CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gerbs

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Gerbs

This guy is so inconsistent, Murray needs to go out and trade for another goalie or something. He gave up another horrible goal to lose the game against Detroit, combine that with his 2 iffy goals against Pittsburgh and he is responsible for 2 losses out of 3 games and the one he did not start they won. What does that tell you. Swap Gerbs and Donovan for Kiprusoff straight up. PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    actually, he played pretty well against Detroit - 41 shots or something. The 2nd goal he should have had but the Sens had a brutal line change. The last goal got tipped by the defenseman and took a bad hop - not really his fault, just unfortunate.

that being said, I agree he can be pretty inconsistent.

I don't think its very easy to trade these days, they tried moving him last year as well. And then who do you get back in return that is available and any good?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Your making my point, he plays well and lets in a bad goal or an iffy one every freakin game, a starting NHL goalie cannot do that. He is making huge money since being in Ottawa and has yet earn it, both he and Kipper need a change of scenery, it would be a good trade, hell, Ottawa is going no where with Gerbs and especially with Spezza turning the puck over every time he has a shift.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I was there and both the 2nd ( What a shot top corner ) and the 3rd, tipped by the defenseman were not that bad. Gerbs kept us in the game or we would of lost by 4 or 5 goals. That was only his 2nd game of the season remember? Lets see how he does Friday against Phoenix.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Really, he has shown nothing more than he has in the last 2 seasons, he is inconsistent, never makes the big save. I thought he should have had the last goal, he looked really weak. The question is how long do we wait?? I think Murray tried to get rid of him last season and no one wanted him, it would be more difficult this year. We are not lucky when it comes to goalied that is for sure.
    Lefty Lucas

I do agree he never steals us a game like Martin Brodeur or Evgeny Nabokov, but it could be worse we could have Toskala in nets with Jeff Finger & Kaberle in front of him!!

Go Sens Go!!!

Plus, Alfie may be back as early as Friday, woo hoO!!!!!!

Your right but man let's get a goal keeper, Alex Auld looked really good and if we have to bow to Gerbs ego and not play Auld then we are in deep trouble. Auld was solid and made me wonder what the hell are we doing putting Gerber in nets again. Ride the hot goalie I say, if Auld starts against Phoenix after Gerbs got almost a week's rest then we will know that the Coach is not impressed.
    Lefty Lucas

Kipper's cap # is 5.83M for the next 5 years

Gerber's is 3.7M for this year

Even adding Donovan @ .6 and a useful player at that price, you are still 1.5M short and Ottawa is pretty close to the cap with about 3M in space.

I'd be shocked to see Calgary entertain that offer....

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Your right but man let's get a goal keeper, Alex Auld looked really good and if we have to bow to Gerbs ego and not play Auld then we are in deep trouble. Auld was solid and made me wonder what the hell are we doing putting Gerber in nets again. Ride the hot goalie I say, if Auld starts against Phoenix after Gerbs got almost a week's rest then we will know that the Coach is not impressed.

Gerb's has already been announced as the starter for Friday, but Auld may play against Boston on Saturday.

I agree, its a tough sell except to say that Kipper has had success and much inconsistnecy as well and he hates Keenan, a change of scenery would be great for both, Sutter loves Donavan but hey a guy is allowed to dream!!
    Lefty Lucas

Crap, I hope that he plays really well but even if they win and he lets in an iffy goal I will still be in this Gerbitis mood.
    Lefty Lucas

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    actually, he played pretty well against Detroit - 41 shots or something. The 2nd goal he should have had but the Sens had a brutal line change. The last goal got tipped by the defenseman and took a bad hop - not really his fault, just unfortunate.

that being said, I agree he can be pretty inconsistent.

I don't think its very easy to trade these days, they tried moving him last year as well. And then who do you get back in return that is available and any good?
    Just to start off...I like Gerber and wish he would do well here, but enough is enough! they cant keep giving him all the cahnces in to world to perform.

41 saves was good but like usual his rebound contol is brutal! how many were put right back out to the slot!??? the last goal he was down before the puck was even shot! From where the shot was taken im sure he could have made a reflex save he he had of been on his feet. but instead he sticks his arm out and oh...its in the net! he is down and out way to much...just gets lucky that sometimes they shoot the puck right at him.
    why they would sit back relax and play the trap in a 2-1 hockey game against detroit is beyond me!????? you knew they were going to get burned...just sucks it had to be Gerbs letting in a bad goal again!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Like Gerber or not all I can say is that a former Goalie who played at a high level, you are expecting waaaaaaay to much when you say that Gerbs should have had that last goal on Saturday night. The puck was tipped by the d-man and then bounced twice, not once, but twice!!

From what I saw, Gerber was out at the top of his crease, had the angle played fairly well and reacted well to the deflection. The puck just took a really bad hop up and over his toe - chit happens it just seems to happen more often than not to Gerber.

There is no way anyone will ever convince me that the final goal on Saturday was a bad goal or that any goalie should be expected to make that save.

That shot was equivalent to a baseball player expecting a fastball and getting a change-up instead............only you'd never in a million years guess that a change-up is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Just to start off...I like Gerber and wish he would do well here, but enough is enough! they cant keep giving him all the cahnces in to world to perform.

