.07%
  • 7-9

13 22.81%
  • 10+

2 3.51%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Question Did your game improve at all this summer?

Just curious who's index dropped the most this summer. I was fortunate enough to drop my index around 6 points. Went from a 13.7 to 7.4. Have to thank Greg Foley and the short game practice I did this winter.

It's amazing how confident you can be when your short game improves dramatically.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Dropped the index 2.5 points...but had the index up 5 last year due to some "swing issues". Learning to relax and swing easier again. Amazing, less effort, better results...

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Mine is like superman.....up up and away!!!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Started the year at 7.1 (or there abouts) went all the way up to 9.something and fought it back down to 6.3.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Early in the year mine climbed to nearly 8 for a while and has now settled back to 3.7. Thank goodness.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I guess I should have put in a poll response surrounding one's index going up...I guess the cup is half full with this guy.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    pretty much the same as i finished, which is the same as its been for about 5 years since i started tracking it....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Mine went down 6.2 started at 18.6 finished at 12.4. Drove the ball better then ever this year and found my putter stroke for once!

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    I retired and played more golf than I have since my teens. And my handicap went up. Maybe I should go back to work.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Started the season a 36, ended a 28, mostly done in the last 2 months of play Us mega-cappers have a lot more room to move and generally only one way to go
    Wannabe Golf

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    UP from 0.9 to 1.2 However, have started working on a couple of swing changes for '09 and already see improvement in the consistency of my driving and the irons. With a winter of practice, perhaps the trend can be reversed. I just need 50 more yards off the tee to be only 25 yards behind Thunder.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Pretty much the same as last two years 13,but i find the course were we are this year tougher to score.Smaller greens and lots of undulations in fairways make it harder for me to score so maybe i did improve just a bit,but watch out next year,LOL.

3 Wood Skiddlydidly is on a distinguished road Skiddlydidly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    Started the season a 36, ended a 28, mostly done in the last 2 months of play Us mega-cappers have a lot more room to move and generally only one way to go
    lol! 'mega-cappers'. I like that.

I feel I've improved, but my 'cap hasn't had a chance to show it yet. Still 36, but I expect it to drop alot in the spring.
    Sucking at golf is it's own reward.

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    i dropped from a 14 to a 7
    funny thing is i couldnt hit a ball off the tee if my life depended on it from june until now
    short game and putting was wicked tho
    now if only i could drive like last year and hit wedges like this year

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    25.2 to 9.8

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    My handicap went up a little, while my average score went down a little. However, I'm going to Vancouver next week and bringing my clubs - so that could still change.

I've found more distance off the tee this year, but I'm still "directionally challenged" and my chipping still sucks.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well I am almost exactly where I started the year so no real change. No consistency at all. Some great games and then really bad ones. Games where I was striking the ball well but could not score well. I was down to 11 a few years ago but gradually moved up the scale.I guess its back to winter lessons again.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Down & Up

Good poll, but my reply needs some explanation. Started at/near 19+, dropped to 15.2 then ended at 18.4, typical for me. I keep (too many) stats but played only 50 rounds (avg last 2 years 65). Improved in putting, chip-ins, -1, +2 and GIR, but only marginally. Lost ground in score avg., 1 putt, par, +1 and +3's. Frustrating to repeat the annual pattern of peaking in Jul/Aug then falling back to almost where I started at the beginning of the year.

That happen to anyone else???

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    25.2 to 9.8
    really? that is outstanding. 15 strokes in one year.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, thats quite a jump, see DOMO on the PGA tour in the next couple of years
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Yes, thats quite a jump, see DOMO on the PGA tour in the next couple of years
    Errr, nope. Playing on (what seems to be) a slightly over-rated set of courses (Greyhawk) seems to help. Driving the ball well and longer than some makes it easier to score there. I am quite capable of launching my game into mid to high-90s too, especially on target-style golf courses.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Opposite for me started the year at 3.8 and am now an 8.8!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    This was a disappointing year for me. I started having back trouble near the end of the first round of the year and it got progressively worse. To the point that my usual 230-240 yards drives down the middle, with a little draw turned into total spraying of the ball around 200 yards.

The last month or so, I have only been playing for the love of the game and the fact that winter was coming.

Handicap stayed the same....
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Good poll, but my reply needs some explanation. Started at/near 19+, dropped to 15.2 then ended at 18.4, typical for me. I keep (too many) stats but played only 50 rounds (avg last 2 years 65). Improved in putting, chip-ins, -1, +2 and GIR, but only marginally. Lost ground in score avg., 1 putt, par, +1 and +3's. Frustrating to repeat the annual pattern of peaking in Jul/Aug then falling back to almost where I started at the beginning of the year.

That happen to anyone else???
    OH YES---makes me wonder why I play.........OH YES I'm retired Seriously--my game has improved---ball is usually on the fairway after my drive---50% of my second shots are on the green or very close to it---putting is OK---but it's those shots around the green that screw up my game. I think the short game is probably the hardest to master-----too too too many variables. I did shoot a low of 83 and my last putt took me 10 minutes---but I made it I'll be back next year
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Can't complain I suppose. HDCP down to 3.1 at end of year (lowest was 2.7 I think), so down about 1.4 from last year despite a mid-season injury and ballooning to 6.0 at one point.

Kept hole-by-hole stats this year for the first time on RCGANetwork, so nothing to really compare against. GIR only 50%, FW 59%, 10% birdies and 50% pars, 28% bogies and 12% double+. Scoring average 78.0 and 1.74 PPH (not per GIR -- I asked the RCGA to consider that as another stat for next year).

Lowest round - even par 70 at Hautes Plaines in the first round of the CC. ESC -1 (3 birds and a triple)

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I didn't move up or down , which is amazing considering i finished the season in poor form ... roll on next year
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Up and down for me, scored better at the first of the year, but felt like I played better by the end of the year.....go figure!!!! Was an awesome year though broke 100 at 3 different courses. And feel like my knowledge and hitting has become alot better.

If I wasn't hooked for sure on golf last year, I definitely got hooked this year.......to the point of where I think nothing of going out by myself and shooting a game or two.
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Started the year at 2.7 and the index went up to just below 5 at one point (I don't think it went over 5.....) but it's now back down to 3.2. Playing less and less each year over the last 3 seasons, so trying to keep an index at that level will be tough.

Had a decent year though, a few rounds under par. But if the short game hadn't left me for a few months, I would probably have a much lower index. Still had fun this year though. Next year will probably be my last full year of golf, that is if little ones are on the horizon. I'm hoping for two more years.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    This is the first year I have recorded my handicap. I have gone down an little, not sure what I started at, but finished at 20.7 index. I am happy with that. My goal was to break 90 and I went down to as low as 84. and broke 90 four times. I will see a big difference in my score if I practice short game a lot more. Putting and chipping are my weak areas by far.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Mine went up a few points. However I did not play as much golf this year as I have in the past. Plus I went from playing a 6100 yard course that was wide open and had easy greens. Now I play a 6400 yard course that is tree lined, many uneven lies in the fairways, with greens that will drive you nuts!
    There is the reason my index went up a little bit. So I am not unhappy about this fact.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information