100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Le Sorcier

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Le Sorcier

played there yesterday, magnificent day, great fall colours, no wind, played mostly in a golf shirt and no jacket.

there was a bit of a frost delay so we were about 30 min late teeing off, and they teed us off on #4 since #1 and #2 greens were still frost covered. The idea was to play 4 5 6 7 and then head back and play 1 2 3.

Well, in 4 holes, the marshall was on us twice to speed up and somewhat rudely I might add. I was playing with my dad and two other guys and other than me, no one had played the course. the sun was low, the leaves were everywhere and it made for a tough few opening holes finding balls, etc. So what happens when we get back to 1? there are 2 groups waiting to tee off as they had started teeing people off on 1 already. Good thing the marshalls were all over us to speed up - btw, we got back to 1 in 1 hour - right on time for their 15 min / hole. after some tooing and froing, we decided to keep going and head over and play 8-18 and then head back to 1 (this was our decision, since we'd be waiting 1/2 hour to tee off on 1. We'll we didn't let that ruin our day and I ended up making 3 birds (and should have had 4 after my putt did a 360 and didn't drop on one of the par 5's). All in all a great day but the marshalls need to figure our a better play and learn a bit about customer service over there. I will add the guys at the bag drop are great, very nice and helpful.

The course is in amazing shapes, the greens were great - a few scraggly tee boxes but if you can get up there in the next week or so you are in for a treat!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    I experienced the same from the marshals when I played back in August. Course was awesome, bag drop guys were great, marshals were rude and had no idea what there job was. Total power trip.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Interesting about the marshalls. An article in the local paper (Citizen) a few weeks back about how they allegedly mis-treated one of the Canadian Paralympic team members in a wheel chair. Lots of he said/she said in the article but no resolution. Seems to be a trend developing. It is a nice course, but I don't need to drive that far to be abused... tuvm.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    So I see things have not changed much---sure glad I didn't waste my $ there this year
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    As a counter to the bad experiences related by several people, I played Le Sorcier thrice this year, and found it excellent every time. The marshals were friendly and responsive to any concerns we raised while playing, and for one of the rounds we got paired up with an off-duty marshal who was quite an enjoyable character to play with. Certainly the marshals are very present at Le Sorcier, but people complain about the alternative just as much (nary a marshal to be seen, or the one on duty is shirking his responsibilities...).

The one complaint I'd have is the same complaint I've had at any course I've teed off on after 8:30am this year - things get backed up and slow.
    Wannabe Golf

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    crazy thing is we finished in 4:10 so we weren't slow by any means and considering we waited a good 5 min the first time we went to one before going to 8 and another 10 min when we finally got to play it since there was a group on the tee waiting when we got there so under 4 hours is outstanding IMHO for 3 of 4 guys who hadn't played the course and considering the leaves, long grass and low sun made finding balls in the rough a challenge. I am all for active marshalls but this is my second encounter with overly aggressive marshalls there. The circus surrounding playing 4-7 and being told to speed up before going back to 1 really ticked me off.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I have not experience that "abuse" at the course and I play it quite a bit there... It's the only place that I have seen that marshal would go and tell a group to pick up.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Interesting about the marshalls. An article in the local paper (Citizen) a few weeks back about how they allegedly mis-treated one of the Canadian Paralympic team members in a wheel chair. Lots of he said/she said in the article but no resolution. Seems to be a trend developing. It is a nice course, but I don't need to drive that far to be abused... tuvm.
    No kidding, if you want to be abused, just play a round with Indio

Thread Information