100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar

Daly in trouble again

WINSTON-SALEM N.C. (AP)—Golfer John Daly was taken into custody Sunday morning by Winston-Salem police after he was found drunk outside an area Hooters restaurant.

Police said in a statement Wednesday that said officers went to the restaurant on a medical call. When they arrived, Daly was being treated by emergency workers after losing consciousness.

While at the restaurant, police said Daly “appeared extremely intoxicated and uncooperative,” refused repeatedly to be taken to the hospital and was asked to leave the restaurant by several workers.

Daly was taken to the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center for a 24-hour stay, until he was sober.
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...854824,00.html

He seems to like Hooters Restaurant and tents...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    they really need to start calling him "Ex-golfer" John Daly.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Or Idiot golfer John Daly.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    So much talent wasted! It is a shame.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I knew he was in trouble when I saw his show on the Golf Channel and he had a trailer set up outside a Hooters to sell his merchandise. He was manning it himself. That was weird.

As much as we may all call him an idiot we must remember that he has a disease and he has to decide to get treated for it. Having first hand experience with this in my family it is amazing how difficult that decision is even when one faces losing their entire family etc... I just hope he can do it for his own sake and for his kids.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I found a nice large mug shot of Mr. Daly on the smoking gun's website. enjoy!

Andrew

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by btasse View Post
    Daly was taken to the Forsyth County Law Enforcement Detention Center for a 24-hour stay, until he was sober.
    I don't know, he's a big boy and a pretty frequent drinker, I think 24 hours was a little much for sobering up. I think 8 hours and a medium pepperoni pizza would have got him back on his feet.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    nice of him to wear the Hooter's orange for the mugshot!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I really feel sorry for John Daly. However, he can still turn his life around, if he decides that he has a problem that he wants to deal with. Until then, his slide into the abyss will continue. A good example of this kind of positive change is movingly described in Frank O'Dea's book entitled When All You Have is Hope. O'Dea was a co-founder of Second Cup. Before he established this successful company he languished as a drunk, living on the streets of Toronto begging for change to buy his next drink. It can be done. John Daly simply has to decide that he wants to do it. His self-destructive conduct would suggest that he's not so inclined, and that is a real shame.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Your bang on Mike but this is probably the toughest decision for someone to make in that predicament, people know they are losing loved ones, their jobs etc and still cannot do it. We as bystanders can only hope that they can get the help they need, its too easy to make fun of anyone who is in this situation. Yes, I know there are many who can say he got himself into this mess but its easy to start drinking but not the same when you try to stop.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Apparently, Daly wasn't drunk, he was just sleeping with his eyes open, and he's very hard to wake up. That's what I heard on Golf Channel this morning.

That has got to be one of the lamest spins in history.
    Andrew

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Apparently, Daly wasn't drunk, he was just sleeping with his eyes open, and he's very hard to wake up. That's what I heard on Golf Channel this morning.

That has got to be one of the lamest spins in history.
    When you pay your publicist with Natty-Light and golf-balls, you should be going into it knowing things aren't always going to go the way you want.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Thread Information