41 saves was good but like usual his rebound contol is brutal! how many were put right back out to the slot!??? the last goal he was down before the puck was even shot! From where the shot was taken im sure he could have made a reflex save he he had of been on his feet. but instead he sticks his arm out and oh...its in the net! he is down and out way to much...just gets lucky that sometimes they shoot the puck right at him.
    why they would sit back relax and play the trap in a 2-1 hockey game against detroit is beyond me!????? you knew they were going to get burned...just sucks it had to be Gerbs letting in a bad goal again!
    I here ya, but trading is near impossible in the league now and its not like there are a bunch of unemployed top notch goalies out there or underpaid superstars. The cap makes it even tougher and goalies are the hardest to come by. They've tried trading him to no avail. So cast him aside after 2 games and destroy what little confidence he has and put all your $ on Auld for the next 79 games? and if he fails?

It's a long season, not determined by what happens now, but what happens in the spring.

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    2 points now are worth the same as 2 points in the spring you know

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Like Gerber or not all I can say is that a former Goalie who played at a high level, you are expecting waaaaaaay to much when you say that Gerbs should have had that last goal on Saturday night. The puck was tipped by the d-man and then bounced twice, not once, but twice!!

From what I saw, Gerber was out at the top of his crease, had the angle played fairly well and reacted well to the deflection. The puck just took a really bad hop up and over his toe - chit happens it just seems to happen more often than not to Gerber.

There is no way anyone will ever convince me that the final goal on Saturday was a bad goal or that any goalie should be expected to make that save.

That shot was equivalent to a baseball player expecting a fastball and getting a change-up instead............only you'd never in a million years guess that a change-up is coming.
    All in all that pucked moves less than a foot from where the origonal shot was taken...not like it was a puck along the ice tiped to the top of the net....Gerber is always down playing the angle of the shot before the puck is off the players stick. look back at most of the goals scored on him this year.... shots from outside the hash marks that if he would challenge and stay on his feet a little longer he would be able to react to the shooter when the shot is taken... he commits way to soon and gets burned. all I am saying is...hard to move and react to a tip that is 30 feet away when he is already on his knees. if he is up and that is tipped then its easyer to get the body infront of that shot instead of sticking out the blocker trying to stop the puck.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    should have taken roberto when they wanted to trade for redden...
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I here ya, but trading is near impossible in the league now and its not like there are a bunch of unemployed top notch goalies out there or underpaid superstars. The cap makes it even tougher and goalies are the hardest to come by. They've tried trading him to no avail. So cast him aside after 2 games and destroy what little confidence he has and put all your $ on Auld for the next 79 games? and if he fails?

It's a long season, not determined by what happens now, but what happens in the spring.

I really think that Gerber plays the same every game win or loose. what makes the difference is how the team plays in front of him. When has Gerber ever stole a game for Ottawa??? never. the only time I seen him stand out was a couple of games against Pittsburgh last year!

why not bring up Elliot or Glass? try it out. but three seasons of hoping Gerber gets it together is a joke!

4 Iron MixBag is on a distinguished road MixBag's Avatar
    It looks to me as if he loses composer from pressure. He lets in weak goals @ the beginning of a game or @ the end. He thinks every shot is going in and over commits.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I did not watch the game last night but why was Gerber playing? Auld is #1 and 2 in GAA and SP. was he tired? How did Gerber play?
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

He played well. The two goals that were scored would have been tough to stop, the first a deflection through a screen off a player, the second a quick turnaround that found the top shelf. The second was a lack of the D's ability to clear the puck.

AULD is going to save the team.. he is a rock. These guys play so well infront of him. I'm actually excited to watch them play again!
    willy

Gerber made the first save but was allowing big rebounds. in the last five games Ottawa looked solid in there end but last night they were having a hard time again. Gerber's rebound contol is awful, I wonder if this has anything to do with them have such bad problems? Save made, rebound into the slot making the sens chip it out or giving the Canes another chance. Gerber just looks so small in the net compared to Auld!

Auld is a big kid, almost as big as kolzig
    willy

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    So why was Gerber in net last night?
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    So why was Gerber in net last night?
    Probably because it was a road game the night after a home game and Murray thought he might play better against his old team.

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Probably because it was a road game the night after a home game and Murray thought he might play better against his old team.

Last night game,

"Gerber allowed five goals on 22 shots for Ottawa, 1-13-3 in its last 17 road games"

If Gerber can't stop the puck, Murray has to stop passing the buck.
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Gerber made the first save but was allowing big rebounds. in the last five games Ottawa looked solid in there end but last night they were having a hard time again. Gerber's rebound contol is awful, I wonder if this has anything to do with them have such bad problems? Save made, rebound into the slot making the sens chip it out or giving the Canes another chance. Gerber just looks so small in the net compared to Auld!
    This is Gerber's sty;e, he has never controlled rebounds very well, he flops around as well, from what I saw he was lucky that he did not get other goals scored against him.
    Lefty Lucas

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    how many of those road games did Auld play? not like the sens do any better with him in net either, i don't think goaltending is the problem, this just is no a very good team, ask Tampa how good a team can be with one decent line? and ottawas is not as good as tampas was with only one sniper, one whiney play maker and an aging star?

Gerbs is on his way out I think with Elliot in nets. Murray had to do something.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information