CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Corporate Golf...

Have finally listened to us and are starting with online booking next season!!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Have finally listened to us and are starting with online booking next season!!

If that is the case I will not be renewing my membership.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'm happy to hear this, I may be able to get more last minute afternoon rounds in next year. It seems they listened to many of the suggestions sent their way this year.

It looks like they balanced themselves out nicely so that they may be able to pick up more members and not worry about losing any of the current members with the addition of online booking.

EDIT - Looks like I spoke too soon. You may want to read your CG newsletter Reid, you may not be so quick to jump ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    If that is the case I will not be renewing my membership.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I am just about to finalize on whether I am going to join Corporate Golf or Executive golf, and thei news letter regarding plans for next year would be of immense help in deciding.

Could you post it or email it Hoolio?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I'm happy to hear this, I may be able to get more last minute afternoon rounds in next year. It seems they listened to many of the suggestions sent their way this year.

It looks like they balanced themselves out nicely so that they may be able to pick up more members and not worry about losing any of the current members with the addition of online booking.

EDIT - Looks like I spoke too soon. You may want to read your CG newsletter Reid, you may not be so quick to jump ship.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

PM me your e-mail Rez

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Done and Done
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

I have not read the newsletter... I never do LOL! It probably went out with the recycling
    All I know is when I spoke to them on the phone a couple of weeks ago they said there may be some form of online booking but it would be secondary to the phone booking. That type of set up would be fine with me.
    However if online booking were to become the predominent method of booking I would definitely pack up my membership and the 3 other folks for whom I book each week. Due to my work schedule etc. it is far more convenient for me to book by phone. If I wanted to book online there are a number of other golf booking services from which I could choose. I chose Corporate because their phone system fits my needs.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Yow Reid talk about jumping the gun!! There's certain parameters to phone and online booking that make it very fair to those who only want to book by phone. Why would you quit if there was online booking just out of curiosity?

You have psychic abilities and responded to my post as I was typing it....

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Phone has priority between 7 and 8 . Online is after 8
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I just renewed my membership this morning and I think the new changes arwe awsome. Online booking after 8am, now I can book in the afternoon when so many spots were just going to waste. Also they changed there cancellation policy which i think is much better as well. I really liked my first year with CG, my only complaint now is how to book the Marshes and Stonebridge. My friend and I call at 6:59, hitting redail until it opens and its always booked. I know others are doing the same but you'd think you'd get it at least once. I've always thought there was some sort of buddy deals going on wth those course. It be nice to search the members and see if there is a pattern of who's played there often and owners.......I always think the worst.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    That would be unfair for people who book online...isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Phone has priority between 7 and 8 . Online is after 8

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Start calling earlier. I got the Marshes this year on my one and only try. Also, just make sure you're calling at 7am, last year my watch was wrong by 2-3 minutes compared to theirs and it screwed me. I like the online starting at 8 thing too, awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    I just renewed my membership this morning and I think the new changes arwe awsome. Online booking after 8am, now I can book in the afternoon when so many spots were just going to waste. Also they changed there cancellation policy which i think is much better as well. I really liked my first year with CG, my only complaint now is how to book the Marshes and Stonebridge. My friend and I call at 6:59, hitting redail until it opens and its always booked. I know others are doing the same but you'd think you'd get it at least once. I've always thought there was some sort of buddy deals going on wth those course. It be nice to search the members and see if there is a pattern of who's played there often and owners.......I always think the worst.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Yes but they have a loyal membership that really is resistant to the online booking. I think this is a smart way to get it in there and then they will slowly make it the first choice. This way the older members don't get too much change all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    That would be unfair for people who book online...isn't?

Not really. If I book online at midnight it will always be unfair for the rest of the members. It is a compromise between the 2.
    Mahatma Gandhi

So the changes are as described to me two weeks ago. As long as phone bookers get the first priority that is fine with me.
    As stated earlier there are plenty of online booking choices for those who wish to book that way. Corporate is the only golf service that caters to those of us who do not yet live on our computers

Yes and they have extended phone calling to 1pm 7 days a week.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I read the notice today when I got the email and it all soundsed fair to me. Now all we need is unlimited memberships at all courses.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I didn't get an email..........probably caught up with my 1000's of SPAM

Can someone please forward it to me.

Thanks

Both (Phone/online) should start at the same time... Not sure why is the big deal about it.... I guess still people like waiting on the phone... Won't be signing any time soon based on current conditions...

Anyways, good luck..

Both (Phone/online) should start at the same time... Not sure why is the big deal about it.... I guess still people like waiting on the phone... Won't be signing any time soon based on current conditions...
    Well with a web-server there would be enough connections available for every member to log in and book at the same time, but with the phone, you're limited by the number of people manning the phones at CG. Therefore, people who don't have a computer or access to one at that time of the morning are pretty much going to have no chance of getting the spot they want at the popular courses against all of the people logging on at 7:00:01 and clicking "book".

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if it opened up at the same time, because it would only take about 30 seconds to find out of I've got the spot I want or not then I could go back to sleep until I have to get up for work, rather than spending 10 minutes on hold to find out all the spots are gone. Just not going to happen with the current member-base.

