100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Anderson Golf Park OPEN!!!

The first round is booked for Sunday 11:50 am. Yes!!! Anderson Park in Borden opened today. I just can't wait to hit/lose that first ball!!!
    nice_lag
    Almonte

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

anderson golf park?

where is this place?

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    The first round is booked for Sunday 11:50 am. Yes!!! Anderson Park in Borden opened today. I just can't wait to hit/lose that first ball!!!

Just 15 minutes west of Barrie.

Quote Originally Posted by yun
    where is this place?
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    The first round is booked for Sunday 11:50 am. Yes!!!
    Do the words "bite me" mean anything there nice_lag?
    If those words don't, pm me. I'll explain them in detail.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Do the words "bite me" mean anything there nice_lag?
    If those words don't, pm me. I'll explain them in detail.

I'll take a big piece....
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

You Lucky Dog!

Damn, the drive up to Windsor last Thursday looked bleak but the Toronto area looked half decent and on Saturday Windsor looked pretty nice for golf. Too bad I was half dead on Saturday morning or I might have it given it a shot. Have a nice round at Anderson Park. FYI, Richview in Oakville and Carlisle in Burlington are open year-round, so you could probably score a decent spring round there.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Damn, the drive up to Windsor last Thursday looked bleak but the Toronto area looked half decent and on Saturday Windsor looked pretty nice for golf. Too bad I was half dead on Saturday morning or I might have it given it a shot. Have a nice round at Anderson Park. FYI, Richview in Oakville and Carlisle in Burlington are open year-round, so you could probably score a decent spring round there.
    Thanks Terry, I'll look it up. I was too banged up anyway to play golf in Windsor.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Ahhhh

You know what's better than the sound of your first drive finding the fairway... better than your first par-putt finding the cup????

A nice cold beer, on the deck of the clubhouse, 15C outside in March after the first round of the year...

Sure it wasn't the best of rounds but it sure beats all the indoor ones!!!! Let's enjoy the many more that will come...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar

Richview...

Well, I did end up playing on Saturday, and yes, Richview was it.

If anyone played there in the past, they'll be somewhat disappointed. The whole "front end of it" or the part of the property closest to the highway (Bronte Rd.) is being developped. Houses now occupy at least where the 4th hole was (I was playing with a guy who plays there a dozen or so times a year.) I don't know what other holes are gone.

Some web site I read mentioned the wonders of a double dog leg par 5 hole. Well it's been chopped off and is now a dog leg par 4.

Richview is now a par 67 with at least 4, maybe 5 par 3's on the front 9 (card's in the truck.)

Now... to the positive side of it - whatever number of original holes that remain are quite good, some quite challenging. A 214-yard par 3 into the wind from the blues was a fun hole to play (driver anyone?) Bogey was a good score.

Anyhow, if you're looking for the course the way it may have once been, it's gone. But it was great to be out there playing when most back home couldn't.

Looking forward to our favourites opening up here in the Ottawa area.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre

Lob Wedge John Campbell is on a distinguished road John Campbell's Avatar

New Course

Just a short note to let everyone know that we now have 5 courses involved with the Central Ontario Club. Marlwood and Wasaga Sands, both in Wasaga Beach, have joined!
    Take care

John Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    Well, I did end up playing on Saturday, and yes, Richview was it.

If anyone played there in the past, they'll be somewhat disappointed. The whole "front end of it" or the part of the property closest to the highway (Bronte Rd.) is being developped. Houses now occupy at least where the 4th hole was (I was playing with a guy who plays there a dozen or so times a year.) I don't know what other holes are gone.

Some web site I read mentioned the wonders of a double dog leg par 5 hole. Well it's been chopped off and is now a dog leg par 4.

Richview is now a par 67 with at least 4, maybe 5 par 3's on the front 9 (card's in the truck.)

Now... to the positive side of it - whatever number of original holes that remain are quite good, some quite challenging. A 214-yard par 3 into the wind from the blues was a fun hole to play (driver anyone?) Bogey was a good score.

Anyhow, if you're looking for the course the way it may have once been, it's gone. But it was great to be out there playing when most back home couldn't.

Looking forward to our favourites opening up here in the Ottawa area.

Mike

Thread Information