Understand but I guess that would only affect last minute players as you can book 4 days in advance.

Well with a web-server there would be enough connections available for every member to log in and book at the same time, but with the phone, you're limited by the number of people manning the phones at CG. Therefore, people who don't have a computer or access to one at that time of the morning are pretty much going to have no chance of getting the spot they want at the popular courses against all of the people logging on at 7:00:01 and clicking "book".

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer if it opened up at the same time, because it would only take about 30 seconds to find out of I've got the spot I want or not then I could go back to sleep until I have to get up for work, rather than spending 10 minutes on hold to find out all the spots are gone. Just not going to happen with the current member-base.

Understand but I guess that would only affect last minute players as you can book 4 days in advance.
    Not really. I often got placed on hold at exactly 7h00 AM and when I got the line the course I wanted was already booked.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Online booking after 8am, now I can book in the afternoon when so many spots were just going to waste. .

They were going to waste for you and they were losing $$$ because nobody could book.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    This does not make sense---and believe me I do not love computers or the internet but there are times when it does work..Why in the world would anyone want to sit on hold to book a golf game or anything else for that matter. Apex---if you don't have a computer I can fully understand..........EG has both phone and computer ---booking at the same time.

You don't have to be a slave to the computer to book a game---you look to see whats available and book it. Why take the time to call---wait on hold--only to be told your time or course is not available---I can't see the reasoning here. Maybe I'm missing something here--if I am please explain

I like RM with its one click booking for your game and tee-time---I think that's great--I go with EG because it suits me a little better--that's all. My brother goes RM and likes it. 6 buddies I play with are with CG and they want online. Maybe once they get their online system maybe they can book 24/7 like all the rest ---I must be missing something.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Apex---if you don't have a computer I can fully understand

LOL! I actually have a computer and am quite literate on it . Otherwise I would not be posting on OG.
    However I am not often at a computer at exactly 7 a.m. On the other hand I do have a cell phone with me and could find a phone any time if I did not.
    For seniors who may not have a computer and others who prefer to book by phone, Corporate is the only game in town. That may be why they are so popular and have the best courses. I have several senior friends who are members of Corporate Golf who would not join any of the other golf course booking sites.
    I often wonder if the reason CG has so many members and so many courses is because they have so many older, more financially comfortable members who prefer to book by phone. Quite frankly I am afraid that if they go to full online booking they will become just like their competition, which would result in a decline of members and course selection.

Reid, I can argue the other way too. There are plenty of young people I have spoken with who have avoided CG for not having an online booking system. They love the prices, they adore the course selection, but don't appreciate the hassle of waiting.

"Financially comfortable" and "discount golf" doesn't seem to be something that necessarily have to go hand in hand. I'm not rich by any means, but when a round of golf costs $16 it doesn't really break the bank. And going with an online system that allows members to book rounds in the afternoon if they get out of work early probably appeals to the still-working, non-seniors among us who can't get up and golf at 9am every day.

At the end of the day, CG must have realized that it made solid business sense to go with an online system, or they wouldn't have opted to do so.

Reid, I can argue the other way too. There are plenty of young people I have spoken with who have avoided CG for not having an online booking system. They love the prices, they adore the course selection, but don't appreciate the hassle of waiting.

"Financially comfortable" and "discount golf" doesn't seem to be something that necessarily have to go hand in hand. I'm not rich by any means, but when a round of golf costs $16 it doesn't really break the bank. And going with an online system that allows members to book rounds in the afternoon if they get out of work early probably appeals to the still-working, non-seniors among us who can't get up and golf at 9am every day.

At the end of the day, CG must have realized that it made solid business sense to go with an online system, or they wouldn't have opted to do so.
    I don't want to rehash an old debate. As I said, obviously they must be doing something right. And I think the fact they decided to go the route of phone first, online second shows they know where their money comes from and they have not forgotten that is the existing members who have been paying the bills all these years .
    It would take a lot of 'bird in the bush' members who say they would join if online membership were available to actually sign up to make up for the many 'bird in the hand' members who would leave.
    I do like the fact they have added online booking as a secondary service however. I'm sure I will use it many times on those days when I don't have to book one of the high demand courses.

Something that I have been thinking about with Cg is why don't they offer the phone service at 7pm instead of 7 am the night before that way it wouldn't be so slanted to seniors and retired folks. Its hard to go to work and remember to call CG right at 6:59:59 an dbe on hold for 15 mins. If they made the phone system open from 7pm-8pm the night before everyone would have a fair shot at calling in and then booking your round the following day. The rest would be avail online after 8pm. i don't mind the phone first concept but it should be avail when people can call with out rearranging there day to do so. This would also cut down on the amount of hours they would need to staff the phones and would in turn cut costs and maybe add new course or more meberships. Just a thought.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Apex--at least I got you to laugh Why do you think the statement was set apart.
    Lets face it CG has just realized it is time to get serious---this is the 21st century--progress is still the name of the game. I am sure after you have used it you will find it a valuable asset
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information